Timed Sugar Drops

Comments

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,790 Candy Moderator
    I am hopeful, because of the strong response, that we will get King to take action sometime in the not too far distant future.

@Jelly Jenny - out of curiosity can you tell me how large the 'testing group' is for the timed boosters?  What percentage of players are now getting timed boosters?

Thank you.
  • Lindsey_Ash
    Lindsey_Ash Posts: 68 Level 3
    I myself am upset because first I was in the group without sugar drops and now I am in the group with timed boosters. Not Fair!!!
  • adylanfan
    adylanfan Posts: 30 Level 2
    Likewise for me, I have also had the candy quest removed from my devices.
  • bearwithme
    I'm sorry @Lindsey_Ash - I have no idea how the 'random' testers are chosen and it's unfortunate you were in both groups (I never lost my sugar drops but of course now I have the timed ones).  I have seen posts from some other people who are unfortunate enough to be in both groups.  I get the impression there was a very short time frame when you had the regular sugar drops back and then boom - timed boosters.  Well - hang in there and keep checking this thread.  We will keep you updated on anything we hear back from the game studio.
  • mw111
    mw111 Posts: 20 Level 2
    I've been playing candy crush almost daily for over five years, and I've never been motivated to join the CC community until this timed boosters controversy.  It's been good to find that other people are upset too.  
    I think CC is extremely clever, and admire the folks who keep creating new episodes for me (even if sometimes I hate them for being so cruel!)  But the creativity, and my enjoyment, is marred by the apparent ambition of King to make huge megabucks.  I paid for lives etc early on, but soon felt I was being taken for a ride, so stopped.  The game is free to download, therefore I guess I have no rights of ownership, and I have no power over the unwelcome changes that King may inflict on me.  

Recently I joined the candy club.  Thought that sounded quite good, with a few extra episodes each
    week.  Didn't read the small print.  Soon discovered that I was expected to pay real money EVERY week. They're having a laugh. 

So, I'm reduced to just waiting for the new episodes each week, and occasionally collecting sugar drops to see if I've got my old booster machine working again.  
    Waiting and hoping...
  • bearwithme
    edited June 2019
    @mw111 - well welcome to the community, even though it's because of the recent change some of us are experiencing with the timed boosters collected thru sugar drops.  I also briefly joined the candy club hoping for some exciting boosters once all 5 challenges were won.  Once I saw what they were - I didn't join again.  Anyway - I think you are in the same group as a lot of people are now doing - just completing the new episodes and every once in awhile collecting sugar drops.
    Now that you have joined our community - I hope you spend a little time exploring.  There are all kinds of things to do (besides commiserate with fellow crushers) and the link below provides a lot of useful information. Of particular interest is the large contest going on in 14 of the various game threads.  If you correctly solve all 14 puzzles you will win 100 gold bars.  There is a link to the contest in the thread below.
    https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/258889/newbies-welcome-to-our-community#latest

Anyway - welcome and I hope you enjoy your time here.
  • mw111
    mw111 Posts: 20 Level 2
    Thank you, fellow Pooh fan. 
    I appreciate your dedication!
  • Mj-11
    Mj-11 Posts: 4 Newbie
    The timed boosters will really reduce my enjoyment of playing. I need hammers and hands to get through levels.
  • dirkplof
    dirkplof Posts: 3 Newbie
    I used to play a lot , since the timed boosters were installed I only play once a day , it's no longer fun anymore !

• Jelly_Jenny
    Jelly_Jenny Posts: 1,889 Community Manager
    I am hopeful, because of the strong response, that we will get King to take action sometime in the not too far distant future.

@Jelly Jenny - out of curiosity can you tell me how large the 'testing group' is for the timed boosters?  What percentage of players are now getting timed boosters?

Thank you.
    While features are being tested, the group can be changed, adjusted and reshuffled, so unfortunately I can't give a definite number for it. 
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?