⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

King.com issue: Why can't I send or receive lives/help on Candy Crush Saga?

Answers

• Jelly_Jenny
    Jelly_Jenny Posts: 1,889 Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Hi everyone, 

We've been experiencing issues with life, roadblock and extra moves requests at king.com. In spite of their best efforts, our Studio team haven’t yet been able to resolve this issue, but are still working very hard to get a fix in place for you.

Due to the nature of this type of investigation, it’s not possible to give an exact date for the resolution, I’m afraid. The Studios strive to deliver the best playing experience, but bugs or errors can be tricky to pin down for a number of technical reasons.

The issue is only with king.com platform however, and if you are able to play on another one, we recommend using that as a workaround for now. Other supported platforms are Facebook, Windows 10, Android, Apple and Kindle. You can find links to these platforms here under "Play Now". 

This is a frustrating issue to have, and hopefully you are able to play on the platform of your choice really soon. 

I will update you later when I know this issue has been fixed. Thanks for your patience 🙏
  • angiehere
    angiehere Posts: 25 Level 2
    Just an update on this thread, which I started at the end of May.  Still no progress in relationship to solving the problem.  Have investigated playing the Windows 10 version from the store and elected not to do so, due to the amount of stuff that would get loaded on my machine that I don't want and would have no control over.  

My response to this problem is that I now check Candy Crush Saga each morning to assure myself that the problem is still not resolved (as expected), spin the wheel and claim my booster, maybe play a few previous levels to get more candy for more boosters, then move on to Farm Heroes Saga, which is now the only game of the previous seven games I still play. 

Dropping six out of seven games has saved me a bunch of money and given me more time to watch Netflix and Hulu during the day in between customers in my shop.  Will I play it again, should the problem be resolved?  Sure.  Will I play all seven of the games as I did before this all started?  Nope.  Once the habit of spending time and money on pointless endeavors has been broken, it is thankfully less attractive from this current hindsight perspective. 

Was fun while it lasted.  
  • juana29
    juana29 Posts: 10 Level 2
    Hi, I'm new to the community, although I've been playing for a long time. I share everything Angiehere says. And I think like me, thousands more. It's very sad what happened with Candy. And very strange that having spent more than 1 month have not solved this issue. Rare that a platform, with the number of people working there have not been able to solve that problem. Rare because when we write to the attention of the client, an automatic response comes from Facebook blablabla. I think we have a lot of patience, but it happens that as they have said so much, it's time to go to Netflix or anywhere else. In life is all question of customs and as a popular saying says "everything that has pricipio, has an end".
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5

@juana29  Others have mentioned this as a joke, but I think it's what's actually happening: They're not doing a single thing. All King associates seem to recommend as a fix is switching to the new HTML5 platform where players are treated to levels with less moves, timed boosters everywhere, and no friends' lives still being sent anyway. All those things lead to players being more likely to spend money on boosters, which is in King's interests.

I'm glad you and others here are speaking up about ditching CCS and King games in general. They'll get the message soon enough.

• Betty_Kelly
    Betty_Kelly Posts: 65 Level 2
    I don't understand why everyone keeps saying they can't send lives.  The way I do it is when I win a level, I scroll down past the last Friend that I want to send a life to and click on that level and the "ticket" comes up to send lives.  You may pick any of your Friends from the list.  They in turn can send you lives once they receive lives.  Simple and, by the way, I'm in the 4000 level!  I think "this dog has been beaten to death" enough.  It is time to move on.
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5

@Betty_Kelly  This thread is majority of players who play on King.com, where there was a known issue with sending/receiving lives - which btw has a different setup of sending lives from the platform I can tell you're using since you're in the 4000s levels. Officially, the issue was recently "fixed". (ahem)

But even on the new platform, I stopped receiving lives around the same time the King.com issue started, where I used to receive 3-5 lives every day. My envelope number hasn't budged for a month now.

With the Win10 app I can send lives fine clicking the heart. But I doubt whether lives are actually registering - on the new platform OR the old.

If you've been receiving 3-5 lives every day for the past month, consider yourself very lucky. To be honest I never even used my lives. I just liked hoarding them in my mailbox - and that's why I'm griping. 😂

• Betty_Kelly
    Betty_Kelly Posts: 65 Level 2
    Deryck, I play on FB, my Kindle, my PC-Win 10, and my IPad.  As far as playing on King.com, I guess I don't.  All of those different devices have the exact same format for the game.  FB had the old version longer than the other devices and it was very easy to send lives. And, no, I don't get 3-5 lives a day, sometimes not even a week but that's ok.  I use the ones I get to help me move on up.  I've considered quitting the game or at least cutting back on time spent but it is very contagious so haven't done so yet.  Now, they've added the 5000 level.  Don't get me wrong.  I've been very aggravated with the support from King but who hasn't?  I'm just tired of getting all the email from this topic. 
  • TCanter49
    TCanter49 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Syncing with Facebook 
  • juana29
    Hello Betty Kelly, I do not understand how you play and where. Since I started the game I played at King.com online. I tell you that at that moment I only reached the thousand and something level and it ended. Then with another email I started again, because I really liked the Candy Crush Saga. So I play almost since I started and always in the same way. I am new to the community, that is, trying to communicate what started to happen to me as of May 29. But it's not just me, it's thousands more. that you do not have problems at all because you do not teach us those who do not have Facebook and we play online. Why do I ask what happened? I think that all those who ask are not donkeys. Thank you and have a good day. I do not understand why you are tired. In life, it is enough to be simple and kind to those who are educated because we do not know.
  • juana29
    Hello Deryck, you are lucky to receive at least some life. Since May 29 I have not received a single life. I repeat, I still do not understand. It would be nice if it is now a payment game, say it. I always play at King.com , since it started and did not reach more than the thousand and something level. I do not have social networks and do not play in any other way. And it hurts me to leave, but I will not be spending more money here. Moderators say we have patience. If my weight has been infinite patience. In this community, I am new, so I read the only one that has no problems is Betty Kelly. It would be good that since she is so tired, she will teach us all.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?