“Watch Ads” aren’t working in my iPhone X anymore

Christine_ArgueChristine_Argue Posts: 5
edited December 2018 in Support
I have the option to Watch Ads on my iPhone X and my iPad...they work on the iPad but when I try to participate on my phone I get nothing but a black screen and no rewards because nothing ever played.  Help!  I miss the extra support for my game on the iPhone.
Prev13

Comments

• ElsaElsa Posts: 12,182 Superstar
    Hi @Christine_Argue, are you referring to the video that you would click on when you are at a specific level?  Are you clearing the history daily on your phone?  Clear the history now and then shut down your phone.  Wait about 10 seconds and then reopen it and then open the game.  Let me know if it starts working for you.  Only one other player reported this happening but I'm not sure if it's a new glitch starting.  I will keep my eyes open here for the next few days and if anyone else reports it I will then elevate it to the community manager and she will notify the studio about this.
  • I have cleared the history/cookies and restarted the phone, it doesn’t help.  The phone is relatively new and when I first opened CC on it, the videos for rewards and extra lives were working, but then they just stopped.  The link to the video works but just brings up a black screen with an X at the top right and stays that way until I press the X to return to the game.  No rewards or lives are given.
    I don't think it will be a priority change for the studio since only 2 of you are having this glitch out of how many million players?  You've done everything that you can do for the phone so maybe it's best to play on your iPad for now.  I also have the iPhone and iPad and I am finding that sometimes a challenge could be on one but not on both.  I just play where I have the challenge.  If I see more posting about this, I promise that I will elevate this further.
  • Anton123Anton123 Posts: 2
    My freebie ads aren't working either. 
    I'm on android though  
    Hi all, I am going to forward this to the Community Manager and maybe the studio will be able to find a quick fix for it.
  • CezdiamondCezdiamond Posts: 6,179 Community Manager
    Thanks everyone for sharing, we have seen a few cases of this problem and our game team are looking into this. 

Sorry I cannot share a workaround in the meantime. 

Thanks! 

Want to win some Gold Bars, see our competition here
  • sweetteachsweetteach Posts: 1
    I have also been having this problem the past two weeks. My guess is it is affecting more than 3 out of millions of users. 
  • pinkchamperspinkchampers Posts: 10
    I’ve seen people posting this since october, I’ve had the issue since then too and I’ve tried uninstalling the app and everything. Happy to see someone actually reply and say the game team are finally looking into it. 
  • bluewavec1978bluewavec1978 Posts: 1
    Hi, greetings from Belgium. Having tge same issue with the video ads just abruptly coming to an end. No specific reason. I tried re-installing the app, but that just reset some of the counters...still no ads. I find it a shame because it was a welcome lifeline before and after some of the more testing candycrush levels... 
  • Flo94481Flo94481 Posts: 7
    Hello, i have the same Problem. iPad 2017. the ads are available one ok two days a week for some Hours. The Rest of the Time I only See a Black Screen.
  • rrudolphu2rrudolphu2 Posts: 8
    Thanks everyone for sharing, we have seen a few cases of this problem and our game team are looking into this. 

Sorry I cannot share a workaround in the meantime. 

Thanks! 
    Hi !
    Any update on that issue ? The "few cases" you have seen are occurring in iOS and Andrpid, right ? In my case it's happening when I play in my Android phone; haven't tried my Ipad Mini 3rd generation as it's too slow nowadays, but if you need I check it out, let me know (this may help to identify if the problem is related to some specific operating systems or  accounts).  Please let us know.

Thanks !
    Hi guys, I am starting to see this on my iPhone XR too.  The video opens but then it freezes!  I am going to tag @Cezdiamond who is the Community Manager for this game.  She did write above that they are looking into it but now I see that more ar writing and I am also having this problem. 
  • rrudolphu2rrudolphu2 Posts: 8
    edited January 13
    @Gregg : take a look here. Elsa is also having that issue now;  she tagged the Communiry Manager in the above post. Hope we can have some news soon.
    Bye and greetings from Chile! 
  • GreggGregg Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited January 13
    Thanks for the info @rrudolphu2 --Agree! And greetings from Albuquerque New Mexico 🇲🇽 ☺ @Elsa, Please reveiw all the activity on my posts regarding this issue...several are awaiting a fix to this issue. Thanks
    Hi @Gregg, please be patient because they do have a priority fix list and I don't know where this falls on the list.  I just play lots of their games so if one doesn't work I just go on to the next.
Prev13