What I learned after completing 5435 levels in five months

RDM
RDM Posts: 21 Level 2

In March 2019, I got the flu and started playing CCS while I was recovering. I couldn’t put the game down. Earlier in August, I completed all levels to 5150 and have been playing new episodes once they appear ever since. Here are the lessons I’ve learned:

1.  The game will often give you the win on the last two or three moves. If you pay close attention, the last move or two will often solve the level. Take your time at the end, especially on levels you’re stuck on. 

2.  Use your boosters as quick as you get them. I didn’t purchase many boosters, maybe a lollipop or two throughout the game. The game seems to set you up to use your booster in hand when you have one. Just go for it. 

3. If you’re stuck on a hard level and can’t pass no matter what you try, put the game down for several hours or a day. For whatever reason, the game seems to want to reward you for playing after a break. It usually lets you beat that stubborn level and settle in for a good little run. 

4. Some levels are great for meeting bonus goals to aquire boosters. Level 1476 for sugar drops, and level 3306 for maintaining your poptastic status. 

5. Level 6 is the best level to load up your bot or spaceship. It’s easy to find, and can often be won in one or two moves. 

6. Lastly, go with your gut, go with your first reaction. This is a left-brained game. You’re subconscious is actually quite good at finding a move that maximizes the turn.  

Comments

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    Hi @RDM and welcome to our adorable Community 😊 This is awesome feedback! I really enjoyed reading about your experience and I think you are totally right. There are a lot of players who complain about the game being rigged but I am sure that the key for winning the levels is patience just as you pointed out. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! Keep crushing 🍭
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    What an excellent post!  Thank you so much for taking the time to post this!
  • seasong
    seasong Posts: 113 Level 3
    Hi @RDM you’ve beaten me 😆
    It takes me 9 months to reach level 5000
    Now I’m waiting for new levels every week so I play less than at first but still love the game, never get tired of it.
    Thanks so for your post, kiss from France 
  • RDM
    RDM Posts: 21 Level 2
    @seasongJe devais utiliser google traduction ici car ma deuxième langue est l'espagnol, mais merci pour le baiser de la France!  Ton pays est magnifique et tu as fait ma journée!
  • Scarlette
    Scarlette Posts: 3 Newbie
    Tapez votre commentaire
  • Scarlette
    Scarlette Posts: 3 Newbie
    Super pour toutes ces infos et bonne continuation 
  • seasong
    seasong Posts: 113 Level 3
    RDM said:
    @seasongJe devais utiliser google traduction ici car ma deuxième langue est l'espagnol, mais merci pour le baiser de la France!  Ton pays est magnifique et tu as fait ma journée!
    @RDM you made my day too 😊
  • jinxs
    jinxs Posts: 12 Level 2
    PATIENCE!!!  I've learned to ALWAYS count my lives because king takes them-1-5 depending on the win,yep EVERYTIME. Don't fall for the "just buy one hammer" just be patient because just like any slot machine the game will let you win eventually.  Don't get upset when the jelly bombs explode for no reason and inexplicable rows explode-its just the games way of sucking you in-just be patient,you will eventually draw the win.At level 5300+ I just go with the flow but spend no money any more-the fix is in.LOL sometimes I think it gets mad at me for NOT buying that "win",lol. oh well,remember ITS JUST A GAME!!! 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?