⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

lost boosters

chelmel123
chelmel123 Posts: 1 Newbie
Yesterday I uninstalled and reinstalled candy crush to connect with my Facebook. Although I was able to go back on my level, I lost all of my boosters. I had hundreds of each booster as I try not to use them often. How can I get them back 

Answers

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Hi @chelmel123 and welcome to our adorable Community 😊 I am sorry this happened to you. The boosters you collect are stored on your device's memory. This way you can reach them even if you are offline. Unfortunately, this also means that if you change the device or reinstall the game you will lose all the boosters. We don't recommend collecting a lot of boosters, it's better if you use them while playing. Here are some tips on safeguarding your boosters. 

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/252961/safeguarding-your-collected-boosters-and-lives

As a player I know how inconvenient this is but it's useful for future use. Thank you for your understanding. Have a wonderful day 🤗
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    Hi @chelmel123, welcome to our community.  I would like to take a moment to offer you a message for all newbies to learn more about our community which you can find here.  We always run contests so be sure to do them for a chance to win gold bars.
  • kristinx82
    kristinx82 Posts: 4 Newbie
    I experienced the exact same problem.   I was not able to connect to the Internet and I was advised by someone in troubleshooting to uninstall and reinstall the app.  I was able to connect to Facebook and get back to my level but I’ve lost all of my boosters, including ones I paid for!!  For you to say so sad too bad, you’re not getting them back is BS! 
  • firebombmarkus
    Hi @kristinx82 and welcome to our adorable Community 😊 I absolutely understand this as a player. But now it's your turn to understand that right now we can't do much about it because the boosters are stored on the device's memory. Just for the record, next time you want to reinstall your game have in mind that you will lose all of the boosters. We always try the troubleshooting steps first but sometimes reinstalling the game is the last resort. 
  • kristinx82
    @firebombmarkus  this is ridiculous coming from a company this size.  If you were to purchase something from another company and then that company told you to do something that made you lose your product,  they would reimbursed you.   What is shady company! 
  • firebombmarkus
    @kristinx82 Were your boosters purchased or earned?
  • kristinx82
    Both.  This is not just a problem with me though, read your discussion boards.  Tons of people are getting screwed out of money because they’re being told to delete the app by king support.  I play other games where I gain or buy boosters and I always get them back even if I have to delete the app.  
  • firebombmarkus
    @kristinx82, Of course, I am reading the discussion board. Please note that I am just a volunteer who is trying to help people around. I am not a King employee so I can't do anything regarding this but pass the feedback on to the studio. As a player, I know how that feels because I felt the same first time when it occurred. Recently, King really improved the way they interact with players through this Community. Now we have the Ideas section where you can make your own idea or cast a vote on some that are already made. The studio monitors the ideas and they might implement some of them and some are already implemented. They are listening to the players indeed. But some things can't be done overnight, it's a process. Here is the idea regarding the topic we are talking about.

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/254459/losing-boosters-on-reinstalling-the-app/p1

• Tazor
    Tazor Posts: 1 Newbie

I too had the same problem and I had a lot of boosters. It's frustrating because the reason I had to uninstall & reinstall the app was because it froze on the home screen and wouldn't open to allow me to play. I tried for days to restart my iphone, checked storage and none of these were the issue. If this is a problem on King's side, there should be a way to get boosters back. I don't even want to play the game anymore.

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend

@Tazor Hi and welcome, Many people would agree with you but unfortunately this is not possible with mobile devices at present. You could try customer support they may give you a good will gesture but more than likely nothing that can be done regarding this

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?