📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

lack of tickets...

2»

Answers

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    macca said:
    Hi mercerik.

Thank you for your reply and helpful suggestions.  My computer maintenance and flash player version are up-to-date, and my history and temporary files are deleted every night.

My issue is with the Original Candy Crush Saga and definitely NOT CC Friends Saga as I don't play that game.  I play the King.com games only through the online site as I'm not on Facebook.  Below please find some screen shots that may clarify the details that seem to be of confusion.  Going from the bottom screen-shot upwards, the first is the screen through which I enter the game.  The second is when the end of an episode has been reached.  The third is the shot of where I click 'ask friends' to get a ticket to unlock the next episode.  The problem is that no requests are going through to friends and I am not receiving any help or lives; therefore, I'm not able to progress to the next episode. I hope this helps to clarify the issue.  Many thanks! 

@macca

Hi again!

I wonder if you are aware that King has transitioned to HTML5 platform. Adobe Flash Player is on Life Support right now. If you are using Google Chrome, there is nothing you can do anymore with it on Settings. Google has been trying to get rid of it for years because of the Security Risks it poses due of too many versions. Google was just putting up with it because there are still websites that utilize it. It will be completely gone by December 2020 and will be a thing of the past. 

Your Candy Crush Saga looks really old which is the reason why you are having a problem. You said you are playing Online through the King Website. Can you tell me what Operating System do you have in your Computer? Is it Windows 10?

Please let me know!

Thanks!

• macca
    macca Posts: 8 Level 2
    Hi again, Mercerik:

Thank you so much for your helpful information.  I was not aware of any of this! 

After seeing your message, I contacted my very clever 'computer guy' and he confirmed that my system does indeed need an upgrade.  He is going to do this tomorrow.  

Hopefully, this will solve the problems I'm having with the game.  

Thank you, again, for your help!!
  • CanadianCathy
    CanadianCathy Posts: 1 Newbie
    I have exactly the same problem as "macca" - the problem began about 2-3 weeks ago with the latest update of Adobe Flash. I run Windows 7 and am playing online with a Firefox browser. If your game now requires Windows 10 - I guess I'm out.
  • mercerik
    macca said:
    Hi again, Mercerik:

Thank you so much for your helpful information.  I was not aware of any of this! 

After seeing your message, I contacted my very clever 'computer guy' and he confirmed that my system does indeed need an upgrade.  He is going to do this tomorrow.  

Hopefully, this will solve the problems I'm having with the game.  

Thank you, again, for your help!!
    @macca!

You are welcome! I know that a lot of people have system problems, unaware that the computer needs to be maintained. I am glad you're going to have that done. Do you know that neglecting the problems when they appear will make it worse?

If your clever computer guy checks everything out before returning your computer to you, then you wouldn't have any problems in the future. Ask your computer guy to blow the dust inside your computer with "Compressed Air" so your fans work better.

Please confirm that I answered your questions by clicking "Yes".

Thanks!

• mercerik
    edited June 2019
    I have exactly the same problem as "macca" - the problem began about 2-3 weeks ago with the latest update of Adobe Flash. I run Windows 7 and am playing online with a Firefox browser. If your game now requires Windows 10 - I guess I'm out.
    @CanadianCathy

Hi there! Welcome to the Candy Crush Saga Community!

As I told macca, King has transitioned to HTML5. Forget about Adobe Flash Player because it has 18 months left and will be a thing of the past. 

This Desktop that I am using currently used to have Windows 7 Operating System. When Microsoft offered a Free Upgrade in July 2015, I took the offer. It was a pain at the beginning but with patience, manipulations and experimentation, everything working great. I never looked back, never Rolled Back to the old version. I believe now that Windows 10 is a lot better than Windows 7. If I were you, I would work on upgrading your OS to Windows 10.

Since you have Windows 7, I won't suggest that you Download & Install the Candy Crush Saga Stand Alone App because your Operating System does not meet the requirements for best experience. Below is the ScreenShot:

You might want to try these steps that I will enumerate for you so you can still continue to enjoy the game.

1. Update your Windows 7 Operating System through the Settings - Update & Security. Follow the instructions. When prompted, restart your Computer.
    2. Download & Install Google Chrome. Here is the link: https://www.google.com/chrome/?brand=CHBD&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6IfoBRCiARIsAF6q06thT4uXS9PQHJ-sT2TkU52mT5NgvqEDFcvYhnROlqltUG9IlMqmye0aAtsgEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

After the installation, go to the 3 Dots on the Upper Right Hand Corner of the Chrome Browser. Go down and move your mouse to Help. Move your mouse to the left of Help on About Google Chrome. It will take you to the Settings on About Chrome. It will Update, if it isn't the latest version. Once it is done, it will say:
    Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 75.0.3770.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

3. You can play Candy Crush Saga on Facebook Page App or through the Kingdom's Website.

Important Note: 

You'll have to check and see if your Computer is Upgradable to Windows 10 because it will be a thing of the past sooner or later. If it is Upgradable, all you need to do is to buy the Upgrade which is cheaper than buying a new computer. If you can't install the Upgrade by yourself, you'll have to find one who can just like macca.

Hope all these answer your question! Please let me know if you need more assistance!

Good Luck! 

• macca
    mercerik said

You are welcome! I know that a lot of people have system problems, unaware that the computer needs to be maintained. I am glad you're going to have that done. Do you know that neglecting the problems when they appear will make it worse?

If your clever computer guy checks everything out before returning your computer to you, then you wouldn't have any problems in the future. Ask your computer guy to blow the dust inside your computer with "Compressed Air" so your fans work better.

Thanks!

June 14

Hi mercerik:

Thank you for your reply, and for your helpful computer tips (sent to me and to others).  I was going to reply after my computer had been upgraded; however, unfortunately, this has been delayed until next week.  I will remember to ask my guy to blow the dust inside the computer.  He is mindful about doing this so it won't be a problem. 

Could you please clarify where I click 'Yes'?

Many thanks.

June 17 
  • mercerik
    macca said:

June 14

Hi mercerik:

Thank you for your reply, and for your helpful computer tips (sent to me and to others).  I was going to reply after my computer had been upgraded; however, unfortunately, this has been delayed until next week.  I will remember to ask my guy to blow the dust inside the computer.  He is mindful about doing this so it won't be a problem. 

Many thanks.

June 17 
    @macca

The "Yes" or "No" question is on the same area where you post your Reply. 

Please let me know how your Upgrade turned out when your Computer Person gets done!

Thanks!
  • macca
    mercerik said

Thanks!

June 14

Hi mercerik:

Thank you for your reply, and for your helpful computer tips (sent to me and to others).  I was going to reply after my computer had been upgraded but, unfortunately, this has been delayed until next week.  I will remember to ask my guy to blow the dust inside the computer.  He is mindful about doing this so it won't be a problem. 

Many thanks.

June 17  

• macca
    Hi Mercerik:

My computer has now been upgraded to Windows 10 and is using Google Chrome.  Unfortunately, this upgrade has not resolved my problem with being able to send/receive gifts or lives, or with being able to progress to the next episode.  

After reading some of the other discussions, do I need to download a CC Saga stand-alone app to fix this problem?

Many thanks!

Macca

June 21 2019
  • macca
    Hi Mercerik, and those having trouble with Candy Crush Saga:

After talking to my 'computer guy' (W), we decided to go ahead and download the Candy Crush Saga app from the Microsoft Store, and what a difference there is in the game!!  (Mercerik, I now understand why you said my game looked old.)  The graphics are great, and there are lots of extra games, challenges, and opportunities to earn rewards.  It is so much more fun than playing online at King.com (although, I do appreciate having had the opportunity to play there).

For those who are interested, W created an account at Microsoft, found the CC Saga app, and clicked 'download'.  I didn't lose any of my progress because he clicked the 'played before' button and then linked to my current account at King.com (entered my King.com email address and password).  Also, I had now passed through to the next episode without having to wait.  

W also downloaded the Candy Crush Soda app, and linked this to my King.com account.  This too is amazing and provides lots of opportunities to earn rewards.  When playing online at King.com, I have never been able to access/earn any rewards!!  Once again, I didn't lose my progress in the game.  

W also put shortcuts on my PC desktop so that I just need to click the game to enter the app.  

For those whose genius lies in areas other than computer technology, this process may be a little challenging; however, I think that anyone who is used to downloading from the internet would find it easy.  Think of any teenager you might know. :-) 

Given that there is a time limitation to playing games utilizing the Adobe Flash Player, I hope that King.com puts other games (such as Farm Heroes Saga and Farm Heroes Super Saga) onto the Microsoft platform.

Thank you to Mercerik for all of the helpful advice you have given, and I hope this post has been of some help to others.

Happy playing to all!!

June 23 2019

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?