Timed Sugar Drops

Comments

• Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 215 Level 3
    I’ve basically stopped playing. I open the game in the morning to collect boosters from the treat calendar & the daily spin & maybe try to complete a candy quest. Until the timed boosters are gone that’s it. After years of playing every day maybe this will break my addiction.
    King’s explanation that they’re tweaking things to keep the game interesting is ridiculous. That was their reason for removing the sugar drops for several weeks & we all know how that turned out. Stop messing with a good thing.

• José_Savelkoul
    José_Savelkoul Posts: 554 Level 4
    I can see this change is stirring up as much discussion as what I saw when Build-a-bot was changed (I have it back now and can use it on the old levels - I hope everyone can too).  I appreciate everyone's participation in this discussion, it's expressing opinions like this that brought build-a-bot back.  Thank you everyone - the community Moderator @Jelly Jenny is passing this information back to King and the game developers so hopefully we will see a return to the old sugar drops sometime soon.  

In the meantime, if you haven't already,  please make sure you participate in the 'crack the code' contest - where potentially you could win 100 gold bars.  There are puzzles to solve in 14 of the game threads here in the community.  Not only is it fun but it is also an opportunity for people new to the community to get to explore and find out more of what we are about and in the meantime I will continue to watch this thread and check for updates that I can post here for all of you.
     https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-friends-saga/discussion/258744/crack-the-code-and-win-tons-of-gold-bars/p1

I sure hope she does, and that they will come to their senses. I'm one of the admins of the Candy Crush Saga All Help group. I'm seeing loads of complaints in our group. Listening to people, trying to point people in the right direction. Lots and lots of players are quitting the game if this continues with the timed boosters. So please, Activision, stop digging your own grave. Change it back to collectable boosters again please. Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day...
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,637 Sweet Legend
    Hey guys, first I would like to welcome a lot of the newcomers who have posted here.  Welcome to the Candy Crush Saga community.  I read all of your messages here and I can empathize with all of you.  Some of you might not be aware that we have an ideas section and right now we have 2 ideas going on for the sugar drops/timed.  I will give you the 2 links below and I would like all of you to please vote and comment.  The studio and management check these ideas constantly and the higher the vote the chances are that they might listen to what you all have to say.  First here is a link to the Ideas sections here

Here are the two links that I just picked up from there.

Please Make Timed Boosters Worthwhile By Converting These To The Equivalent Amount Of Non-Stop Play

There are lots of cool ideas going on at the moment.  Here are a couple more examples that you might want to vote on.

Are you all aware that we have a fun area here in the community too.  We have an off topic area and I recently posted a message on choosing your favorite character.  We have a couple of the studio guys who voted on this poll.  You please check it out here.

We also have a contest section listing all the King games and you might want to check them out here.  You can win free gold bars.  Currently there is a community wide contest going on titled: Are you the Community Mastermind and can crack the code?
    and you can enter each game for a chance to win gold bars by following the link here.

So welcome one and all!  Here we can express frustration, ideas, happy moments when you've cleared that very hard level and much more.  If you are not aware of tagging, I will show you how it's done.  If you are in a message or even starting a new message and you want to tag a Superstar or a manager all that you need to do is to start with the "@" sign and start typing the name.  A box should pop up where you can click on the name, or you can just type it out. 

• mariajardine
    mariajardine Posts: 63 Level 3
    The overwhelmingly negative feedback from the changes to timed boosters is so strong that I am hoping that King listens to all of us, and reverts to the previous version soon.
  • _Elsa_
    The overwhelmingly negative feedback from the changes to timed boosters is so strong that I am hoping that King listens to all of us, and reverts to the previous version soon.
    Thanks for posting here today.  The sugar drop challenge is 4 years old so they might looking to make some changes on it, like you already saw with the timed boosters.  Or they might have new things coming out.  The studio listens but they can only change so much.  Don't forget to go to the Ideas section and vote for those sugar drop ideas.
  • ZZ430101
    ZZ430101 Posts: 12 Level 2
    Elsa said:
    Thanks for posting here today.  The sugar drop challenge is 4 years old so they might looking to make some changes on it, like you already saw with the timed boosters.  Or they might have new things coming out.  The studio listens but they can only change so much.  Don't forget to go to the Ideas section and vote for those sugar drop ideas.
    Hi Elsa, I hope you are doing well today. I'm afraid however, that that answer is simply not adequate. I've only been playing for about 3 years. I have seen a constant effort to squeeze every last dollar from us. The piggy bank for example was only added well after I joined. 

As I previously mentioned I have only bought $1.99 worth of gold bars. I made it to level 4416 the hard way, with what I like to think is some skill.

The free pinata has disappeared. Didi is rarely available and more limited than in the past. Space dash is history. And now with the timed boosters it has reached critical mass for me.

I will check back from time to time to see if the boosters return to "normal".

Thank you for being available, cheers.
  • stokie
    stokie Posts: 1 Newbie
    Agree with all of the above, I now only open the game in the morning for the daily spin and treat calendar. I used to play twice a day to get boosters,ready for the new levels, so the timed rewards with no hammers or hand switches are no use at all,  a complete waste of time, so after years of playing it looks like I've done.
  • _Elsa_
    Hi @ZZ430101 and @stokie, I hear both of you and can surely empathize with both of you. 

@ZZ430101 I just reread what you wrote "a constant effort to squeeze every last dollar from us" and in the next paragraph you said "As I previously mentioned I have only bought $1.99 worth of gold bars. I made it to level 4416 the hard way, with what I like to think is some skill."  So then they aren't squeezing every last dollar from you, are they?  Th free Pinata only came out when the game ws 5 years old.  Did you not get it at all?   Have you gone to the Ideas section where I was asking them to take the jackpot off the spinning wheel and add this instead?  We need people to vote on it.

@stokie, I do have to tell you that this game has a very good studio.  I have seen them make some changes in the past few years so don't give up yet.  I'm not saying that the sugar drop challenge will be gone but I'm sure that they will bring out something good to replace it.

• Fr_Cayman
    Fr_Cayman Posts: 68 Level 2
    Agreed.  I work.  I can only play a game or two, maybe a few more with my coffee in the morning.  I collect special candy in order to earn boosters for later...not a timed booster I cannot use.  A tad upset...
  • Fr_Cayman
    Fr_Cayman Posts: 68 Level 2
    Hmpfff,  my final win on the candy machine got me 4 booster timers for 15 minutes each.  I have to hit claim, the sweet.  NOT sweet at all.  I don't even have a new life for 20 minutes so what did I
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?