Timed Sugar Drops

Comments

• ZZ430101
    ZZ430101 Posts: 12 Level 2
    Now that King appears to have restored sugar drops to the players who had temporarily lost them, it appears that King has decoded to try out a new twist to collecting sugar drops and that is by having them timed.  I am unfortunately in that group and it appears that some of the people who had lost their sugar drops are also in this group.  I decided to start this discussion so that people could talk about this new version and provide feedback to King and the community moderator @Jelly Jenny.
    I personally do not like this new change.  I don't find it useful at all.  By the time I collect all the sugar drops, half the boosters will have expired.  I would collect drops daily to help me complete the new levels that are released every Wednesday, but collecting daily now with the timed drops just to complete old levels makes no sense and appears to be a waste of my time.  I just hope they bring back the original  version very soon!  I have included a screen shot for those people who still have the original sugar drops.
    This nonsense started with me a couple of days ago. I think it's a disgrace! Maybe I would like to save the boosters from sugar drops. I'm on level 4416 right now. They have taken away pinata, Didi, build-a-bot, and anything else that was helpful to loyal players. Greed on King's part, simply greed! A couple of years ago I actually spent $1.99 to keep going, but I will NEVER pay King a penny again!
  • mariajardine
    mariajardine Posts: 63 Level 3
    I created an account just to complain about the time busters. It is really frustrating that King is taking out some of the features of the game that keep us playing it for hours. Please reverse to the boosters as they were before, it happened with the build a boat feature. But don’t take too long or you will loose many dedicated players
  • melissa-26
    melissa-26 Posts: 11 Level 2
    Last fall I lost all my boosters when King started to really change the game.  I am now in the group with timed boosters and it is pointless. Most of the time I don't even get close to getting through a level (finally passed 4886 today), my measly 5 hammers/switches would be pointless to use.   I have purchased boosters in the past (most recent was a month ago), but I am done.  I know the goal is to make money, but when the carrots are thrown out there to keep playing have been reduced to useless--yet somehow I see users with well over 800 boosters in their screenshots who pass some of the ridiculous levels in one shot I wonder why I am even bothering to play a game that is simply meant as an escape for me.  It's not fun anymore. 
  • mamacathy
    mamacathy Posts: 95 Level 3
    I agree, timed boosters are not helpful, time runs out before you can use them. I lost my sugar drop reward for a couple of days and now I'm back to regular sugar drops. Whoever brought timed sugar drops into the game, must not play the game, because timed rewards of any kind, don't last as long as your playing time, which for me is over very quickly. Please return the regular sugar drops back to all of your players. They were  "much sweeter!"
  • schwarsu
    schwarsu Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited June 2019
    In lieu of playing Candy Crush last night and this morning,  I sorted through a large bookcase and ended up filling 3 1/2 bags with books which were donated today! Seriously, thank you King. You've done me a favor. :) 

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,934 Candy Moderator
    I can see this change is stirring up as much discussion as what I saw when Build-a-bot was changed (I have it back now and can use it on the old levels - I hope everyone can too).  I appreciate everyone's participation in this discussion, it's expressing opinions like this that brought build-a-bot back.  Thank you everyone - the community Moderator @Jelly Jenny is passing this information back to King and the game developers so hopefully we will see a return to the old sugar drops sometime soon.  

In the meantime, if you haven't already,  please make sure you participate in the 'crack the code' contest - where potentially you could win 100 gold bars.  There are puzzles to solve in 14 of the game threads here in the community.  Not only is it fun but it is also an opportunity for people new to the community to get to explore and find out more of what we are about and in the meantime I will continue to watch this thread and check for updates that I can post here for all of you.
     https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-friends-saga/discussion/258744/crack-the-code-and-win-tons-of-gold-bars/p1
  • markatfits
    markatfits Posts: 1 Newbie
    Yes, the new timed rewards are awful!  They are useless since most of them can't be used on your current level.  You need to bring back the original rewards.
  • Laurie_Gupton
    Laurie_Gupton Posts: 1 Newbie
    Very disappointing change.  No incentive to play daily if only earning timed boosters.
  • chopstickcharm
    chopstickcharm Posts: 3 Newbie
    Timed booster don't make me play while I wait for new levels. As a result, I won't look at ads and thus no revenue. Put timed boosters back and regain the ad revenue. 
  • Sandy57
    Sandy57 Posts: 5 Level 2
    I am in this group also I kept Sugar Drops but I don't like this idea at all. At the time I was playing level 4374 that did have fish and coconut wheel already on the board the coconut wheel was not an option booster to start with. I won same boosters bearwithme got how ever I only got the jelly fish in play and that level took me the full time in fact I past in the last 2 or 3 minutes of timed booster time left so I guess I loss the other boosters. I also feel the coconut wheel should have been in play this level. I hope this does not last for long as I rather having the ability to play my boosters when I need them. The fish did come in handy as I am low on boosters but its not the best way to have them not worth chasing the sugar track any more.  
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?