Are you duelling with the best of the best? Here's Champion's Race!

Comments

• mmiller404
    mmiller404 Posts: 8 Level 2
    These competitions are awful and allow the rich to get richer. We all have different game components, so you aren't really competing. It is like playing soccer against a team that not only has twice as many players as you, they get to use two balls. It never fails that the people who get in the champions race or who win 50 levels a week are the ones who get to watch ads for free boosters. They not only don't have to buy their boosters, but they are then given better rewards in the Champions race and on the better islands.

When I used to get ads that rewarded me with extra spins for lives and boosters, I could easily pass 40-70 levels a week. Now, since the only way I get boosters is my one spin a day, sugar drops, and Daily Wins, (I have yet to find a Dynamic Duo Partner who plays everyday), I am lucky to pass 6 levels a week. 

My theory is, since they aren't giving me ads, the only way they can make money off me is to force me to buy boosters, which I have done. The people who get to watch ads are more valuable to King, as they can sell their profiles to advertisers. Because of that value, they give those players more rewards as a way to keep them playing. 
  • Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 216 Level 3
    The Champion’s Race rewards weren’t really all that special - I made a concerted effort to win the first week & the rewards were 6 hrs of colour bomb & wrapped/stripe (which are not always all that useful) and 3 boosters. Got a hammer, one I don’t remember, & the stripe booster.
    So other than the stripe which I don’t remember winning anywhere else, they were pretty standard rewards.
  • MataiceAlison
    MataiceAlison Posts: 313 Level 4

i never been motivated to play candy  like this all thanks to the champions race
    wanna keep that position until the end of week though gat someone on my tail 
    anyways am loving the fun..
  • candycrushinit
    candycrushinit Posts: 12,600 Level 5
    Just won this week’s Champions Race 🍭🍬😁
  • Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5
    Good job, @candycrushinit! I didn't make it to the top three. The first place guy passed 250 levels! I had about 120 and only got eighth place.
  • iLoveMeSomePie
    iLoveMeSomePie Posts: 1 Newbie
    Could someone please message me and tell me how this works for someone who is in waiting for new levels?! I replay old ones constantly and still do the sugar drop challenge and haven’t won this. Even if I get in a better spot after I finish all the new levels I’m defeated again. Why is it if you’re in the waiting bin you get less?
  • MataiceAlison
    Good job, @candycrushinit! I didn't make it to the top three. The first place guy passed 250 levels! I had about 120 and only got eighth place
    @Crimson_Dawn that was me  ;), i was so eager to win first prize , but it wasn't all that exciting, i thought they could include some gold bars & party boosters!!
  • MataiceAlison
    since it is the best of the best,. i thought the reward would be the best of the best boosters also
    but am not competing for this week..
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    since it is the best of the best,. i thought the reward would be the best of the best boosters also
    but am not competing for this week..
    What rewards did you get?  I haven't seen it in my game yet.
  • Crimson_Dawn
    Crimson_Dawn Posts: 2,741 Level 5
    I know the striped brush is included somewhere in the race. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?