💡 Please only post ideas on how we can improve the game Candy Crush Saga!
🔎 Before posting, check our ideas guide HERE
🚨 Looking for help? Head over to our Support and FAQ:s

Build a Bot boosters available for previous levels

Comments

• JLJB
    JLJB Posts: 34 Level 2

Apparently games also devolve.

• cazmartini
    cazmartini Posts: 150 Level 3
    edited April 2019

@mercerik I would also like to see these videos. I am in the mid 4000 and play on mobile and desktop and have never seen what you are talking about.

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend

@JLJB @Carol_Martins

I understand your frustrations. Although there were times when my Booster Bot was at its Maximum Efficiency that carried me non-stop below and above level 3945, it came to an end as I reached level 4000. Now, I don't even care if Build-A-Bot is there or not because I can no longer keep up.

This is more like a Game Of Life. You don't give up when the going is tough. You fight back or work around it. If life locks you out, find a loophole and try to get in.

You can't really say that King's business is all about money because I never paid a penny since I started playing Candy Crush Saga, Candy Crush Soda Saga and Candy Crush Friends. I can assure you that there are many of us who never paid to play. I criticize King when I think something is not right and gives him credit when credit is due. Sometimes our decisions are clouded by all criticisms that we see and read but we never asks ourselves "is that really what we want?".

To avoid misconceptions, let me make it clear, I don't have any affiliations with King. I am self-employed. I am a YouTube Creator and a Video and Photo Editor. I like answering inquiries on subjects that I know and dispelling rumors that aren't true.

We all love Candy Crush Saga, otherwise we wouldn't be here voicing out our issues, looking for someone to solve them, instead of just throwing in the towel and move on or move somewhere else.

I have a request @Cezdiamond. Early this year when I joined this Community, I was able to share Candy Crush Saga videos to help people out here beat levels they are having difficulties completing. I noticed that I couldn't do this anymore. What changed and why?

• cazmartini
    cazmartini Posts: 150 Level 3
    edited April 2019

@ mercerik I think it is awesome that you have made it to the 4000 level without using money. I find playing games is a way to de stress from everyday problems. I don't mind spending money on something I enjoy. I am finding that this game is becoming a big frustration and therefore is causing stress. I believe in fairness and I don't believe for one minute that this game is fair to its players. Anyway I have had enough of King and their excuses and rubbish answers... everything is a "flaw" or causing issues when some of these boosters like build a bot or space race or whatever they used to call it have been around for years. I will find something that relaxes me when playing and forget Candy crush.

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend

@Carol_Martins

You can visit my YouTube Channel @ https://www.youtube.com/c/merlstrom to see all the levels I posted on Candy Crush Saga. To date, I have 1024 videos on Candy Crush Saga Game Level Videos on YouTube Playlist. If you are a Soda Saga player, I also have Playlist for that as well. Some of my Videos have Voice How To's.

• heehawrules
    heehawrules Posts: 60 Level 3

Well, this decision does not surprise me in the least.

King has a game that is in essence free. How do you monetize a game that is free to play,? Developers/marketing/facilities, and whatnot, are not cheap. You tweak changes here and there to see what is the breaking point for people- what will cause them to stop playing, and more importantly, stop paying money. You expect a certain percentage of die hards to complain about a change, just like grocery stores budget a certain amount on their profit and loss to account for the inevitable theft. So, you roll out a change, expect the complaints from a core of people, but what do they really look for?

Is the change affecting the bottom line? Are people not logging in anymore? Are the causal players still playing? Are people still trying to pass the hard levels? Are people uninstalling the game? If there is no appreciable change in playing behavior, then you keep the feature, don't give away as much freebies.

I don't know @mercerik and @Crimson_Dawn, but they are both represent the reason and cause for this change to stay and so you can thank them. They are on here saying "I don't like it, but adapt and keep playing", "I still passed 120 levels this week", "this change isn't going to stop me, it is a challenge to overcome", blah, blah, blah.

So, the marketing team sees some expected frustration, but they don't even have to have a paid spokesman come in and do damage control for them, they have players who will continue to play and encourage others to do so. That's one of the reasons they have not gone on here, they don't need to. They read the comments, see the reactions, and see people who are defending the decision and realize that this change won't negatively affect the bottom line in any tangible way.

King is not targeting the die hards. They will play regardless of the change, and will always have their strong opinions. They need to capture the time and money of the casual player.

My point is, the ONLY way King would have made the change back is if people were to have stopped logging in, stopped advancing in the game, or better yet, uninstalled it. But that didn't happen as people still played the game, still came to the forum King set up to see and screen reactions and encouraged others to keep pushing on anyway.

So, so bottom line damage, people will still play, a few die hards might drop out, but they aren't the cash cow anyway.

Not that I have an opinion...

• Khaos
    Khaos Posts: 523 Level 5

If the old design was a flaw, why did you keep it in the game for so long? I will admit I advanced very quickly and would not have made it to where I am at now. I understand wanting to slow players down; however, using the old design kept me playing for hours enjoying the game. Going to get the sugar drop game takes time and is monotonous. Playing one level repeatedly because you can't pick the best board to use boosters and going through 30 lives on it in a matter of minutes is also not fun. I am all for having to think about some levels, but if I wanted to really have to use my brain, I would be playing it instead. Coupling this with the knowledge that we all are playing different versions making it unfair is very frustrating especially when the weekly race pops up incessantly to remind us.

• lawgirl
    lawgirl Posts: 5 Level 2

Whether or not the build a bot for previous levels was in fact an “inadvertent flaw” or not is really irrelevant. King should consider the opinions of the majority of people on this forum and the literally hundreds commenting on the Facebook app to bring back the old bot. Doing so would sure be a show of GOODWILL to many faithful long-time players. Obviously, King admin doesn’t feel goodwill matters. Goodbye, Candy Crush, you’re not fun anymore.

• Alleri
    Alleri Posts: 23 Level 2

What about the build-a-bot booster progress disappearing weekly before the new levels come out? Does this happen to everyone or just the players who have completed all available levels?

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?