Timed Sugar Drops

Comments

• Joe000
    Joe000 Posts: 43 Level 2
    Just how wealth is the King 👑 How much do you think he makes in a day?

According to the documents King Digital Entertainment filed recently, Candy Crush Saga generates a brain exploding $3.5 million EVERY DAY. That's $105 million per month. That's $1.26 billion per year. Please let that sink in for a moment. $1.26 billion per year, from a silly little iPhone game.

In 2011, just three short years ago, the entire company earned a grand total of $64 million. In 2012, the year Candy Crush Saga was released, revenues shot up to $164 million. In 2013 the company earned a staggering $1.88 billion. In 2014, the company is on pace to earn $2.5 billion.  Just how much is enough for the King?

But the Wizard Behind Curtain is Activision Blizzard (ATVI) who bought King in November 2016

In the latest trading session, Activision Blizzard (ATVI) closed at $47.19, marking a +0.7% move from the previous day. According to Barons:

“Activision Blizzard stock is down nearly 40% from one year ago. But an attractive content cycle and less competition for this year’s Call of Duty title could make now a good time to step in, according to one analyst.”

Joe

• Kasie
    Kasie Posts: 32 Level 2
    I agree with @Dirty_Nurse. I don't think they are going to go back to untimed boosters. The newer games that I am familiar with have them. It probably makes it a lot easier for them in terms of the information they have to maintain for each user, which is especially important for users who purchase boosters.

Once the timed boosters appeared for me, I stopped playing CC because I could no longer play it the way I wanted to (and have been for the last 3 or 4 years). I went back to a couple of other King games, one of which, CC Soda, has the timed boosters. They're just as useless in CC Soda as they are in CC. So why do I continue with CC Soda, and not CC? Because I was attached to CC and they way I played it. I am not attached CC Soda. If I stopped tomorrow I wouldn't miss it; I'd find something else (I actually play because it helps to lower my blood pressure.)

Yes, a lot of people have been vocal about the timed boosters. However, what percentage is this of the total number of players, and does that really change their bottom line. I'm skeptical, and so I don't think we'll get the change reversed. But I'm quite happy to be proved wrong!
  • Jackie_Coe
    Jackie_Coe Posts: 104 Level 3
    On another site it is strongly suggesting that only timed boosters are given to those who don’t/haven’t paid any money.  In spite of all these objections I still am not holding my breath that the normal boosters will be returned after mid August........
  • Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 216 Level 3
    I’ve purchased things in the past & I’ve got the timed drops. 
    I’m trying to be optimistic about them changing back to normal but I don’t know.. 
  • naychagurl
    naychagurl Posts: 24 Level 2
    It has really ruined the game for me. I hardly play at all anymore and I used to play daily
  • Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,837 Level 5
    Play the old flash version. You get regular boosters for collecting sugar drops. You will receive double the amount of sugar drops for passing a sugar drop level. From your computer or laptop go to https://king.com/play/candycrush. You may need to register/sign-up if you have not already done so. This link takes you to the old flash version of candy crush. If you see the dog, click on the dog or below the dog on the rectangle where it says "Get Adobe Flash Player." This will bring up a box where you can allow Adobe Flash to run. The example below is shown on the Microsoft Edge internet browser. Browsers vary, this may look different, the message box to allow flash player may appear in a different location. Also, our computers/laptops have different graphics cards, configurations etc. I can get the old flash version to work on a variety of  browsers but for me it will not work on Firefox. On Maxthon it just works, goes right to the game, no dog. On Opera "Click to enable Adobe Flash Player" appears in the middle of a blank screen. I do not know what browser you use? Boosters received on the old flash version sync with Win 10 and the HTML version but not with your mobile. Gold Bars sync everywhere.

• naychagurl
    When I go to the link that you posted, it just takes me to install the Candy Crush game I already have. There is no dog to click. What am I doing wrong? On an iPhone
  • Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,837 Level 5

@naychagurl

You cannot play the old flash version from your mobile device. You need to use the link from a desktop computer or laptop.
  • Fred_Ellison
    Fred_Ellison Posts: 16 Level 2
    When collecting 180 sugar drops, three untimed lollipop hammers are usually obtainable..  But never "switches" or "hands".  Players who can finish all levels the first day or days from Wednesday (I'm at level 5135) are now relying on other methods of receiving switches and additional lollipops. To the King staff:  If you are out of valid modifications there is no shame in ending future Candy Crush Saga levels.
  • naychagurl
    Thank you @scooterpie. Will I have to start from level one?
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?