Dexter Challenge: Space Race changes

Comments

• SuzyFuller
    SuzyFuller Posts: 61 Level 3
    @Pounawea Thanks for giving us the opportunity to comment. I learned of the changes when I got a flood of complaints from viewers on my youtube channel...something confirmed when I went to the cc groups I'm part of. People do not think it is a change; they think it is a glitch and are hoping the studio solves the problem quickly. Personally, I do not like the change.

I think most telling are @Elsa comments. She is an institution here and in other CC groups. She is a staunch supporter of almost all things King. But the biggest issue isn't the changes to Dexter, which she doesn't care for...it's the fact she's losing interest in the game because too many levels are produced each week. That is the third greatest complaint I hear, right after 1. King keeps reducing the number of moves on levels, making an unfair playing field. 2. We don't like these timed boosters and want the old cache boosters back. And I'm very surprised I hear that many complaints about the number of levels, because reduction of moves and timed boosters affects everyone, but the number of moves only affects the top players. 
  • ernstbln
    ernstbln Posts: 297 Level 3
    so that is how it works ! how un-nice of King to not tell us what is going on !!! I thought I was not getting any boosters for winning as I am not available when the game is over for about 4 hours. I will have to find a way to be there when game ends. why King thinks it's not important to tell us about changes is beyond me. !!!!!!!!
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited November 2019
    I used to win Dexter's Space Race week after week before I reached Level 5500. Most of the Levels beyond this point are Super Ridiculously Hard to complete. I have to stop playing more often because I always run out of lives in trying to move up. Boosters are hard to come by these days especially if you are stuck and can't move up. I used to play this game solely but now I find myself playing Mario Kart Tour 2019 more often. I don't think making Space Race a 24 hour competition would do me any good. This game is becoming more and more frustrating and less and less interesting for me now that it takes a while to complete a level.  

Below is the Video of the Super Ridiculously Hard Level 5500. If it were not for the Color Streak and a Second Chance Watch A Video, Get Extra Spin landing on 5-Extra-Moves, I wouldn't have completed this level. It was like being stuck in a Quick Sand with no one around to pull you out. It is awful!

Candy Crush Saga 5500   |  How I Completed This  SUPER HARD LEVEL
    GOAL: Clear All The Jellies! 50 In 29 Moves.
    Date Played & Recorded: November 8, 2019 @ 11:45 AM CST
    Device & Version; iPhone 6+ iOS Candy Crush Saga App

https://youtu.be/Ljch6UfjhxU

• Sharon_Loose
    Sharon_Loose Posts: 1,900 Level 5
    I totally agree with @ernstbln it would have been nice to have been warned that we only had a short time after the clock stopped to collect our award...I only managed to collect 1 out of 3 that I collected for. In principle it would be better than the original if we could claim when we have time. 
    I also agree with @Elsa that I no longer get excited that new levels are out. I now use the boosters to get the game over as quickly as possible on the first go as if it’s a chore that has to be done.
     Before windows 10 when briefly all platforms were at the same level was the best instead of us being split into 2 groups of Windows 10 and the rest of us.
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,682 Sweet Legend
    @Sharon_Loose I sure hope that I was right by saying that I only got 15 levels on Windows 10 yesterday.  You can't even begin to imagine how happy I was!  Then I read that only 15 were showing and that we had to update the game app in Microsoft to get the rest.  I closed the game, updated the app and reopened the game - same 15.  I am doing the happy dance but I bet others got 60. 

Regarding me being a tester for the Dexter change, I completed it on my mobile device but never got the reward at all!  I thought it was a glitch so I tried it a second time and never got that reward either.  That is when I chose not to try it again because I didn't need any rewards in my mobile version since I have already completed those levels. 

I am quoting you here:  "I no longer get excited that new levels are out. I now use the boosters to get the game over as quickly as possible on the first go as if it’s a chore that has to be done."

Did you take those exact words out of my head?  I also try to get them done quickly and yes I do feel that it is a chore that has to be done!  I wish those who feel like us would come here to say that so the studio knows that it's not just you and me feeling this way!

• Von_3
    Von_3 Posts: 502 Level 3
    Totally fed up that I am not getting the usual Dexter challenge. I don't want to be a test group. It has ruined the game for me as I used to look forward to it all week. Now it is a waste of time. Why oh why can't King stop messing with the game. I have togo to work like most people so a 21 hour challenge is not possible for me but 3 days plus gives me a chance.
  • Sharon_Loose
    Sharon_Loose Posts: 1,900 Level 5
    @Elsa, I’m sure everyone was saying there were only 15 levels on Windows 10, I am sure you are pleased with that. I don’t have access to windows 10 but would definitely not want to be doing 60 levels every week. I haven’t enjoyed the game as much as I used to ever since sugar drops changed to timed. I actually spend more time catching up on posts than actually playing now.
  • Glenn1972
    Glenn1972 Posts: 16,650 Pro Player 👑
    edited November 2019
    It took me by surprise but I saw it in time to make adjustments. Did not sleep well that night wondering if I would have it the next time I was able to log onto the game. It made me jumpy. I don't mind being in a test group. Just don't want it to hurt my progress or get me weary.
  • Von_3
    Von_3 Posts: 502 Level 3
    Totally fed up that I am not getting the usual Dexter challenge. I don't want to be a test group. It has ruined the game for me as I used to look forward to it all week. Now it is a waste of time. Why oh why can't King stop messing with the game. I have togo to work like most people so a 21 hour challenge is not possible for me but 3 days plus gives me a chance.
  • Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 216 Level 3
    Not really a fan of the shortened Dexter race. Real life means I can only play for a few minutes at a time here & there and 24 hours makes it impossible for me to get anywhere in the race.

Interesting though, last week I was in that test group, & this week I don’t have Dexter at all.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?