⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Why am I playing against complete strangers in the Champions race and not against my friends

Answers

• donna9331
    donna9331 Posts: 7 Level 2
    AJN said:
    Hello,

I have been playing Candy Crush for a long time. I enjoyed competing with my FB  friends challenging each other on the leader board.  However, a few days ago my friends disappeared from Candy Crush and I'm now playing against people I don't know competing in the Champions race. 

Where has the leader board gone with my friends names? 

If I can't get the original format back I'm going to have to give Candy Crush up. 

Can someone please help me?

Thank you.  
    AJN...I TOTALLY AGREE....without playing against MY teammates, I want to just wait a week until the game returns to "normal" and I can play against my teamies again.  (Supposedly that is what will happen...or so I have read.)  I do NOT like this change at all.  It's no fun playing against thousands of people you don't know.

• AJN
    AJN Posts: 15 Level 2
    Hi Donna,

Yes, and these people we play with have very obscure, random names.  Almost like they are made up.  It's bad enough I'm having to team up with 'Ken' in the Dynamic Duo.  Who on earth is Ken!? Lol 
  • donna9331
    AJN said:
    Hi Donna,

Yes, and these people we play with have very obscure, random names.  Almost like they are made up.  It's bad enough I'm having to team up with 'Ken' in the Dynamic Duo.  Who on earth is Ken!? Lol 

• donna9331
    donna9331 said:
    AJN said:
    Hi Donna,

Yes...and it's flipping TUESDAY and some of these folks already have 90 levels under their belts!  Either they are just starting out, or they are cheating, or they are some kind of genius.  We have our TEAMS because we LIKE them.  I have a fella on my team than IS a CCrush genius and he can do 50 levels a week, NOT 90 IN TWO DAYS!  I have to wonder how many levels they will have done in a daggone week.  GIVE ME MY TEAM BACK.  I have NO desire to play against these um......"people" ?????   ^5  AJN  :)

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    donna9331 said:
    AJN said:
    Hi Donna,

Ken is Barbie's boyfriend!  Did you forget that?  LOL!
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    I am going to tag @Jelly Jenny to see if she can get us more information on this.
  • Jelly_Jenny
    Jelly_Jenny Posts: 1,889 Community Manager
    Information about Dynamic Duo challenge? Dynamic Duo has always been matching players regardless if they are your friends or not. However if you are playing on mobile, you maybe be able to opt out from the challenge. You can do this by:

- Open the game
    - Tap on the cog wheel at the left bottom corner
    - Tap on the green cog wheel  
    - Select features
    - Turn of "Dynamic Duo"

The champions race is the "final round" of weekly race and that matches top performers together. So depending on how you performed on the weekly race, you may see players you don't know. The normal weekly race will return after so don't worry, you will be back with your team again soon :) 
  • AJN
    AJN Posts: 15 Level 2
    Donna people who get to those levels by Tuesday either don’t work or need to get out more!   =)
  • chillgirl
    chillgirl Posts: 2 Newbie
    I won the weekly race with my friends about 6 weeks ago, so went to the champions race. After a week of playing against cartoon characters, I didn’t get in the top three, but I haven’t seen my real friends since, only people and characters I don’t know. I get no lives from my friends and can’t send any. I’ve contacted King 3 previous times, but only stock answers and no help. I’m so frustrated!! Every Sunday I think I’ll see my friends again, but no. I need some help to stay playing this game—- I want my real friends back !!

• csmall56
    csmall56 Posts: 1 Newbie

What is going on with my candy crush game I'm playing with cartoon characters not face book friend why I'm at level 5432 not trying to go back help me

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?