⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

King.com issue: Why can't I send or receive lives/help on Candy Crush Saga?

Answers

• angiehere
    angiehere Posts: 25 Level 2
    Hello, it's angiehere again; the person who started this thread lo, those many weeks ago.  Still no progress on the Candy Crush front and as I have previously stated, I used to play 7 games on the Kingdom website and am currently playing only Farm Heroes Saga.  Even that game is not fully functional, but at least I am able to get help from friends, although I have never received extra moves from friends; can only send them.  Since Flash Player will no longer be supported as of sometime next year, it looks like I will be down to 0 games played online. 

Like many others, I have zero interest in Facebook because it is beneath my intellect and dignity to engage with a program that can access my cameras and microphones at will, whether I am online or not.  Also, I'm not 12 and/or incapable of interaction with people in reality, so social media is not for me. 

If the Kingdom does not intend to go to the HTML5 format before Flash is no longer a viable option, then I can do without the games and just watch Netflix and Hulu; the two of those together cost far less per month than I was spending on these games, plus, Netflix and Hulu are fully functional, 100% of the time.  I only wanted entertainment and it appears that King is no longer interested in serving those of us who will not prostitute ourselves to social media to access that entertainment. 

I wonder how many dollars per month King will lose by not making their product accessible to us?  I'll wager that it ends up being more than they thought it would be. Certainly, new people will play the games via social media, replacing those of us who opt out, but King will still lose buckets of money in losing the players who can find other outlets for entertainment, meaning other outlets profiting from King's loss. 
  • mel21
    mel21 Posts: 158 Level 3
    Hi angiehere  I read your mssg I only play on king.com as well.   You said that you only play farm heroes saga now.  Dont mind me asking have you played it today as I am trying to play it now but the game wont load.  Have you had this problem on farm heroes saga today.  I have been waiting 10 mins now and wont load at all so I just wondered.
  • planettv
    planettv Posts: 48 Level 2
    I also only play on king.com and have been having the problem ever since Chrome 71 came out in, I think, December 2018. This was my post about it: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/248234/cant-get-into-7-king-games-in-google-chrome-71

I have had to play those 7 games in FireFox but that is not ideal as I am still running one of the last 2 versions before Quantum do to some extensions I have not being Quantum compatible. The only games I can play in Chrome are Diamond Digger Saga, Papa Pear Saga, Scrubby Dubby Saga and Farm Heroes Super Saga.

I don't see how they can still say Chrome is a supported browser when a good number of games are not longer playable in said browser.
  • planettv
    edited August 2019
    I also only play on king.com and have been having the problem ever since Chrome 71 came out in, I think, December 2018. This was my post about it: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/248234/cant-get-into-7-king-games-in-google-chrome-71

I have had to play those 7 games in FireFox but that is not ideal as I am still running one of the last 2 versions before Quantum do to some extensions I have not being Quantum compatible. The only games I can play in Chrome are Diamond Digger Saga, Papa Pear Saga, Scrubby Dubby Saga and Farm Heroes Super Saga.

I don't see how they can still say Chrome is a supported browser when a good number of games are no longer playable in said browser.
  • planettv

I don't see how they can still say Chrome is a supported browser when a good number of games are no longer playable in said browser.
  • lobo123
    lobo123 Posts: 21 Level 2
    Does anyone in authority from King.com actually read these posts? Do the minions that reply to us masquerading as helpers actually report to the techs? Why are we being pushed towards social media, is facebook paying king.com for new members? I have one really important question which  I hope someone with some authority can answer, will King.com be updating to html5 or are we looking at the last days of King.com? Maybe King.com was created by Facebook just to steer people there, it certainly seems they are desperate to get us there. I doubt there will be a honest answer to these questions.
    Bravo angiehere everything you stated makes great sense.
  • Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    edited August 2019
    @lobo123
    Currently 80% players are playing on the Facebook platform, syncing the game with King.com. You are not getting any request as more players are not playing on the King.com platform. But there is no problem with the game load. See I got a live request.

• lobo123
    lobo123 Posts: 21 Level 2
    What are you saying, 80% are playing on Facebook so the 20% on King.com don't matter? Are you also telling us that it won't be fixed when previous replies said it would? Now the truth is coming out, Facebook has the 80% King.com players are being phased out, is that true? By the way, you should read more carefully, you missed the part that said "WE DON'T WANT TO JOIN FACEBOOK"
  • Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    @lobo123
    This is actually a Facebook game. However, King did create his own platform, but even if it is currently running, there will be no updates. Of course you can play the game through King ID, but you need to use a more advanced platform.
    You need to use the game App. Therefore, you can use mobile or Windows 10 app.
  • MaryBL
    MaryBL Posts: 53 Level 3

I played on Facebook and it's really boring with adverts to watch every few seconds.  I think king should fix the problem on king.com. It advertised people on every continent play candy crush and yet nowhere in the world is a person with enough technical knowledge to fix a broken down tooth fairy. That is very hard to believe.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?