Sugar Drops in Candy Crush Saga - Information and feedback

Comments

• Sparkle-2
    Sparkle-2 Posts: 13 Level 2
    Flagged this yesterday - my sugar drops vanished more than a week ago!
    Not sweet at all! :(
  • Bianco_Kong
    Bianco_Kong Posts: 96 Level 3
    Deryck said:
    ... During these trial periods player feedback is always valuable, so don't hesitate to leave them in the comment section of this thread. ...

... Currently we have a vast variety of exciting events where players can collect candies and earn delicious rewards. ...

...We understand you’re apprehensive about this change but just be confident that our Game Studios are always thinking ways to delight our players. ...

ORLY. I call bull****.

So King welcomes feedback huh. Well, let me give them a piece of my mind.

Do the developers have any common sense? Wait, never mind. Of course they do. They're just blinded by $$$$$.

Here is where the game stands: with the removal of the Daily Quests (I don't have them anymore anyway), sugar drops are one of the only ways to get boosters. The Spin Wheel and Treat Calendar are the others, but more often than not, they give useless boosters so I don't count them in the category of "delicious rewards."

Space Race? Let's face it: if I don't think I stand a chance getting the #1 spot, I don't bother playing it. Build-a-bot? Since King removed the ability to build the bot by replaying old levels, I REFUSE to play to advance. The only time I will is if one time during a month I feel motivated to move ahead (and I say one time because the mood to play to advance usually just comes once).

If sugar drops are removed, then I will have absolutely no reason to play. The only way I will tolerate its removal is if another 13 boosters-reward feature replaces it.

Very Well @Deryck
    You are right, your idea is very reasonable, just like me.
  • mamacathy
    mamacathy Posts: 95 Level 3
    Deryck, well said, my last message to you was not approved by King, so it never went through. Good luck!
  • FedUp80
    FedUp80 Posts: 1 Newbie
    UPDATE May 8th

Every now and then, our Developers revisit old in-game features in order to improve them further and at times they even consider removing them to make space for others, potentially, even more exciting features.

Sugar Drops was introduced 4 years ago, making it one of the oldest still running features in the game. Back then, the game didn’t have many features and in general it looked very different. Currently we have a vast variety of exciting events where players can collect candies and earn delicious rewards.

The aim for the Game Studio is always to create new and fun features for our players.  With this aim in mind, they are currently testing to remove Sugar Drops so they can see whether this feature is still relevant in this new context. Or is it time for this feature make way to a new classic.

We understand you’re apprehensive about this change but just be confident that our Game Studios are always thinking ways to delight our players. 

So what are these other "vast variety of exciting events"? Just be honest about it, you are hoping by removing the Sugar Drops more people will spend money on buying boosters. I for one am getting bored with the game now..... "our Game Studios are always thinking ways to delight our players" hahahahahaha
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,118 Level 5
    mamacathy said:
    Deryck, well said, my last message to you was not approved by King, so it never went through. Good luck!
    Thanks @mamacathy. Apparently, those old messages were approved today. Now I have several duplicate posts elsewhere lol
  • kooskoekjesmonster
    kooskoekjesmonster Posts: 17 Level 2
    Hi everyone, 

Community Moderator here :waving:

Some of you may have noticed that your Sugar Drops are not appearing in your game map. Additional features like Sugar Drops can be tweaked and changed but before doing that, the Game Studio needs to run a trial with a selected group of players.

Unfortunately we cannot impact on who is in this trial but regardless the Game Studio does try to ensure that all players have a great gaming experience. 

I will be updating this thread for any further update as I keep receiving them. 

During these trial periods player feedback is always valuable, so don't hesitate to leave them in the comment section of this thread.

UPDATE May 8th

Every now and then, our Developers revisit old in-game features in order to improve them further and at times they even consider removing them to make space for others, potentially, even more exciting features.

Sugar Drops was introduced 4 years ago, making it one of the oldest still running features in the game. Back then, the game didn’t have many features and in general it looked very different. Currently we have a vast variety of exciting events where players can collect candies and earn delicious rewards.

The aim for the Game Studio is always to create new and fun features for our players.  With this aim in mind, they are currently testing to remove Sugar Drops so they can see whether this feature is still relevant in this new context. Or is it time for this feature make way to a new classic.

We understand you’re apprehensive about this change but just be confident that our Game Studios are always thinking ways to delight our players. 

And another week passed, without any change in your trial of CC without Sugar Drops. How much time do they need in the Game Studio to see, that no one is happy with the disappearance of Sugar Drops. Often I read, that it's the reason to stop playing CC. That cannot be the goal!
    Pls, let the Sugar Drops return ASAP!
  • Bianco_Kong
    Bianco_Kong Posts: 96 Level 3
    Hi@JellyJenny 
    Today I received a reply from King player support - Joe000. They may roll it out to everybody if they feel they can sell more Boosters without loosing users. So we must be united, otherwise the sugar drops will disappear forever.

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,796 Candy Moderator
    Hi everyone!  I definitely agree about not losing sugar drops and feel very sorry for the people who were currently chosen to test playing without sugar drops and no longer have them!  In fact we have several threads on this topic and the community moderator (Jelly Jenny) has said she will pass all the comments on to King.  I play for drops twice a day almost every day.  Its how I build up my booster stash so I can conquer the new levels which seem to be getting harder and harder all the time.  And with the new build a bot - there is even more incentive to complete a level on your first try!  I'm not adverse to spending money now and then (for extra moves) - I know there are quite a few people who refuse and that is great - but King shouldn't want to lose the loyal people who do spend money on the game and if the ability to gather as many boosters as the sugar drops allow goes away - then they may lose more loyal people (I know there were quite a few who quit playing when the build a bot was changed - which is why I think they are testing a version that lets some people play with the bots on old levels once they have completed the new ones).
    Anyway - please also vote to keep the sugar drops using the link below.  Thank you!
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/256631/keep-sugar-drops#latest
  • Jelly_Jenny
    Jelly_Jenny Posts: 1,889 Community Manager
    @Bianco_Kong To be clear only the parts after "here is the response I got from Customer Service:" seem to be from our Player Support Team.

Parts before that sentence seems to be from "Joe000". I've tried to make it clear here too that we cannot add features to players' game, but will always pass feedback onto our Developers.  
  • quiltedpink
    quiltedpink Posts: 10 Level 2
    Hi @JellyJenny,

I seem to be one of those players in the test group missing sugar drops about 3- 4 weeks now. I suppose the developer's are trying to see if I will purchase more now that my best way to level up has been removed. I can say that I do not play as often as I used to. I am willing to buy power-ups occasionally at $1.99 but the rates have jumped to $3.99 seems a bit too high for 30 bars or the boosters on the scroll rewards. Just my humble opinion.  I miss my sugar drops. 
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?