Same player constantly asking for lives

Options
sgoff61
sgoff61 Posts: 27 Level 2
I am beyond sick of constantly getting requests for lives from the same player many, many times a day.  I will gladly send a life to anyone who asks for one once in a while, but I'm not sending any to someone who is constantly harassing me.  We really, really need a way to block abusive or harassing players, or at the very least a way to delete these requests which pile up by dozens per day.

Comments

• lyng
    lyng Posts: 56 Level 2
    Options
    I don't see a problem with giving lives, they are your friends surely. It only takes a moment to press 'send'

Do you never ask for lives yourself?
    Unfriend them on Facebook and surely you won't get the requests?

Your comment makes you sound like an angry person, chill x

• zorp
    zorp Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    You can get lives by changing your time on your clock ahead a few hours. Then get back to your game. Make sure you go back to your settings and change your clock back to the correct time. 
  • Maria_Colella
    Maria_Colella Posts: 233 Level 3
    Options
    I agree I always get the request from same person for a  a few lives a day.  At first I just sent them, but I noticed they never send me lives!  So I stopped sending.  And yes the request remains in my box and builds up each day.

• hunnjc22
    hunnjc22 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Does anyone know how to stop getting requests for lives from a computer and not an actual person?
  • Glenn1972
    Glenn1972 Posts: 16,650 Pro Player 👑
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I can understand what is being said here but remember some are not as fortunate. They may be asking you because they look up to you. In some cases they may not be as fortunate in the way you may be.
    We are all just walking each other this life...…...
    Just enjoy your time playing your game.
  • Glenn1972
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @sgoff @Maria_Colella I would like to share this tip with you. There will come a time in your game when you will need those lives. So save them. - Important -  Do not accept one until you have run out of your own lives. - Only then go to your stored lives and except one. - Just one - If you need another go back and accept another one - Just one. -  Do this all thru your game.
  • sgoff61
    Options
    Glenn1972 said:
    I would like to share this tip with you.  There will come a time in your game when you will need those lives. So save them. - Important -  Do not accept one until you have run out of your own lives. - Only then go to your stored lives and except one. - Just one - If you need another go back and accept another one - Just one. -  Do this all thru your game.
    @Glenn1972 ... What are you talking about?  What lives are you suggesting we save?  This post is about the same people constantly begging us to SEND LIVES to them, not about someone sending lives to us.  IF they were sending a life every time they asked for one, no one would have a problem sending lives to them in return, and posts like mine would not exist.  In other words, these people are not sending lives so we don't have any stored lives to save, therefore making it a moot point.  And for the record, although I don't know what level the others who have commented here are on, I happen to be on level 2345 but even people on very low levels know that we can have no more than 5 active lives at a time, which means that they would also know better than to accept more lives than they have room for at any given time ... again, IF people where actually sending us lives.  I guess I just don't understand the reason for your comment other than maybe to boost your number of posts and be awarded a shiny little badge for participation. 
  • sgoff61
    Options
    lyng said:
    I don't see a problem with giving lives, they are your friends surely. It only takes a moment to press 'send'

Do you never ask for lives yourself?
    Unfriend them on Facebook and surely you won't get the requests?

Your comment makes you sound like an angry person, chill x

@lyng ... Point #1:  I don't have a problem with sending lives.  What I do have a problem with is, as I stated, the same person constantly begging for lives to the point that I cannot enjoy the game without being harassed.

Point #2, regarding "they are your friends surely":  No, they are surely  NOT my friends.  They are random people whom I have never even heard of before.

Point #3, regarding "it only takes a moment to press 'send'":  Apparently you don't understand the magnitude of this situation or the sheer volume of requests they send per day.  If I were to send every life they request, I wouldn't have time to play the game myself, so what would be the point?

Point #4:  No, I do not ask for lives myself.  Partly because I did two or three times when I first started playing this game and NO ONE responded, so I know that it would be a waste of time.  And partly because I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of constant harassment and I choose not to harass other people while they are trying to relieve a little stress.  Instead, I play until I run out of lives and then I stop and wait for them to build up again.

Point #5:  Refer to Point #2.  It is impossible to "unfriend them on Facebook" when they are not your real friends to begin with and you have no idea who they are.

And finally, Point #6:  You would be angry too if the few minutes of time you had to destress every few hours were stolen by some stranger who has nothing better to do than beg and harass you.
  • Glenn1972
    Options
    Hi @sgoff61 If they are not sending lives back with respect, maybe that is your cue to stop sending lives. Then he may or may not get the message. Thank you for your response,
    Kind regards,
    Glenn
  • sgoff61
    Options
    @Glenn1972 ... That's the whole point, I stopped sending the lives months ago but I still get the requests constantly, and there is no way to delete them or to block the person from sending them, and it's ridiculous that King allows that type of behavior without giving us any way to stop or counter it.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?