Sugar Drops in Candy Crush Saga - Information and feedback

Comments

• mamacathy
    mamacathy Posts: 95 Level 3
    I can't even imagine, I've been getting some sugar drops, buts it not a sure thing, also, the daily spin doesn't seem to work every day, thought thinks would be back to normal by now. Feel so sorry for candy crush gamers because KING is taking our fun away, just to make $$$ :/
  • beechgal
    beechgal Posts: 18 Level 2
    mamacathy said:
    I can't even imagine, I've been getting some sugar drops, buts it not a sure thing, also, the daily spin doesn't seem to work every day, thought thinks would be back to normal by now. Feel so sorry for candy crush gamers because KING is taking our fun away, just to make $$$ :/
    Well the irony is that they will be making LESS money...at least with me. I have not spent a dime since they took away sugar drops/boosters. I used to buy the specials that came along. Now nothing, Nada. No money from me and when I use up the remaining few boosters I am done with the game. It is a totally different game depending only on luck now. I liked using strategy with boosters. 
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,796 Candy Moderator
    @ernstbln and @mamacathy - I think I can explain the empty box with rays and no prize.  At least in my case when I get that it is because I am playing on more than one platform (for example a phone and a tablet).  If I have played on one device and gathered some sugar drops and then play on the other device and it is not synced with the first one, then it collects sugar drops tht technically have already been collected so when it is time to get the prize - it finally realizes you already collected the prize on the other device so you get the empty box with rays.  I find when I get that - in order to continue playing I have to turn the device off and then back on again.  I hope this makes sense.

As far as sugar drops going away - I am in total agreement with the rest of you - do NOT take them away!  I can't imagine something better where I can collect as many free boosters and gold bars twice a day!  Anyway - please vote to keep the sugar drops.  I want to make sure King knows how much we want this feature to stay.
     https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/256631/keep-sugar-drops#latest
  • kooskoekjesmonster
    kooskoekjesmonster Posts: 17 Level 2
    How much time does the Game Studio need, to get our Sugar Drops back? I'm waiting for more than three weeks and still no change in the situation!
    At the moment I only play the 30 new levels that come weekly and some games to gain boosters, but furtheron hardly any games of CC by me.
    I urgently need new lollipop hammers and free switches!
  • mamacathy
    Thank you,bearwithme, for your advice, that sounds about right, it just never happened to me before and started when our bonus rewards were getting messed with. Voted to keep sugar drops 😇
  • Bianco_Kong
    Bianco_Kong Posts: 96 Level 3
    Good question @kooskoekjesmonster
    I really want to know!
    Since l didn't have sugar drops, l have no confidence to pass.
  • Jelly_Jenny
    Jelly_Jenny Posts: 1,889 Community Manager
    Hi @kooskoekjesmonster

We have a post regarding Sugar Drops that you might find useful here. I'm merging your post to that one so you can stay up to date on this. 

When I have more updates, I'll be sure to let you guys know. 
  • kooskoekjesmonster
    Hi @kooskoekjesmonster

We have a post regarding Sugar Drops that you might find useful here. I'm merging your post to that one so you can stay up to date on this. 

When I have more updates, I'll be sure to let you guys know. 

beechgal said:
    Hi everyone, 

Community Moderator here :waving:

Some of you may have noticed that your Sugar Drops are not appearing in your game map. Additional features like Sugar Drops can be tweaked and changed but before doing that, the Game Studio needs to run a trial with a selected group of players.

Unfortunately we cannot impact on who is in this trial but regardless the Game Studio does try to ensure that all players have a great gaming experience. 

I will be updating this thread for any further update as I keep receiving them. 

During these trial periods player feedback is always valuable, so don't hesitate to leave them in the comment section of this thread.

UPDATE May 8th

Every now and then, our Developers revisit old in-game features in order to improve them further and at times they even consider removing them to make space for others, potentially, even more exciting features.

Sugar Drops was introduced 4 years ago, making it one of the oldest still running features in the game. Back then, the game didn’t have many features and in general it looked very different. Currently we have a vast variety of exciting events where players can collect candies and earn delicious rewards.

The aim for the Game Studio is always to create new and fun features for our players.  With this aim in mind, they are currently testing to remove Sugar Drops so they can see whether this feature is still relevant in this new context. Or is it time for this feature make way to a new classic.

We understand you’re apprehensive about this change but just be confident that our Game Studios are always thinking ways to delight our players. 

I am very sorry to read, that you are considering removing the sugar drops. With viewing commercial videos, you hardly can win the boosters lolli pop hammer and free switch. And buying them (that seems to be your goal) is NOT my intention and will not happen EVER by me.
    Where are you guys watching videos to get boosters? Sounds like another feature that I don't have. 

• kooskoekjesmonster
    Thxs Jelly Jenny,
    I have seen this reply of 8th May, but this answer gives me much worries. It implies, that it is possible, that the sugar drops do not come back. And untill now, I have not seen any features, with which you can earn the free switches or lolli pop hammers. 

But I hear from friends, that also play CC, that there are many differences in the versions of CC. Also that there are changes in levels like less moves, more points to score or more difficult start situations. That is not fair to newer players, that they must overcome bigger problems, than the players, that are on a higher number/level.

Sorry for my critical reaction, but I hope that you keep the game interesting, a.o. by returning the sugar drops!

Ciao JJ
  • mamacathy
    "RELAX and play" don't think so CC. Your players/customers are not receiving a great gaming experience, and I regret to tell you, your exciting new features that I have seen, are weak. Players have to wait a long time between features which disappear very quickly. Hopefully, CC will see the players side to this problem and really hear what we are saying. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?