Diagonal Moves

SpacePhoenix
SpacePhoenix Posts: 57 Level 3
Is the limited time "diagonal moves" feature a trial of a feature that might become permanent?

Comments

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 31,555 Candy Moderator
    edited May 2019
    Hello @SpacePhoenix, Good Morning :)

May I know which game you are talking about?  Candy Crush OR Candy Friends?  Also what level?  I have not experienced this in Candy Crush yet.... unless you are in very latest levels!!  

Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot? 

Thank you!
  • SpacePhoenix
    Pummy Raj said:
    Hello @SpacePhoenix, Good Morning :)

May I know which game you are talking about?  Candy Crush OR Candy Friends?  Also what level?  I have not experienced this in Candy Crush yet.... unless you are in very latest levels!!  

Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot? 

Thank you!
    Candy Crush. On level 1766 atm
  • PummyRaj
    Thank you for your quick response @SpacePhoenix :+1:

Let me go back to that level and check it and see =)
  • SpacePhoenix
  • PummyRaj
    Hello @SpacePhoenix, hope you are having a good day :)

As I have mentioned above, I went back to the level and checked in my game!  Like I suspected it was a test feature and you are one of those lucky selected players who has received this feature =)=)  

Hopefully the feature will continue & lasts forever and also all the players will receive it :+1: 

Hope this clarified your Question!  Have a great day/evening :)
  • Rasputin
    Rasputin Posts: 11 Level 2
    edited May 2019
    I guess I'm part of the diagonal moves test group and here's my feedback:  please turn this **** off and let me play the game in peace, this is very annoying and particularly in that the moves per game have been cut back.  Scale of 10, my vote is negative one.
  • Achearr
    Achearr Posts: 11 Kingster
    Rasputin said:
    I guess I'm part of the diagonal moves test group and here's my feedback:  please turn this crap off and let me play the game in peace, this is very annoying and particularly in that the moves per game have been cut back.  Scale of 10, my vote is negative one.
    I'm sorry to hear that your experience of diagonal moves has been so negative. Is there anything specific that you do not like about diagonal moves, or is it just that the total amount of available moves has been slightly adjusted?
  • Bethallen444
    Bethallen444 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I’m also part of this test group and while the diagonal moves are ok.. the reduction in moves make it impossible to beat level 2558. How do I turn this off?
  • SpacePhoenix
    King just need to find the right balance reducing the number of moves with diagonal moves being available but not so much that it makes a level impossible
  • Rasputin
    Rasputin Posts: 11 Level 2
    My objections to the diagonal moves are twofold:  I'm on level 4787 so I'm an experienced player as I suspect the rest of the test group are.  The game I've played all this time did not have diagonal moves, this suddenly is not that game.  Diagonals make it significantly easier to make striped, wrapped etc. and take a fair amount of the challenge away.  They took away moves to compensate but it's still a different game and the missing moves make a sugar drop run take forever.  Plus they're changing the rules in the middle of the game, imagine if that could be done in chess or football for example.  As for "right balance", there is no right balance. 
         Secondly:  they took the space dash away from previously won levels for a blatantly obvious reason, more money spent on boosters.  Space dash made a sugar drop run faster and easier so without it players will have less boosters on hand and therefore may spend money on boosters, I don't though.  The reasoning behind diagonals I suspect is the same, harder to do sugar drop runs and harder to complete levels due to reduced moves therefore potentially more money spent on boosters.
    They're not trying to improve the game, they're trying to boost the bottom line.  We're just lab rats.
         There are other games and other diversions and I'll move on to one if they keep this up.  I'm not playing diagonal CC for long.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?