⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

App incompatible with device

MsBoo
MsBoo Posts: 5 Level 2
Today I changed to an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy A2 Core) after playing SC on a Windows phone, where I was at Level 425. Tried installing the app and got the "App incompatible with device". I was hoping to keep my progress as I had been periodically updating on WiFi

Best Answer

• tsaytds
    tsaytds Posts: 255 Level 4
    Answer ✓
    There might be a solution for this. For Android there are two versions of CCS app  32 bits and 64 bits. You can find both versions ( early ver.) at apkmirror.com. Follow their instructions pick 32 bits first and see if that work. 

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Hi, @MsBoo
    Welcome, and thank you for becoming a member of the King Community! I will be very happy if I can help you.
    If your device is low on space it can stop apps downloading & installing. Your device may be low on space if you’ve seen a notification about storage space, or if there’s less than 1 GB available when you check. If there is free space, check out Troubleshooting below 👇
    1. On your Android phone or tablet, open your Settings app Settings app
    1. Tap Apps & notifications. 
    1. Tap Download Manager. If you don't see it, tap See all apps or App info.
    1. Open Google Play Services.
    1. Tap Clear cache.
    1. Tap Clear storage and then Clear all data and then OK. 
    1. Open the Google Play Store app Google Play.
    1. Wait for 5 minutes, then try your download again. 
    Please let me know...

• MsBoo
    Thank you for your prompt response. My phone is new, so space is bountiful - if it was a storage issue it would give me the option to download. When I search for Candy Craush in the Play store from my phone it doesn't appear ANYWHERE, but when I open Play Store on my PC it appears but says "App incompatible with Device".  My phone Samsung A2 Core SM-A260F is Android 9.0 (Pie) so it should be able to handle the app. 
  • tsaytds
    Answer ✓
    There might be a solution for this. For Android there are two versions of CCS app  32 bits and 64 bits. You can find both versions ( early ver.) at apkmirror.com. Follow their instructions pick 32 bits first and see if that work. 
  • MsBoo
    IT WORKED!!!! I downloaded it from apkmirror.com, no problems - I was able to log into my account and retrieve my data: Level 425 still there!!! Yay! Thank you so soooooo much! I was really stressed about losing my progress.
  • tsaytds
    Happy for you, just make sure don't set play store to auto update.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?