💡 Please only post ideas on how we can improve the game Candy Crush Saga!
🔎 Before posting, check our ideas guide HERE
🚨 Looking for help? Head over to our Support and FAQ:s

Get rid of Timed Sugar Drops/Boosters

Comments

• Patriciazz
    Patriciazz Posts: 2 Newbie
    I haven’t earned a single gold bar since June. Yesterday I played to get all the sugar drops possible and got 2 lollipop hammers and the rest were useless timed boosters. Today I played to get all the sugar drops possible and only got timed boosters. I’m done. No more time wasted on this game.
  • Joe000
    Joe000 Posts: 43 Level 2
    Now on the 5th week of not playing a single level on CCS. I still go on to get save-able boosters on the treat calendar and booster wheel, in the unlikely event that the King returns CCS to the old game. I am going to stop counting the weeks as I don’t miss not playing CCS any more. I am content to forever stay on level 5340. I am happy playing Blitz and trying other free games. 
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,118 Level 5
    johndvon said:
    I've never even had these booster drop, and I've been playing this game since the day it was releases on play store, I've even spent my real money which I have little of⁉️😡 This really makes me upset and sad. Why haven't I ever had these boosters??? 
    @johndvon A few on the forum have confirmed never having the feature, but that's pretty rare.. On your map, do you see a C symbol on some levels? Those are the levels where sugar drops can be collected - which get "traded" in for boosters after you collect a certain amount. Not all levels allow you to collect the sugar drops, only the C ones.
  • BlueView
    BlueView Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited October 2019
    Old, but very relevant.

Understanding this and stop signing into Facebook to play CCS. If 80 million people stopped playing overnight (270M play globally), that would have an impact on the game rewards. King developers understand the psychology behind why people continue to complain over and over again yet still play- (King is NOT reading these posts BTW...) may entice some to cut the cord. 
    King bilked CCS players $945M in 2018. Because they understand the psychology of people. People forum-board complain, but play.
    Downloading the app, yet again on your new phone is cause for cheering in King Headquarters. You have stayed the course in "hopes" they will be kind to you and change the game back to regular Boosters. New game standard is here to stay.
    My boosters are dwindling, and once gone, I have no need to play that badly.

They have moved onto a new audience. Young people that have not learned CCS is a scam, not a game.  I do not pay King. If it takes me 4 months to pass a level, then so be it. Some strategy, mostly luck.

• Joe000
    Thank You “BlueView” for your great article about “Coersive Monetizing” of games like Candy Crush Saga. I recommend that all players read the full article which states in part that:

The player, believing they simply need to play better – smarter – keeps playing. And sometimes they get lucky enough to win. But eventually some players will choose to pay, one way or another, in order to move on to the next level, which they hope will recapture the fun they’d been having earlier when their skill was enough to see them through.

This describes Candy Crush Saga to a tee – and, illustrates the coercive monetization technique.

The key to monetizing a game like Candy Crush Saga is to make the person believe they’re playing a skill game even as they’re purchasing advantages in the game. I’ve seen so many people who have convinced themselves that it’s a skill game, that their progress is dependent on a skill – even when there are moments when they’re convinced to fork out a bit of money to get past a map that’s proving difficult.

This is the ideal consumer they’re looking for, where the player believes on some level that it’s a skill game and yet is spending at the same time. They’re stuck in this state where the brain hasn’t caught up to the reality of the situation for an extended period of time.

• Kevin_Paul_Scott
    Kevin_Paul_Scott Posts: 41 Level 2
    4 months of timed boosters, sigh, I am wondering if anybody has anything good to say about them?  I haven't. 
  • Joe000
    Another day without playing CCS. It has been over a month now, and it is amazing how much extra time I have. My todo list has been cut in half. Until the King stops the timed boosters I refuse to play. I realize my days with CCS May be over forever. Back to Blitz. 
  • vshanmugam
    vshanmugam Posts: 40 Level 2
    PLEASE ENSURE TIMED BOOSTERS ARE ROLLED BACK AND THE PLAYER GET THE BOOSTER WHILE REACHING THE NUMBER IN SUGAR DROPS. MOST IRRITATING AND FRUSTRATING UPDATE WHICH NO ONE WAS LOOKING FOR. THIS WILL LEAVE THE PLAYER WITH ALMOST LESS / NIL BOOSTER. ENSURE QUICK ACTION OR ITS END GAME FOR CC. HOPE YOU ARE LISTENING. 
  • Glenn1972
    Glenn1972 Posts: 16,650 Pro Player 👑
    I am to old to change but giving it a slot. It seems to be working OK. Sometimes great in my favor and sometimes not. Let's just play it some more. 
  • Joe000
    Sparkle-2 - The King seems to change parts of CCS for different people. I lost Sugar Drops for 2 weeks, then they returned. My wife gets 60 gold bars when her Piggy gets filled for $2.99. I get 30 bars for $2.99. I have heard some subjects still have regular Sugar Drops while I have Timed Drops for the past 6 months. It has totally changed the game for the worst. I stopped playing any new levels for 2 months. Now I play only 1 or 2 new levels daily and lost interest in staying at the top level.  :(
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?