⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Resetting a board now loses a life

adymac1000
adymac1000 Posts: 2 Newbie
Since registering my progress through the kingdom save yesterday I cannot now reset the game board at the start of a level without losing a life. You used to be able to open a level, not make any moves, exit the level and not lose a life, that is now not possible, why is this? This also applies if you do the same on an older level you have already passed. Now wishing I hadn’t saved my progress. 

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    hi @adymac1000You are warmly welcomed in the community. your statement not clear to me, Show a screenshot of your level. I'm trying to help you. :)
  • adymac1000
    adymac1000 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hi, the problem is not on one particular level, it is on every level, when you first open the level you could exit the level before you make any moves without losing a life, now if you open a level and try to exit before making a move then it takes a life off you. This screenshot is what is shown when you exit the level without making a move. 
  • heehawrules
    heehawrules Posts: 60 Level 3
    This change was made several months ago. They rolled it out in waves do that they wouldn't have a riot! I haven't been able to that since at least January.

Newest change they are rolling out is you can only get boosters (build a bot, Morts, etc) by passing NEW levels! Don't worry, that change will get you soon.

They are making the game pay to play. As someone who has spent money in the past, you just need be aware.
  • tstrong
    tstrong Posts: 2 Newbie
    I’m on level 5756 and all of a sudden I am unable to quit before making any moves without losing a life. Might be a good time to quit playing if this stays the same. 
  • Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    Hi, the problem is not on one particular level, it is on every level, when you first open the level you could exit the level before you make any moves without losing a life, now if you open a level and try to exit before making a move then it takes a life off you. This screenshot is what is shown when you exit the level without making a move. 
    You enjoyed this feature because of an error in the game. But currently this error has been resolved so you will not be able to get this feature back in your game. 
    You will find more information here.
  • anna_kat
    anna_kat Posts: 3 Newbie
    Since registering my progress through the kingdom save yesterday I cannot now reset the game board at the start of a level without losing a life. You used to be able to open a level, not make any moves, exit the level and not lose a life, that is now not possible, why is this? This also applies if you do the same on an older level you have already passed. Now wishing I hadn’t saved my progress. 
    Well, all I can say is... YOU DON’T CHANGE THE RULES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME!!!!  I have been playing Candy Crush because it is fun and doable.  I have passed my original goal to make it to level 5000.  Currently in the 5400’s ... Was planning on continuing and topping out the game and then just maintaining at the top by completing new levels each week.  BUT, I NO LONGER PLAN TO DO THIS IF THINGS REMAIN THIS WAY!!!  I did try to play with the new rules, but here’s the thing.... THE GAME IS NO LONGER FUN AND IT IS NOT DOABLE IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME!!!!!    I WILL NOT WASTE MY PRECIOUS FREE TIME ON A GAME THAT IS NOT FUN AND WHICH I CANNOT MAKE ANY PROGRESS ON.   So ... Goodbye,  Candy Crush.  I will have to be satisfied that I was able to conquer 5000+ levels before the rules made it impossible.
  • tstrong
    tstrong Posts: 2 Newbie
    That’s exactly how I feel about it. It was Fun until they decided to change the rules. If you use your boosters and can’t get a favorable board then what’s the point? It’s just gonna take too long to finish hard levels.
  • cherbear6161
    cherbear6161 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Losing a life because of a reshuffle just sucks!  I guess I’ll have to try out the Best Fiends game and give this up!  Would have loved to go further in the game, but why play when it’s no fun!  See ya!
  • Ashaleene
    Ashaleene Posts: 4 Newbie
    I feel the same currently at level 5828 and the game is no longer fun all my lives are used up in minutes when on a hard level along with all my boosters, I didn’t use to mind the odd occasional spend on booster packs but I’m not paying to pass every level wheres the fun in that. There was nothing wrong with having the board reset without losing a life and this should be brought back in otherwise the candy world will see a lot of lost players
  • TurboTim66
    TurboTim66 Posts: 49 Level 2
    Yep. Ditto. Nearly 7 years, 5127 levels, paid money couple times a month. No more.
    Greed is not good, and this game is no longer fun. ONLY reason I played this over soda or others was being able to back out, shuffle, start again. Didnt always work or help, but now that is gone, so am I. WTF is wrong with you guys? When is enough money enough? Hope enough others quit like me and teach you greedy &$@$ a lesson. Worst move ever in my 25 years of online gaming, since ms flight sim in mid 90s. Boo! I'm out, you wont see any more of my money. Bye bye

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?