With the change in build a bot, how will you play the new levels (particularly the hard levels)?

chuck38
chuck38 Posts: 29 Level 2
Assuming there is no change to build a bot, how does everyone plan to play the new levels this week. I definitely do not want to get stuck on a super hard level as it will be a booster drain.  I will most likely go into each level with all the boosters activated. The hammers, hand switches and UFOs will be even more precious in this new environment. 

Best Answers

• Somegirl
    Somegirl Posts: 122 Level 3
    Answer ✓
    I’m refusing to use any boosters unless absolutely needed on new levels with the new build a bot update. 
  • chuck38
    Answer ✓
    @Somegirl You are not alone in your thoughts. Without boosters, many of the new levels are next to impossible.  
  • heehawrules
    heehawrules Posts: 60 Level 3
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    Answer is I won't.

I am on level 4376. Of course King has it labeled normal difficulty, but then make the actual level nightmarishly hard and impossible to pass without multiple boosters. 

Then they take away our access to build a bot and to reset the level. 

And I go on forums and sites to post for all players on lower levels to drop the game and play something else because King could give a RIP about long time players. I'm petty like that I guess.

• SagaR
    SagaR Posts: 187 Level 3
    Answer ✓
    I have been lucky; for me this change was implemented only yesterday (I play on an iPad). Until now I was able to built the bot/spaceship/Mort with old levels as well. But yesterday I noticed that I now have the new-style Build-a-Bot. I am at level 4520, the highest available for iPad,so I have to wait until next Wednesday until I see the actual impact and what it will be like. I'm most worried about the colour bomb + colour bomb combination. I start 95 % of my levels with that (apart from the few levels where it is a really bad idea; mainly the chocolate ones) and now, for level 4521, there is no way I will have it available. And it looks like a level that would greatly benefit from cb + cb. I plan to use all the starting boosters, and then maybe, if absolutely necessary, purchase a party booster. Once I pass level 4521, I will get the first part of the robot (if I understood correctly the new rules) and it will be a colour bomb. So from then on at least I have a chance of a cb + cb.
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    @Boop

Build-A-Bot is actually fun once you get the hang of it. What you need to do is build your ladder. Make sure you have enough Boosters to build it when you are just starting. Don't HIT PLAY when you are not ready with your ammunitions. You don't go into a war without them.

You gain boosters little by little as you climb the rope. Treat every level you play like it is your first level in the challenge. Don't be confident when you are playing the light pink or easy level because they could be harder than the one labeled hard. Once you've accumulated completed levels, the more you should be careful. Each time you lose, you drop one step on your ladder. You don't want to wipe out your hard work. 

You might want to visit the Important TIPS on How To Survive and Win The Build-A-Bot Challenge at https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/253297/important-tips-on-how-to-survive-win-the-build-a-bot-challenge#latest
    This will give you more insights on how to be in the contention. I understand that there are advantages and disadvantages in playing this challenge. The advantage is, it is not just a one person winner competition. Everyone gets to face the challenge. How cool is that?

Let's give King a Credit for making this Challenging, otherwise, the game will be boring. Over a  week ago, my attitude was different because I thought it wasn't doable since I kept on falling off the ladder. Now, I understand why King is doing this. He is putting life to a game that has been the same for years.

Answers

• Somegirl
    Somegirl Posts: 122 Level 3
    Answer ✓
    I’m refusing to use any boosters unless absolutely needed on new levels with the new build a bot update. 
  • chuck38
    Answer ✓
    @Somegirl You are not alone in your thoughts. Without boosters, many of the new levels are next to impossible.  
  • heehawrules
    Answer is I won't.

I am on level 4376. Of course King has it labeled normal difficulty, but then make the actual level nightmarishly hard and impossible to pass without multiple boosters. 

Then they take away our access to build a bot and to reset the level. 

And I go on forums and sites to post for all players on lower levels to drop the game and play something else because King could give a RIP about long time players. I'm petty like that I guess.

• Ahmed987
    Ahmed987 Posts: 6 Level 2
    I uninstalled the game after the new update.
    bye saga , I am gonna miss you.
  • Boop
    Boop Posts: 5 Level 2
    Build a bot usless..U may gain one then lose it next game..liked the idea to go back to level one and collect boosters so you can go on to different levels.  What was king's thinking on taking away that option???? 
  • SagaR
    SagaR Posts: 187 Level 3
    Answer ✓
    I have been lucky; for me this change was implemented only yesterday (I play on an iPad). Until now I was able to built the bot/spaceship/Mort with old levels as well. But yesterday I noticed that I now have the new-style Build-a-Bot. I am at level 4520, the highest available for iPad,so I have to wait until next Wednesday until I see the actual impact and what it will be like. I'm most worried about the colour bomb + colour bomb combination. I start 95 % of my levels with that (apart from the few levels where it is a really bad idea; mainly the chocolate ones) and now, for level 4521, there is no way I will have it available. And it looks like a level that would greatly benefit from cb + cb. I plan to use all the starting boosters, and then maybe, if absolutely necessary, purchase a party booster. Once I pass level 4521, I will get the first part of the robot (if I understood correctly the new rules) and it will be a colour bomb. So from then on at least I have a chance of a cb + cb.
  • heehawrules
    @SagaR

Count yourself lucky. Many, many players can only access the Bot now through passing NEW levels only. We can also not restart the level to get a favorable configuration. Most of us also cannot watch videos to get boosters. They implement the "stickers", but you only get them if you pass a NEW level. If you are totally stuck on a hard level, you will easily use all your boosters, cannot access old levels to use the build a bot, etc.

Imagine how fun the game would be for you if you had no access to most of what enabled you to pass 30 levels. Could you have passed those levels without boosters?

This is our frustration. Random penalties for active players, no response or explanation from King, impassable levels, etc. 
  • mercerik
    @Boop

Build-A-Bot is actually fun once you get the hang of it. What you need to do is build your ladder. Make sure you have enough Boosters to build it when you are just starting. Don't HIT PLAY when you are not ready with your ammunitions. You don't go into a war without them.

You gain boosters little by little as you climb the rope. Treat every level you play like it is your first level in the challenge. Don't be confident when you are playing the light pink or easy level because they could be harder than the one labeled hard. Once you've accumulated completed levels, the more you should be careful. Each time you lose, you drop one step on your ladder. You don't want to wipe out your hard work. 

You might want to visit the Important TIPS on How To Survive and Win The Build-A-Bot Challenge at https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/253297/important-tips-on-how-to-survive-win-the-build-a-bot-challenge#latest
    This will give you more insights on how to be in the contention. I understand that there are advantages and disadvantages in playing this challenge. The advantage is, it is not just a one person winner competition. Everyone gets to face the challenge. How cool is that?

Let's give King a Credit for making this Challenging, otherwise, the game will be boring. Over a  week ago, my attitude was different because I thought it wasn't doable since I kept on falling off the ladder. Now, I understand why King is doing this. He is putting life to a game that has been the same for years.
  • Ahmed987
    Ahmed987 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Great tips, but i am stuck in level 4503.

• mercerik
    edited March 2019
    @Ahmed987

Thanks for commenting! 

I saw your posting. You seem to be giving-up. I don't think I'll do it if I were in that Level. You've made it to this point, why give up now? You are far ahead of me. I am only on Level 3980. My Bot is still at maximum efficiency. I think having a positive attitude in this Challenge help me stay where I am at this point. Even with difficulties with this Challenge, I don't think I'll quit this game. I am still #1 in the Weekly Race among my Facebook Friends. I am hoping I could hang-on to that position till late Sunday afternoon to get more Boosters.

I already have an adorable interactive Robot in my collections but I still want to Build-A-Bot. 😃 Just kidding!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?