Has anyone won the jackpot on the spinning booster wheel in candy crush?

Comments

• Cezdiamond
    Cezdiamond Posts: 6,498 Community Manager

I've spent 0 dollars on Candy Crush and got the jackpot twice now. It's all luck baby!!!!!

Thanks for sharing and congratulations :-)
  • Friedea
    Friedea Posts: 1 Newbie

Hi Everyone- Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, these comments will be passed on. 

Though winning the Jackpot is rare, there's always a prize available for the Daily Booster Wheel and it costs absolutely nothing to spin it.  This represents 365 FREE boosters a year!

The Jackpot is like any other game which includes a spinning wheel, it's really down to luck and chance where it stops! It's similar to playing any lottery, sometimes it just doesn't land where you'd like it.  Our players aren't obliged to spin the wheel at all, so we understand if they'd prefer not to – but there’s really nothing to lose if you take a chance!

Don’t forget, we also have the Sugar Drop Challenge along with the numerous promotional games we frequently run, all of which offer you lots of chances to win free tasty extras.

We're also running promotional feature games more frequently now which offer the chance to win even more free Sweet rewards!

Thanks again for the feedback, we value the thoughts of all of our loyal players! :-) 

Have a sweet week! 

While I appreciate your comment, and you are absolutely right that it's basically 365 free boosters a year, it's also very frustrating to have you say that it's "like any other game that includes a spinning wheel." If that were true, players would have a 12.5% chance of hitting the jackpot because there are 8 equally divided sections that it can land on. Given that this particular wheel is just based on code behind the app and there is clearly less than 12.5% chance of hitting that spot, maybe what the developers could do is have the jackpot triangle be a much smaller piece of the pie, one that graphically represents what the statistical chances are of winning, whatever those may be. I think that would make everyone feel less cheated. Just don't brush it off with an answer like, "it's just like any other wheel" when maybe what you mean is "it's just like any other wheel that has unequal odds on different triangles, even though we make it look like they all have the same odds."
  • Randle
    Randle Posts: 1,977 Level 2

Today I won the jackpot for the first time. I am at level 2429 so have been playing this for a long..... time

Congrats Shippel!
  • Randle

I've spent 0 dollars on Candy Crush and got the jackpot twice now. It's all luck baby!!!!!

Awesome, lucky you Churner12!
  • Amber-9
    Amber-9 Posts: 1 Newbie

Hi Everyone- Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, these comments will be passed on. 

Though winning the Jackpot is rare, there's always a prize available for the Daily Booster Wheel and it costs absolutely nothing to spin it.  This represents 365 FREE boosters a year!

The Jackpot is like any other game which includes a spinning wheel, it's really down to luck and chance where it stops! It's similar to playing any lottery, sometimes it just doesn't land where you'd like it.  Our players aren't obliged to spin the wheel at all, so we understand if they'd prefer not to – but there’s really nothing to lose if you take a chance!

Don’t forget, we also have the Sugar Drop Challenge along with the numerous promotional games we frequently run, all of which offer you lots of chances to win free tasty extras.

We're also running promotional feature games more frequently now which offer the chance to win even more free Sweet rewards!

Thanks again for the feedback, we value the thoughts of all of our loyal players! :-) 

Have a sweet week! 

I landed on the jackpot ONCE in the more than 5 yrs I think I've been playing this game. It was just about a month ago and I thought "I'm FINALLY going to get it!!!" NOPE - it landed on the jackpot and immediately jumped to the next spot. I WAS ABSOLUTELY LIVID!!!!! THIS GAME IS ABSOLUTELY RIGGED. I 100% BELIEVE THAT NOW. I always thought it might be BUT NOW I KNOW FOR SURE. VERY DISAPPOINTING!
  • Cezdiamond
    Cezdiamond Posts: 6,498 Community Manager

Yes I have hit the jackpot once. 

Thanks for sharing with us :-)
  • Randle

I won the jackpot today!!!  I am on level 2014 and spin the wheel every day.  It stopped on jackpot, and then all of the bonuses showed up!

Congrats Carolyn!
  • Murray_Gangell
    Murray_Gangell Posts: 1 Newbie

EITHER INCREASE THE ODDS OR REMOVE THE JACKPOT SPACE FROM THE WHEEL.

Same frustration here - I'm on level 940 and have never hit either.  King Co - remove the useless space and add a bonus item so I don't feel played every time I spin the wheel.

Most times I get the dam fish??? You can see the wheel flicker so it's definitely rigged to give you the worst prize most times
  • Lwil
    Lwil Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited June 2017

Have a sweet week! 

Oh come on. At least be honest about it; your answer above is clearly untrue. Yes, the opportunity to win items is definitely an appreciated feature. However, the falseness of your statement above is frustrating. Anyone who knows anything about statistics can tell without a doubt it's not "just luck." If it is a 1:1000 chance, fine, just say that. But don't imply it's a 1:8 chance. Fractions and odds based on chance are taught in 4th grade so it's almost insulting that you'd tell us it's just luck when there is no way at all it's a 1:8 chance. I like Frieda's suggestion above.
  • SyntaxNation
    SyntaxNation Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited June 2017

Have a sweet week! 

Cezdiamond, what are the exact odds for landing on the Jackpot space on the Daily Booster Wheel?I have been very close many a time, the last time the screen "glitched" and the wheel changed position to ACTIVELY AVOID THE JACKPOT SPACE. King needs to be a little more honest about what is happening here, but in case you aren't sure what I am talking about, here is an idea.The FTP (Free to Play) players give King absolutely nothing in revenue, so as such, are much less likely to land on a space on the Daily Booster Wheel. However, the more moderately one spends money on the game, the more likely they are of hitting the Jackpot space, because who doesn't deserve a reward for paying a couple of hundred to a few thousand dollars a year in boosters ("whales" I believe the term is). So someone correct me if I am wrong, but does your chance of landing on the Jackpot space increase with spending, or is King just not wanting to tell us the odds to keep it all in the houses favour, to use gaming terminology.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?