⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

If Dexter is not available, why am I still getting push notifications about the Space Race?

I haven't posted until now as I know a number of users have been having the same issue, but I am getting really quite frustrated.

Over the past six weeks I have collected 50 green candies every Thursday and got the lollipop hammer from Dexter, but only once over the past six weeks has the space race appeared by itself.

I also regularly reach the mystery chest and music box, only to find that the keys don't appear and those challenges disappear altogether. 

I saw a solution suggested on another post about logging out, restarting my device (I'm using Android) and logging back in, and the first week I tried it, this worked, with both the space race and the music box keys appearing when they had disappeared before. However, this has not worked since despite me trying it many times.

I have played for years, recently reaching level 5136, and definitely play more when Dexter's challenge is on, to the point where if it doesn't appear I generally don't bother playing at the weekend now. I really enjoy that challenge. 

As so many others have previously posted I wasn't going to bother as I see others are regularly told "it's just not available for some players sometimes" and "testing" which I was willing to accept. 

However, over the past two weekends, I have been receiving push notifications from the app on a Sunday telling me the space race is still on and I still have time to collect Candy for Dexter, yet when I go into the app by clicking on the notification it's still not there!

Given that I'm getting the notifications, the fact that the race isn't there MUST be a bug, surely if the developers remove it for "testing" or whatever then the notifications should be stopped as well.

To be perfectly honest, I'm getting so frustrated by it I'm seriously considering deleting the app and giving up the game altogether. 

Come on King, please sort it out, it's been weeks now and loads of users are raising it as an issue...

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    Hi @Rhiannon_Davies
    We would like to welcome you to the king community. Thank you so much for being willing to joining 😊

We're sorry for your problem. You must know that the game has been missing some features for a while.Because the King team was working on those features.
    But this time, the features is back in the game. If your game doesn't have the features, check out some of the troubleshooting below and let me know.
    Check your Game app update
    Check to update the game app at least 1 time a week. App developers are giving their best to deliver a great experience to the users, which is why they are constantly working on improvements. If users complain about the issue, including freezing and crashing, developers will fix it with an update. 
    To update apps individually or in bulk using the Google Play Store app on your mobile device:
    Open the Google Play Store app Google Play.
    Tap Menu Menu and then My apps & games.
    Games with an update available are labeled "Update." You can also search for a specific game.
    Tap Update.

Update the device software / Android system update
    If there is a software glitch, you can get rid of it by installing the latest software version. A new version will improve the overall performance of your device and its security and it will also bring bug fixes. If you didn’t enable automatic updates on your device, you can see if there is an update manually:
    Go to Settings
    Scroll down and tap About device (About phone, About tablet)
    Tap Software Update or System update.

Clear app Cache data
    Clearing cached data can free up needed space by removing temporary files. This is a short-term solution. Over time, cached data will build up again.
    To clear the cache for the app:
    Open your device's Settings app Settings app.
    Tap Apps & notifications.
    Tap the app. If you don't see it, first tap See all apps or App info.
    Tap Storage and then Clear cache

Log Out Game > Restart Device > Open Game & Log In.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?