⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Crashing

Barb_Howard
Barb_Howard Posts: 120 Level 3
what is going on with Candy Crush the last 3 days?. Every time I try and play I get maybe half way through and screen goes black. I have checked the App Store for any updates. I have lost so many boosters and lives I'm ready to give up. THEN THE WORST PART IS THAT I WAS 1 ST IN THE CHALLENGE AND IT SAID OPEN YOUR GIFT. I NEVER GOT THAT EITHER BECAUSE IT CRASHED YET AGAIN. Soooo frustrating!!!!!!! 

Answers

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,934 Candy Moderator
    @Barb_Howard - are you playing on a PC or mobile platform?  Are you playing thru King or FB?  Have you cleared your cache?  It sounds like you have the newest version.

• Barb_Howard
    I am playing on an iPad through FB and have cleared my cache.
  • Barb_Howard
    I am playing on an iPad through FB and have cleared my cache!!!
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,934 Candy Moderator
    Good Morning @Barb_Howard.  I also play on my iPad and thru FB.  After it crashes do you turn your iPad  off and on (do either a soft or hard reboot) and does that help clear it up (at least temporarily)? Does it crash now every time you start a level?  If it is a problem with the iPad it is usually because it overheats or too low on batteries but I have never heard of the actually game causing an iPad to crash.  The last thing you can do is reload the game but of course you will lose your lives and boosters that you have saved.  However - before you do that drastic step - since you are signed in thru FB, why don't you log out of FB, do a reboot of your iPad and then log back into FB again and see if that helps.  If that doesn't - then you may just have to reload the app.  I don't think the game itself has a glitch or else we would see other people reporting it.  I am tagging Superstar @Elsa to see if she has heard of anyone else experiencing your problem.
  • Barb_Howard
    Loosing all my boosters is not an option. I am on level 3815 (I think) and want to know what boosters I should have received being #1 last week? As I said before the game crashed and I didn't receive my gifts for being #1. I'm sorry but it's just so frustrating!!

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,679 Sweet Legend
    Thanks for tagging me @bearwithme@Barb_Howard I haven't seen any complaints here regarding the game crashing on mobile devices.  Perhaps it's something new starting.  They are going to ask you to do some troubleshooting so clear the history on your iPad and make sure that you have the most recent version of the game.  Then click on this link to complete the troubleshooting.  Please let me know if the troubleshooting works for you.  I will keep my eyes open here for the next few days to see if anyone else reports this.

• Barb_Howard
    This game is becoming so frustrating I am not sure I can play anymore!!. I just about threw my iPad across the room. I have been stuck on level 3851 which is a ridiculous level. When I looked at the video and help it basically said good luck!! I finally got the 325000.00 and the game crashed yet again!!!! I have done all of the trouble shooting I was asked to do. I seriously think my blood pressure went sky high. Please fix this game!!
  • Barb_Howard
    Could someone please reply?
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,679 Sweet Legend
    Hi @Barb_Howard, I still haven't seen complaints about the game crashing on mobile devices.  I have seen issues with it not working on king.com.  I don't know if you will be happy with what I have to tell you but if you uninstall and reinstall your game it might start working again.  The only problem is that you would lose all lives and boosters since they are only saved to your device.  You have to make that decision.  If no one else is reporting this then it might be just your game on your iPad.  A lot of players who have had various issues found it worth uninstalling and reinstalling it so that they can play again.
  • terezicka
    terezicka Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited July 2019
    I was playing on my android. I had no moves left and the option "view this add to roll for extra moves." I clicked play and the game... kinda crashed? This is what the game looked like when i won few extra moves. Any ideas?
    The game was still active, i could move the pieces.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?