⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Booster videos won't play on iphone

Elaine_G
Elaine_G Posts: 4 Newbie

The option comes up to watch a video to receive a booster but the video will not play it loads with a black screen and the only option is to 'X' out of the ad to proceed.

Answers

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,637 Sweet Legend

Hi Elaine, I haven't seen any other posts here on this yet.  Which mobile device are you using to play the game?  What model and is your operating system up-to-date?  Also please make sure that you have the latest version of Saga - it should be 1.138.0.  I will keep my eyes open here in the next few days to see if this is a new glitch starting.

• Elaine_G

Hi Elaine, I haven't seen any other posts here on this yet.  Which mobile device are you using to play the game?  What model and is your operating system up-to-date?  Also please make sure that you have the latest version of Saga - it should be 1.138.0.  I will keep my eyes open here in the next few days to see if this is a new glitch starting.

Hi Elsa, i am using an iphone 7 but i do have a software update pending so i will try that tonight. How do you check what version of Candy Crush you are using?
  • Elaine_G

Hi Elsa, i did a software update last night and i am using Saga version 1.138.0 but the issue has not been resolved. Please can you investigate. It is on level 2532.
  • Christine_Argue
    Christine_Argue Posts: 8 Level 2
    edited December 2018
    I have the option to Watch Ads on my iPhone X and my iPad...they work on the iPad but when I try to participate on my phone I get nothing but a black screen and no rewards because nothing ever played.  Help!  I miss the extra support for my game on the iPhone.
  • _Elsa_
    Hi @Christine_Argue, are you referring to the video that you would click on when you are at a specific level?  Are you clearing the history daily on your phone?  Clear the history now and then shut down your phone.  Wait about 10 seconds and then reopen it and then open the game.  Let me know if it starts working for you.  Only one other player reported this happening but I'm not sure if it's a new glitch starting.  I will keep my eyes open here for the next few days and if anyone else reports it I will then elevate it to the community manager and she will notify the studio about this.
  • Christine_Argue
    Christine_Argue Posts: 8 Level 2
    I have cleared the history/cookies and restarted the phone, it doesn’t help.  The phone is relatively new and when I first opened CC on it, the videos for rewards and extra lives were working, but then they just stopped.  The link to the video works but just brings up a black screen with an X at the top right and stays that way until I press the X to return to the game.  No rewards or lives are given.
  • _Elsa_
    I don't think it will be a priority change for the studio since only 2 of you are having this glitch out of how many million players?  You've done everything that you can do for the phone so maybe it's best to play on your iPad for now.  I also have the iPhone and iPad and I am finding that sometimes a challenge could be on one but not on both.  I just play where I have the challenge.  If I see more posting about this, I promise that I will elevate this further.
  • Anton123
    Anton123 Posts: 2 Newbie
    My freebie ads aren't working either. 
    I'm on android though  
  • _Elsa_
    Hi all, I am going to forward this to the Community Manager and maybe the studio will be able to find a quick fix for it.
  • Cezdiamond
    Cezdiamond Posts: 6,498 Community Manager
    Thanks everyone for sharing, we have seen a few cases of this problem and our game team are looking into this. 

Sorry I cannot share a workaround in the meantime. 

Thanks! 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?