Timed boosters

Options
bnorth
bnorth Posts: 1 Newbie
It looks like others on this site are disgusted with the change to timed booster candies.
It makes no sense. I understand making levels hard and challenging, but to make these boosters basically useless to most people is beyond me. I will probably quit Candy Crush now and find a more user friendly game. 

Comments

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited June 2019
    Options
    bnorth said:
    It looks like others on this site are disgusted with the change to timed booster candies.
    It makes no sense. I understand making levels hard and challenging, but to make these boosters basically useless to most people is beyond me. I will probably quit Candy Crush now and find a more user friendly game. 
    @bnorth

Hi there! Welcome to the Community!

I understand your frustration. Personally, I was frustrated as well because when I get these Timed Boosters, it is either I have pressing things that need my focus and full attention or it is time for me to go to La-La-Land and take my zzz. That's life! We can't expect it to be Perfect because a Perfect World does not exist. I sometimes whine when things go south but once I let it out, it is gone and forgotten. Don't get me wrong! I still want these Timed Boosters converted to Quantity or Number of Boosters that can be banked for future use when needed based on the Number of Hours of Non-Stop Play. If the Timed Boosters is 6 hours, then give the equivalent value of it or at least close to it. In this way, nothing goes to waste. This will convert to a lot of Boosters instead of trying to beat the clock, getting anyone stressed out and all worked-up. Think about it.

Anyway, I created a Thread "Please Make Timed Boosters Worthwhile By Converting These To The Equivalent Amount Of Non-Stop Play” in the Ideas Category with this link: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/258837/please-make-timed-boosters-worthwhile-by-converting-these-to-the-equivalent-amount-of-non-stop-play#latest
    If you like my idea, Please Vote by Tapping The Green Vote Button below my Description and Comment! I certainly need Support on this matter. 

Hope to see you there!
  • Time_Wasting_Dad
    Time_Wasting_Dad Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I really dislike the timed boosters.  I expect it's because King wants to have people spend $$ to buy them rather than allowing people to earn them.  They briefly ran commercials while playing that allowed you to get the boosters in exchange for watching a commercial.  That was ok, if a bit annoying, but I am not going to buy any sort of package of boosters.  
  • xyz18
    xyz18 Posts: 6 Level 2
    Options
    add me to the dislike timed boosters camp for sugar drop rewards.  seems like I can't use them because of the level I'm on so they are a waste.  Guess I will play less now.  Definitely won't be buying any boosters from K$NG
  • Time_Wasting_Dad
    Time_Wasting_Dad Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Many  of the timed boosters won’t run on the level I’m playing on and are very short in duration. Really really dislike this. Much rather have the commercials if King wants the revenue. 
  • DeeV
    DeeV Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Yes, I agree as well.  I would rather se commercials.  The timed boosters are useless.
  • marymac1
    marymac1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi there new to this community but I’ve been playing for a few years, currently at level 3330 & play on an iPad.

I used to buy the occasional piggy bank (I limited myself to once a month) when they were worth 60 Gold Bars but when they reduced the number to 30 I stopped. It seems as though King heeded in part the negative feedback that generated & put it up to 45. The trade off for that concession it would now appear is timed Boosters which I absolutely loathe!

I fully understand  the methods they employ to try & entice players to spend money very much “carrot & stick.” I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling that long term players are really treated in a very shabby way, of course they’re in it to make as much money as possible but do they really have to be so obvious!

Most of the recent levels I have completed have far too few available moves & you just have to keep playing them over & over until you eventually get a “lucky” board no skill at all involved. I don’t mind in the least “Hard” or “Super Hard” Levels but do object when continually they have only 15 or 18 moves meaning a couple of minutes of game time before you have to wait again for lives to reload. 

It’s a shame but I think I’m finally falling out of love with the game, it’s taken a long while! The blatant manipulation & profiteering is just irritating now. 
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,952 Candy Moderator
    Options
    FYI - there are actually several threads out there about timed sugar drops/boosters.  The first thread below is started by the Community Moderator and she provides updates about timed sugar drops:
     https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/255966/updates-to-sugar-drops#latest
    This next thread started out concerning Timed Sugar Drops but has changed to include timed boosters as the game has added timers boosters on other things like the daily calendar now.: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/258546/timed-sugar-drops#latest

The last thread is where you can vote to get rid of timed Boosters: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/258955/get-rid-of-timed-sugar-drops-boosters/p1?new=1

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?