⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Space race popsicle planet winner didn’t receive my 6 hours of free boosters

rebelnat
rebelnat Posts: 2 Newbie
I came in first place in the space race and was told that I won 6 hours of free boosters but  i only had them for 1 level which lasted about 10 minutes, very disappointed. 😒

Answers

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,934 Candy Moderator
    @rebelnat - wow sorry to hear that. I haven’t had that happen to me but the game sometimes does random things. Did you get the free boosters (not on a timer) including the saucer? I’m not sure if the community managers can help or not in the case of timed boosters but @Cezdiamond has been able to help restore lost or missing boosters in the past. It wouldn’t hurt to ask. 
  • Sammyjo
    Sammyjo Posts: 231 Level 3
    Hi. When I won my first Space Race Popsicle Planet Race, I opened the game later on  the  day that I expected to win, to see exactly what I had won. As soon as I opened the game- I was told that  I was #1 and should open the chest for my prizes. I did just that. What I did not realize was that as soon as I opened the chest, the 6 hour time clock started.And, when I went to play later and use my time- it had already expired. I have won this race a few times, and I have learned not to open the game and the chest, on the day that I expected to win, until I could play for a longer period of time. This might have happened to you also. 
  • bearwithme
    @Sammyjo excellent point! I try to hold off opening the chest but sometimes when I open the game to get my daily booster or to play the quest - the only thing showing is the chest so I usually give in and open it. 
  • rebelnat
    rebelnat Posts: 2 Newbie
    Sammy Jo, Yes I realized that as well. I knew I won yesterday but didn’t have the time to play , so I waited until this evening to play, but only got a few minutes and after I won my first level, no more timer boosters , I pretty much got 6 minutes instead of 6 hours. 
  • Somegirl
    Somegirl Posts: 122 Level 3
    @bearwithme does the time start when the chest is open?
  • Sammyjo
    Sammyjo Posts: 231 Level 3
    I think that the time does start when the chest is opened. I had all my time ( 6hrs) expire the first time I won, because I checked to see what I won, but did not play until later in the day. Now, I do not even open the game for the day until I know that I will be playing for a longer period of time. I know that when you win other timed boosters, you can delay claiming those boosters until you are ready to use them. I don't think that this works the same way.
  • bearwithme
    @Somegirl yes as soon as you tap that chest the timer starts. However, like Sammyjo says, others you can ignore. You can ignore the free 1 hr. Cb you get from Rami/Didi, but don’t wait too long or you won’t be able to finish in time to get the final boosters. 
  • Somegirl
    Somegirl Posts: 122 Level 3
    I thought it opened as soon as the competition ended. I’m glad I know that now! Very cool. @bearwithme
  • Cezdiamond
    Cezdiamond Posts: 6,498 Community Manager
    Hi everyone- Yes the timer starts from when the chest is opened. I think it is good feedback, that you may wish to pause the timer and start it when you have more time to play. 

Perhaps someone would like to add this to our ideas

Thanks! 
  • RpM63
    RpM63 Posts: 43 Level 2
    I'm playing on the Win10 version. What I would like to know is when does 'opening' the chest actually expire? I've tried waiting until Wednesday (when the new episodes are released) hoping to see the 'You made It!' screen and click on the chest but it's gone by then. It's Tuesday, 7:50pm EST right now, and I still have the screen but don't want to click on the chest and start the clock running.  It's also a bummer because you have to click on it if you want to get your daily boosters and wheel spin. It doesn't seem fair to force you to do that. It would be a nice option if you could save it for when you have the time to play and get the most out of your reward. Being able to actually pause the timer would certainly be the best option.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?