Halloween 2019 - Favourite Halloween Memory!

Options
124»

Comments

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,683 Sweet Legend
    Options
    grama said:
    @Elsa On those few snowy Halloween days we'd just put Halloween makeup on our face and either wear wigs or fix our hair (till our ears got cold and we put our hats on) or masks ( rubber masks at this time) and go out decked out in  our winter gear.
    That is awesome!  Thanks for sharing.
  • stellarogers
    stellarogers Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options
    I wish I can win some gold bars for today's CCrush new levels 
  • _Elsa_
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Halloween Memories Only 80’s Kids Will Understand

1. A lack of trick or treating “times.”
    If you grew up in the 80’s, you may not recall trick or treating times. Trick or treating began when mom and dad got home from work and it ended when the candy ran out. I don’t know when this two hour window started, but from what I remember trick or treating went on long enough for us to hit our neighborhood, visit my grandma for a few pictures, and get back home in time to hit up a few more houses. Poor Grandmas are getting ripped off in this new arrangement.

2. What the heck is a Halloween superstore?
    What? You say there is a whole store dedicated to nothing but Halloween costumes? When did this happen? Who has that kind of time? Or money? I think in the 80’s you either made your own or snagged one from G.L. Perry or if you were lucky, Target. Now my kids want me to take them to these pop up Halloween superstores, which remind of the kind of things and people you see at the fireworks stand in July. Eeeek. ‘Nuff said.

3. The beloved pillowcase or plastic pumpkin.
    When you trick or treated in the 80’s you had two choices of which to collect your candy swag with: pillowcase or plastic pumpkin. Hmmm…tough choice! The pumpkin was so festive, but after a certain age you opted for the pillowcase because let’s face it, it held more and you kinda felt more grown up.

4. The candy sort was an Olympic event.
    In the 80’s we came home with our candy swag, poured every item out onto the floor, and we started the tedious but necessary candy sort. See the thing is you only got about 8-10 different kinds of candy, so sorting was quite easy. Now, with candy made in the image of every Disney or Pixar character imaginable, the job has suddenly become harder, and so kids don’t want to bother. It’s too overwhelming. I don’t even know.

5. We lived for the look, not comfort.
    We couldn’t breathe through the plastic Wonder Woman and He-Man masks we wore, but who cared? Repping our favorite super heroes was worth withholding oxygen from our brains. Sure our costumes were fire hazards and made crinkling noises when we walked, but did it matter? Not when we had candy to collect. Oh it’s 30 degrees out? No problem, tie that plastic Transformer costume right over your snowsuit. Problem solved. Let’s get this handled, people. There is too much candy at stake.

You can read more of them here.

• TheRevenger
    TheRevenger Posts: 161 Level 3
    Options
    I know this is kind of late...
    We have never celebrated Halloween, but my aunt and uncle do. Once my uncle dressed as Caesar. It would've been cool except it was snowing outside!!!
    It snowed this year for Halloween in Michigan too!😲❄
  • _Elsa_
    Options
    Hi @TheRevenger, you can look at it another way.  You could be early for next Halloween!  Thanks for sharing.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?