⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

new "cinema design" 👎👎

Options
Deryck
Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5

The Daily Treat calendar disappeared 2 days ago but returned today along with a new design when I open the game. Guessing that's no coincidence.

Is this another new design feature King plans on rolling out? Cuz I have to say, much as I like the idea of a Candy Crush movie, I don't like the black borders surrounding the top & bottom of the game. Everything's now way too cluttered and smushed together. REVERT

Comments

• Deryck
    Options

OMG! Is King doing everything it can to piss off players? The new cinema design I previously posted about changed yesterday so that now the black borders take up even MORE space. Anything requiring reading (user login, scores, etc.) is a strain on my eyes. Is King trying to blind me??

I don't know how things are in Sweden, but here in America people sue for less.

Someone tag community mod Jenny Jelly to forward my complaint, as my tags of her name never work.

I didn't start this thread for attention or to be cute. I want this issue resolved and my game display to return to normal dammit! 😠

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,952 Candy Moderator
    Options
    @Deryck - what platform are you playing on?  I play on several IOS platforms and I don't have those black borders.  They look like a glitch to me (especially since they appear to be growing!).
  • Deryck
    Options
    Thanks @bearwithme! I was beginning to wonder whether I was the only one with this issue since no one else seems to have mentioned it. And it's the same Windows 10 app from the Microsoft store that I downloaded back in Feb/March of this year on my current new computer. Needless to say, the computer's up to date and without issues. The new design just randomly came out of nowhere.
  • bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,952 Candy Moderator
    Options
    @Deryck - do you have the latest version of the windows 10 app?  I'm pretty sure that @Elsa also plays via the windows 10 app and she hasn't mentioned having that problem.
  • Deryck
    Options

@bearwithme I'm guessing it is? Making things even stranger is I looked at the game on my dad's older computer, also a Win10. Only difference is his came with CCS preinstalled (mine didn't), the app was never updated/touched, and the game displays fine, like how mine used to look.

I guess a game uninstall/reinstall could be a last resort, but no way do I want to risk losing my stored lives! I'll wait this out until more is known.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Look at this!  I have it too @Deryck!  But mine is prettier than yours!  I have pink splotches where the piggy bank is supposed to be (top right) and another pink splotch next to my profile picture.  I am "tinkled pink".  There was a game version update today and I'm wondering if it caused this.  @Deryck, can you still play the game?  I completed the levels so I don't have any new levels to play.  You can uninstall and reinstall the game on Windows 10 and you shouldn't lose anything, but ..........  will it correct this problem?  And it's now going into the weekend so even if I tag the community moderator she won't see this until Monday.  I could complete the contact form but they will also have to wait until Monday to notify the studio.  I will check on this again tomorrow morning and let's see if anyone else reports this.  I can also check in my Facebook group for any members who play on Windows 10.  Let's touch base tomorrow morning ok?

• Deryck
    Options

@Elsa For the record I'd upvote all 3 options since they apply, but it's not possible to do so. I'll go with my first reaction as I read your reply. ;)

I'm just relieved it's not just me! Yes, fortunately the game still plays fine. Like you, I suspect this is a result of some game updates/changes King is doing since the first border change happened as a result of the Treat Calendar disappearing in my game. The only other weird thing that happened coinciding with the expanded borders is I started getting 2 separate Daily Treat calendars. Have you too? One calendar gives a mix of timed boosters/regular boosters. The other gives all regular boosters (so far).

To be honest I wasn't going to report it cuz who shoots a gift horse in the mouth! But maybe the 2 changes are related and it's worth mentioning. Well if I must sacrifice some free boosters, I will. My eyesight's more important.

Sure, I'll update if the problem still exists tomorrow morning.

..oh man, pink splotches. I can't! 😂

• _Elsa_
    Options
    Here's more things going on with the game on Windows 10!  I just created more print screens and I'll post them below.  There is a difference if you open the window all the way or if it's the smaller version.  If you open it all the way, you can't scroll down to see the trophy. 

If it's the smaller version then you can see the trophy.  But then look at my pink splotches between the two of them.  On the smaller version the piggy bank is pink and the Build-a-Bot next to my profile picture turns pink.

But it doesn't end there.  When I changed it back to full version, this is what the trophy/events section looks like.

But then it gets even better.  Because as I change back and forth, now the pink is showing up in both sizes.  I went into my settings before opening the game right now and it updated to the latest version.  So, it was happening with the older version and hasn't changed with the newer version. 

I am going to report this to the contact form but I know they can't do anything about it until Monday.  But I want to direct them here so they can see all the print screens.  We might get more players commenting about this during the weekend.
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    @Deryck. look at my game today!  I lost my trophy box!  Something is wrong and I am trying to report it to the community moderator.  I gave her this link in a private message so she should be checking it on Monday when she comes in.

• Deryck
    Options

Good afternoon @Elsa. I unexpectedly was out all day yesterday but can see how the error has grown for you. Amazing (in a I-can't-believe-this way)! Mine is still just the borders, the 2 calendars still operating in conjunction, and I notice the new My Account button coming and going some days - maybe that plays a role in the design clusterfv(k?

I think I found one other person with the error, so it looks like we're not alone.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?