Eliminating Reset

Comments

• nursiepooh
    nursiepooh Posts: 361 Level 3
    Goodbye CC
    I spent some money, more time than I care to admit
    The game has become tedious and boring
    Why would I pay for a club when I cannot win any levels, cannot reset.
    Not a surprise your Founder and CEO stepped down

• Cjay1997
    Cjay1997 Posts: 85 Level 3
    So the ability to reset due to not making even a single move is disabled? If so, then the fallen players will be on the rise.
  • magicmik
    magicmik Posts: 2 Newbie
    Yep, same here, it’s not like I didn’t spend enough money already, game over until it changes back, that’s just greedy 😡
  • SagaR
    SagaR Posts: 187 Level 3
    Hi all! 

Yes, just like Elsa mentioned, a while ago there was a change to resetting of the board that you cannot reset it without losing a life. You now have the same feature as well with just a little variation to it. 
    Oh come on. I do understand that as a Community Moderator you have to sing from the company hymn sheet, but please do not insult our intelligence by pretending that this is "just a little variation" to the already existing feature (reset board, lose a life). It is not.

The removal of the possibility to reset the board is one of the most fundamental negative changes ever made to the game and this has to be acknowledged. It massively affects game play especially on the higher and more difficult levels. Being able to reset the board is a necessity to be able to have a manageable board.

The fact that resetting the board already was not possible without losing a life has nothing to do with this; many of the players on the high levels have plenty of lives to spare. Or they are playing with an active booster pack which has infinite lives, so losing a life is of no consequence.

This new "variation" is nothing more than a cynical ploy to make players spend more money on switch hands.

Especially because, hey, it is still possible to reset the board on already played levels! Wonder why that is? Because players do not really care if they clear a level they have already successfully cleared. They are not going to buy boosters anyway, so might as well give them a nice board.

• bkarora
    bkarora Posts: 15 Level 2
    Finally decided to leave the game as without the reset, there is no fun left in the game. You just play five games and go nowhere. Not able to clear even one level playing three to four times a day. If King thinks people will spend more money on buying boosters and use more of these, he is mistaken. We play it for fun. You get involved and elated if we clear few levels in a day. If we are stuck at one level for days, better to say good bye and spend time on something else. Let it be conveyed to King. I am sure there will be many others who will not like to play the game if there is feeling of boredom in playing the game.
  • Beauty1
    Beauty1 Posts: 39 Level 2
    edited May 2019
    I am on level 3762. I’ve never posted any comments until today because of my extreme frustration with your recent changes in programming which eliminates my ability to reset a board for optimal booster placement.  The ability to reset is our only way to effectively use boosters.  What use are they unless I’m able to mange them as I CHOOSE?  King needs to rethink this strategy!  You will lose players for certain.  I will not pay to play! I unfollowed you on FB! And I will also delete all game apps if this matter is not resolved.  *edited by CM: inciting complaints, campaign or lobby
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,941 Candy Moderator
    First of all - I want to welcome some of the newest members of the community ( @Beauty1, @bkarora, @magicmik, @Tchkjh , and @beachlover1).  One of the nice things about the community is it allows you to enter discussions and express your opinions and give feedback thru the Superstars and Community Moderators and Managers to King.  Sometimes those opinions and feedback do cause King to make changes so please don't give up all hope.

I understand everyone's frustration with the recent changes to Candy Crush Saga and agree that they are changes a lot of the loyal players do not want to see happen.  CCS was the second game King released (after Bubble Witch Saga).  There are a lot of things that we can do in CCS that you can't do in some of the other games (like reset the board) or have multiple opportunities to get free boosters.  I think that is one of the reasons why it has remained so popular and has had such a strong following.  You don't have to be a puzzle expert or math genius to get ahead in the game.  I know I wouldn't be where I am in the game without the help of all the boosters I can accumulate and I am willing to spend the time every day to do it (which should tell King something about the dedication and loyalty of its players).  Unfortunately it looks to me like King is trying to gradually transform CCS and make it similar to some of their other games and that is a shame because I think they will lose a lot of their loyal players.  There is a reason why people are playing CCS.  If you don't mind the restrictions (not being able to reset your board etc.) - then you can play Candy Crush Soda or one of their other games.  However, for those players who have been playing for several years - we have become accustomed to the extra perks allowed by CCS and if you take those away - then you are taking away the motivation to keep playing the game.
  • Beauty1
    Beauty1 Posts: 39 Level 2
    Thank you for your comments. It’s only a game afterall.  It’s up to the individual to play or not.
  • yanmei
    yanmei Posts: 5 Level 2
    I’ve been playing CCS for years and I’m now on level 4795. This recent (frustrating) change will definitely be the game changer for loyalists like us. Will stop playing the game as it will obviously not make sense anymore.
  • Mary_Ann-5
    Mary_Ann-5 Posts: 10 Level 2
    @bearwithme   Well said!! 👍🏻👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?