Oops, an unknown error occurred. Candy Crush.

TeresaETeresaE Posts: 3
For the past week I’ve been trying to save my progress on Candy Crush Saga but I keep getting the message “Oops, an unknown error occurred” every time I try. In fact, I can’t even log off. I do not have a Facebook account, nor do I want one. Any suggestions on how to connect? I don’t want to uninstall then reinstall because I’m afraid I will lose my status. Thank you.

Answers

• Sukanta_BiswasSukanta_Biswas Posts: 4,261 Legend
    hi @TeresaE ;You are warmly welcomed in the community. Show a screenshot of your problem. I'm trying to help you. or check here   
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/246151/how-to-get-your-level-and-progress-back#latest

If you need help at any time, please contact me by replying to this message. Similarly, if you ever have any question then please do not hesitate to send me a message or posting on category. Have a good day 🙏
    If you want use Candy Crush Saga Badge in the Facebook profile picture, you can find here .
  • huhhuh Posts: 11 ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I have no Facebook account and have not previously needed or used one. 
    hello @huh
    We all have our favorite apps and we use them daily. Over some period of time, the cache will pile up, and you may notice the app is running slow or freezing or crashing frequently. 
    That often happens when we are using some of the most popular apps. Once you delete the cache, the app will work normally.
    Here is what you need to do:
    Go to Settings
    Tap on Apps (App Manager, Manage apps, depending on the Android device)
    Find the app candy crush saga
    Next, tap Clear cache
    Tap Force stop
    Go back to the Home screen and launch the app again.

Update your apps
    App developers are giving their best to deliver a great experience to the users, which is why they are constantly working on improvements. 
    If users complain about the issue, including freezing and crashing or error occurred, developers will fix it with an update. 
    That is why it is essential to regularly update all your apps or at least the ones you use daily.

Open Google Play app
    Tap on three horizontal lines to open the menu
    Next, tap on My apps & games
    You can tap Update all, or go through the apps and update only the ones you want.

Reply me here after check

If you need help at any time, please contact me by replying to this message. Similarly, if you ever have any question then please do not hesitate to send me a message or posting on category. Have a good day 🙏
    If you want use Candy Crush Saga Badge in the Facebook profile picture, you can find here .
    Sorry I’m on an iPhone. It’s up to date. Just updated the candy crush saga app. Again no luck. Same response. Maybe delete the app?
    hello @huh
    If device and app both updated then Uninstall the app > Restart device > Install app.

So that worked to restore my progress and my gold bars. Thanks. But all my boosters are gone. And it was quite a lot. How do we restore them?
    hello @huh
    Please remember, for android or i-phone boosters had directly save on device memory, You can't moved or sync them.by game crashing or uninstalling you will lose them permanently. Which not returnable.
    The studio, booster has not yet started the syncing order. So you can face such problems.
    If you have the appropriate evidence, please contact King care

I’ve contacted king care and they’ve responded by sending me here. Again. 
    huh said:
    Well this has been a terrible experience. King care hasn’t done anything to help. Since I deleted the app and lost everything then I’m done. Game over!! So terrible. 
  • gerflugalgerflugal Posts: 1
    I checked that my progress was saved
    It took many attempts
    After I reset password 6 or seven times.
    The unknown error was still present but my progress did save ( finally).
    I cleared catch and still had the problem
    Logged into website @ king
    Downloaded TOS
    Logged out of and back in to king.
    Cleared catch. Shut down king and restart
    TOS acceptance cropped up
    Checked accept
    Now Candy Crush works
  • TeresaETeresaE Posts: 3
    I am removing all King games because I’ve tried everything. I’d rather quit playing altogether than have to reinstall and lose all my boosters. Bye King.
    Sing it TeresaE! I’ve quit playing.
    I understand the business model needs to make money but if you strip away my wealth because of a system glitch with no regards to restoring it well the greed of trying to make us buy our way back in is evident. Pretty much the worse customer service problem resolution I’ve had in awhile.  
  • bearwithmebearwithme Posts: 2,083 Legend
    @huh - I definitely feel your pain.  I had to do the same on my larger IPad and of course lost all my boosters and lives. Unfortunately in the situation you were in - the only choice is to uninstall and reinstall the game and King will not reimburse or restore the boosters.   I didn't have that many lives - but the boosters really hurt.  I had a lot including about a dozen saucers and I also had about the same number of hammers and switches.  I play on more than one platform so I still had my boosters on them - but I am gradually building up the lost boosters on the larger IPad.

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - Winnie the Pooh