💡 Please only post ideas on how we can improve the game Candy Crush Saga!
🔎 Before posting, check our ideas guide HERE
🚨 Looking for help? Head over to our Support and FAQ:s

Keep Sugar Drops

Comments

• adylanfan
    adylanfan Posts: 30 Level 2
    Yes, “bear with me”, all boosters gained on sugar drop levels are timed. However this does not effect everyone. My partner, who was not one of the selected group to have their sugar drop levels removed, is still able to gain boosters. It appears that the players who had there sugar drop levels removed are being “penalised” again. Is this fare?

• Joe000
    Joe000 Posts: 43 Level 2
    @bearwithme
    I finished Sugar Drops twice today. Both times most levels awarded timed boosters. However, I did get a few lollipop hammers in the bunch. I also tried to cut my WiFi before collecting my rewards to see if I could build them up. King no longer requires you to connect to WiFi to collect your rewards. 

As a player waiting for new lands and levels, I have no use for timed boosters. So, the new Sugar Drops program is just the same as no Drops at all. I will still go back daily for a spin, power ups, calendar gift, etc. Please bring back the original Sugar Drops. 
    Joe
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5

@bearwithme et al. I can only assume you guys are collecting sugar drops on a non-king.com platform. Now bear in mind the saying "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." The reason King employees/forum shills are pressuring players to switch from king.com to the new HTML5 platform is because it is in their interests. Don't fall for it!

I've mentioned before I only collect sugar drops on king.com because the drops are added quicker than through the other platforms, it has the old versions of levels (meaning NO reduced moves from the new platform), and now, an even better reason, none of this timed booster nonsense exists via king.com! King won't bother putting resources into tweaking the old version of the game. They will continue to experiment on you like guinea pigs and lab rats if you play solely on the new platform; don't give them what they want. So collect your sugar drops on the old platform at king.com (and indicate if your sugar drops still give you timed boosters via king.com if your experience remains the same)

• Lindsey_Ash
    Lindsey_Ash Posts: 68 Level 3
    not happy again, now when I collect sugar drops the boosters all seem to be timed and by the time I collect them the time has expired. King, please take the timers off. Often when I play I will collect sugar drops then stop playing and come back a few hours later so that is not going to work for me it's like not having boosters at all. Is anyone else experiencing this? 
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,941 Candy Moderator
    @Lindsey_Ash - I have started a new discussion specifically to discuss this change.  It's called Timed Sugar Drops and I welcome your comments there.  I hope that we can get a lot of discussion and feedback there (just like restoring sugar drops for those who lost them) that will encourage King to end the 'test' and restore the regular sugar drops back!

@Deryck - thank you for the information.  I am a bit gun shy to play via king.com.  I played for awhile on king.com and ran into a problem where I ended up having to de-install the game and lost all my boosters (I had a lot!) and lives.
  • mamacathy
    mamacathy Posts: 95 Level 3
    bearwithme, I'm in as soon as my sugar drop reward turns up. My internet connection problem was bc I wasn't logging in through fb. I wish u luck.
  • Lindsey_Ash
    Lindsey_Ash Posts: 68 Level 3
    I made a reply on timed sugar drops. I am very unhappy that I lost my sugar drops for 6 weeks and now this. King is really not making my game experience very pleasant. Why can't they leave it alone and let people have a good experience playing. I don't get why they are doing this.
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    @bearwithme I recall you've been playing for a long time, longer than me. It sounds like there was a different system implemented in the past because in the 2 years I've been playing there, I never had to install anything via king.com. I can see why you'd be hesitant to play there then; sorry about the loss!

I'll let you in on a secret though: most of my boosters number in the thousands. Only my hammers and hands number in the hundreds. Point being, I've never lost any boosters. And now with all this syncing, it doesn't seem like losing boosters would be an issue anymore. ;)
  • mamacathy
    mamacathy Posts: 95 Level 3
    Been "playing" off and on today, no sugar drops in sight, and I'm on a candy level. This really stinks!
  • Sharon_Loose
    Sharon_Loose Posts: 1,900 Level 5
    adylanfan said:
    Reinstalled sugar drops in their original form lasted only 4 days on my devices before King tweeted them again. King obviously doesn’t want us to stockpile our boosters anymore!

Yes same here so excited when I got drops back, few days as a taster and then they changed to timed boosters, so in other words there is no point in collecting them except when you are about to play new levels. I am almost out of boosters now. The fun in playing the game is dwindling as it used to be that you could try to beat the game without using boosters but if you were close to winning and running out of moves you could call on your stash of boosters to finish it off. You won’t have that choice anymore. Obviously players who have hundreds of boosters in their knapsack will be okay.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?