⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

My game is not recongizing my connection to the internet

Debio
Debio Posts: 1 Newbie
edited June 2019 in Support
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING, THIS ISSUE WAS RESOLVED BY REINSTALLING JAVA AND THEN MAKING SURE THE GAME WAS SIGNED INTO FACEBOOK.   i SIGNED INTO FACEBOOK AND THEN WENT TO THE GAME TO MAKE SURE IT LOGGED INTO FACEBOOK AS WELL.

I have done all the troubleshooting as seen in the help topics.  I am on a pc, I have an ethernet chip/card in the usb port, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and updated my browser, I have tried to connect using facebook and also tried to go to help from the game itself, nothing is working.  I am at level 428 (Still newish) and don't want to lose progress.  Since I'm on laptop doing this, and I don't have networking, I'm not sure how you'd like screen shots, but I have 3 striped and wrapped, 1 coconut wheel, 4 fish, 5 lucky candies at the moment and there's some rewards waiting in the place where it counts candies, weighs them and gives a reward, it's at 190 candies right now, and supposedly I am leading in a space race.  However none of this matters if I am unable to use these.   Can  you please help me out here, I'm in candy withdrawals, lol.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe it has me in the wrong name in my browser, I will try to see if it registered under the wrong name or something in my Chrome browser.  Let me know if you think of other things to try please.  Thanks

Answers

• wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 3 Newbie
    Mine isn't recognizing my internet connection.  I'm playing by app via Windows 10.  I checked my phone app and wasn't able to connect there, either (Android).  My settings are correct in Facebook, but can't load the game at all on there.  I'm in the 4700's, with a lot of boosters so not really willing to uninstall my game.  This seems like a King issue, not a user issue.
  • burrkim
    burrkim Posts: 6 Level 2
    I've been playing CANDY CRUSH SAGA forever and a day. I've always had internet. For whatever reason the last three weeks the game has been saying "connect to collect rewards and keep collecting". I don't have a clue what this means. There is nothing wrong with the internet. PLEASE HELP ME.                              Desperately awaiting my rewards and boosters!!!!!!!
  • wiltl
    Debio said:
    THANK YOU FOR LOOKING, THIS ISSUE WAS RESOLVED BY REINSTALLING JAVA AND THEN MAKING SURE THE GAME WAS SIGNED INTO FACEBOOK.   i SIGNED INTO FACEBOOK AND THEN WENT TO THE GAME TO MAKE SURE IT LOGGED INTO FACEBOOK AS WELL.

I have done all the troubleshooting as seen in the help topics.  I am on a pc, I have an ethernet chip/card in the usb port, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and updated my browser, I have tried to connect using facebook and also tried to go to help from the game itself, nothing is working.  I am at level 428 (Still newish) and don't want to lose progress.  Since I'm on laptop doing this, and I don't have networking, I'm not sure how you'd like screen shots, but I have 3 striped and wrapped, 1 coconut wheel, 4 fish, 5 lucky candies at the moment and there's some rewards waiting in the place where it counts candies, weighs them and gives a reward, it's at 190 candies right now, and supposedly I am leading in a space race.  However none of this matters if I am unable to use these.   Can  you please help me out here, I'm in candy withdrawals, lol.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe it has me in the wrong name in my browser, I will try to see if it registered under the wrong name or something in my Chrome browser.  Let me know if you think of other things to try please.  Thanks

Updating JAVA worked. Thank you!
  • burrkim
    burrkim Posts: 6 Level 2
    Sorry,what is JAVA! and is it something you can have on an Android phone.  I really want to resolve my problem. Can someone PLEASE HELP ME 😭 .

• wiltl
    JAVA is a programming language and platform used by programmers.  We had to update it on our computers - not phones, then connect our games to facebook on our computers.  Once I was able to connect there, I was then able to connect again on my phone and see my current stats.  So, I'd go to a laptop or desktop and then start here: https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/whatis_java.xml
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited June 2019
    Debio said:

@Debio

How are you connected to the Internet? Is your modem connected directly at the back of your computer via Ethernet Cable? Or is your Modem connected by an Ethernet Cable to a Router that is connected at the back of the Computer by a second Ethernet Cable which provides Wireless Connections or WiFi to the other devices at your home?

I want you to test your Internet. Have you heard of the Speed Test? Do you know the Speed in Megabytes you are paying your Internet Provider monthly for Internet Access? You will have to write that down so you know if you are getting the Speed that you are supposed to be getting in your house. The reason I ask is so you can compare  what you are supposed to be getting versus the result of the test. Here is the link to the Speedtest by Ookla: https://www.speedtest.net . It has a the word GO inside a circle in the middle. All you need to do is click on it and write down the Ping (MS), Download (MBPS)  and Upload (MBPS) Results. Please let me know the results. Below is the ScreenShot of how it looks like.

Java is a programming language which you don't need to worry about unless you are a programmer. It is pre-installed in your computer when you bought it and if it is set to automatically update, you don't need to worry about it. Besides, it doesn't have any bearing here. You have to be careful when downloading this software. You have to make sure that you are at the legitimate Java website. After the installation, the Java website normally checks if your application is correctly downloaded and installed. 

You said that your Chrome Browser is updated. Can you please let me know what your version is?

Thanks!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?