📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Windows 10 Candy Crush app display issue

avica
avica Posts: 9 Level 2
Hi

in the last few days something happened to the app in windows 10
the display it's cut top and bottom with black strips
see screenshot attached
does anyone else encounter with this issue?

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    Hello @avica
    We would like to welcome you to the king community. Thank you so much for being willing to joining 🙏

Check your update here https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NBLGGH18846
    If already updated, Please let me know 😊 I will ask you to check some troubleshooting. 
  • avica
    avica Posts: 9 Level 2
    Hi @Sukanta_Biswas

I already uninstalled and downloaded again the app from Microsoft store but got the same result
    it suddenly happened 3 days ago
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    avica said:
    Hi

see screenshot attached

@avica

Hi there! Welcome to the Community!

I am not sure if we same issue but since after the Windows 10 July 9th Update, my Screen Setting was messed-up. The Black Line at the bottom where the System Tray is with the Date and Time has widened to about an inch upward, making the Screen Smaller. The Windows 10 Candy Crush Saga App was OK but the CCS Facebook App was affected. I checked all the necessary adjustments at the bottom of the Monitor but the Settings were fine. My only option left was doing System Restore but stumbled into a big problem which is what I am trying to fix right now. 

I certainly hope this this is not what you have because it has ruined my day. Thanks to Windows 10 Update!  It is awful!
  • Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,843 Level 5
    edited July 2019
    I have had this happen to both my laptop and desktop on the candy crush windows 10 app. Does not seem to impact playing the game.
  • mercerik
    I have had this happen to both my laptop and desktop on the candy crush windows 10 app. Does not seem to impact playing the game.
    @Scooterpie

Hi there! Not all Computers and Displays have the same Configuration Specification. We have different Video Cards. It didn't affect my Windows 10 CCS App but there could be other Apps or Programs that can suffer because of this Update Incompatibility. I would rather fix it now than wait till the problem is widespread. The one that I notice that is Zoomed-in is the Facebook CCS App. If you play the game inside Facebook, you'll probably realize that the CCS Screen should not be this big. 

Below is the ScreenShot of the Facebook CCS

• Scooterpie
    edited July 2019
    @mercerik that sounds like a good plan. I looked at my Facebook CCS  App on Chrome and it looks like your screenshot.  =)
  • Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    edited July 2019
    Hello @avica
    I noticed there was some problem with the new update. Which I did not notice at first. Hope this issue will solve soon.😊
    I hope that you got the right information.
    Have a good day 🌞
  • mercerik
    edited July 2019
    @mercerik that sounds like a good plan. I looked at my Facebook CCS  App on Chrome and it looks like your screenshot.  =)
    @Scooterpie

I never had problems with Windows 10 since its Initial Release in 2015. With this problem, if you are not used to doing System Restore, do not do it yourself because the July 9th Update is not something you want to mess with. There was a big problem with it not restarting the computer properly after the Restoration was Completed. Instead, it is shutting it down. You will end up resetting Windows 10. You have to call Microsoft Support at (800) 642-7676. Support Call is free and they can remotely assist you with this problem.

Hope this helps! 
  • Scooterpie
    edited July 2019
    @mercerik
    @Sukanta_Biswas

Interesting developement . Today the screen on my computer for the candy crush windows 10 app still had the black borders as shown in @avica picture. I resized my game screen making it shaped more like a smart phone app. The game screen now looks perfect with no black borders. Is King possibly changing the format of the windows 10 CC app?  
  • Sammie_Campbell
    Sammie_Campbell Posts: 3 Newbie
    avica said:
    Hi

see screenshot attached

I'm having the same issue too, but my bars are on the sides. Can still play the game but it's a bit disorienting with it zoomed in so much.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?