⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

King.com issue: Why can't I send or receive lives/help on Candy Crush Saga?

Answers

• MaryBL
    MaryBL Posts: 53 Level 3
    I too am weary of being told to have a nice day and be patient.  Nobody at King can solve this problem. Strange for such a successful organisation.
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    @Betty_Kelly  Yep, Facebook and all devices/apps use the same HTML5 format, and King.com uses the old Flash format. I hear you on the many email notifications for topics. I wonder if there's a way to disable notification emails in the forum? I would think it'd be possible.

@juana29  What is happening is there are two versions of the game. The version you play on King.com is an old Flash version that King no longer updates. They're putting all their effort and energy into the new HTML5 version of the game that is available on Facebook and all devices/apps. Supposedly the issues affecting King.com are not present in the HTML5 version. But I also play the Win10 app of the game and can say that it has its disadvantages too. Update or not, King should respect the players who choose to play on the old platform and ensure a smooth gaming experience.
  • MaryBL
    I agree. They should stop the game completely on king.com if they can't fix the problem. 
  • grammypam88
    grammypam88 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Still waiting to be able to send and receive lives...and for the tooth fairy to let me pass without tickets.  When will this be resolved?
  • Betty_Kelly
    Betty_Kelly Posts: 65 Level 2
    @juana29, I said I was tired of getting all the emails from the Community Forum.  Some days I get as many as 20 and then like today I have 6.  Everyone is saying the same thing over and over again!  Obviously playing on King.com is much different than playing on multiple devices as I do.  I play on my Kindle, IPad, Windows 10 PC, and Facebook.  I do NOT play on King.com.  Since I don't play on King.com, I don't understand how you get lives anyway.  My lives are from Friends on FB.  All of my devices are synced with FB so I'm on the same lever on all of them.  Sorry that you are having such difficulty with your game.  Deryck has said that King is not doing updates on the old version which is what King.com is on so I guess it is safe to say that things will not change much for those you of that solely play on that. Oh and juana29, I was having problems getting lives.  If you scroll way up, you will see my post about it, but that was fixed someway, somehow.  So no, for the most part I'm not having any major problems with King.  I had one the other day which cost me a win of a level.  I sent King an email and the answer I got back was quite dumb so I just forgot about it and moved on. 
  • MaryBL
    Maybe if the problem was solved people would stop complaining. It is a forum for troubleshooting.  It would be nice to move on in the game but while the tooth fairy is non functional it isn't possible.
  • Georgina321
    Georgina321 Posts: 1 Newbie
    As a family we are all having multi problems with Candy Crush, none of us can receive/send lives or moves to any other players, which we used to do regularly. We click send and it would be nice to know if they got them. We do not receive any moves or lives. Me and my husband are at a stage we do not need help with moving on up the levels, but my son isn't. He still has to ask for help. None of us play on the FB platform as it gets stuck downloading and cookies are accepted. We play on the King platform. So please would you just LISTEN to your players, resolve the problems and then no-one will complain to you. Or I will carry on bombarding you with the emails again which you promised me there would be a solution on the community but there isn't.
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    Betty_Kelly   After opening my email today and seeing 31 notification messages, I got fed up too and figured out how to disable them. At the top where your profile pic is, click the gear symbol at the end, select Edit Profile, find Notification Preferences in the menu that opens, and uncheck the second to last box "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in." I don't know what "Popup" is, but I unchecked both that and "Email" just for the hell of it.
  • Jelly_Jenny
    Jelly_Jenny Posts: 1,889 Community Manager
    Hi @Georgina321

I added this update to this thread before but in case you missed it, here it is again:

"We've been experiencing issues with life, roadblock and extra moves requests at king.com. In spite of their best efforts, our Studio team haven’t yet been able to resolve this issue, but are still working very hard to get a fix in place for you.

Due to the nature of this type of investigation, it’s not possible to give an exact date for the resolution, I’m afraid. The Studios strive to deliver the best playing experience, but bugs or errors can be tricky to pin down for a number of technical reasons.

The issue is only with king.com platform however, and if you are able to play on another one, we recommend using that as a workaround for now. Other supported platforms are Facebook, Windows 10, Android, Apple and Kindle. You can find links to these platforms here under "Play Now". "

If you're having issues with loading the game in Facebook I recommend trying out these troubleshooting steps. 

• MaryBL
    Heaven forbid that people are annoyed at a technical problem that has now taken over a month to fix. Sorry but this is unheard of in a huge organisation like King. 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?