⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Computer Freeze - Windows 10 Version of Candy Crush Saga

Options
Peter_Tornaros
Peter_Tornaros Posts: 1,991 Level 5
I had just completed Level 4695 and the game "uttered" Candy Crush and my PC froze. The only way to escape was to restart my PC. This usually would only cause mild frustration as it usually happens mid game and there is no loss of boosters, only a life. However this time I had completed 5 or 6 games straight, so naturally had built up a cache of boosters. After restarting my PC and returning to the game, I find I am still on Level 4695 and have lost all my accumulated boosters !!!
This is an inherent problem in the Windows 10 version and raises its ugly head intermittently. The problem has now hung around for at least 6 months. In the past, I have sent screen shots, etc, and followed the advise given to no avail.
To say I am not impressed is an understatement. Normal business practice is if a product is faulty your money is refunded. !!!!!!

Comments

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    Options
    hello @Peter_Tornaros

Please check below 
    • Windows Update Troubleshooter can help resolve the problem. Make sure you have internet access, then download the Update Troubleshooter version that matches your version of Windows.
    • Run the troubleshooter. When it's done, it's best practice to restart your device. Then check for new updates. Go to Start  > Settings  > Update & Security  > Windows Update . Select Check for updates and install any available updates.
    • If the problems aren't all resolved, try running the troubleshooter again to check for additoional errors. Or you can get a guided walk-through to fix errors manually.
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    Options
    @Peter_Tornaros

Computer Freezing can be symptom of foreseeable things that can happen in the future. There are several ways to deal with this. If Candy Crush Saga is the only Application that is freezing the computer, then you start with that by uninstalling and reinstalling the App.

If this is not the only thing that causes your computer to freeze then you will have to do your research. Windows 10 has free Troubleshooter that is available for users. You could also go to Microsoft Website and check their Knowledge Base or join their Community and see who has the same problem. You could get the resolution there as well.

Computer Freezing is most commonly caused by corrupted or missing Dynamic-Link Library (DLL) files. Errors related to it usually occur when a program mishandles the file during use. The most common problem happens within the Windows registry, where applications look up the location of DLLs they need.

Another thing to look at is your Graphics Card. If it is too old, it might need replacement which is not hard to do and cheaper if you do it yourself.

I hope these give you information where to look. If you have any questions, let us know.

• Peter_Tornaros
    Options
    Candy Crush is the only App that is freezing and it only seems on newly released levels. I did everything outlined in the replies to me while waiting for new levels to be released. Played the Sugar Trail for 3 days, no problems.
    Playing second level of new releases (only on 3rd. game played) and again as "Sugar Crush" is uttered, my PC freezes and continues to buzz !!!
    Again lost boosters and have to play the level again. Not good enough !!!!
  • Peter_Tornaros
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I am sick and tired of complaining about this glitch. Game just froze again and I have lost all my accumulated boosters through build a bot, etc, etc
    I have tried everything that has been suggested with no luck.
    I am sick of losing boosters because of this.
  • tatatwet
    tatatwet Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

I just installed the game and when started it freezes after a few seconds (Windows does not freeze). I was able to login clicking and pasting user and password very quickly but I do not even have time to enter a level. I'm on level 300 something so not a new level. I even reinstalled but it's the same :(

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?