The Cosmic Climb event is here! Let us know what you think

Options

Comments

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,952 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Thanks @Pounawea. I think (I hope) I’ll be in the top 10 for the first round but I’ve done all the new levels so it’s doubtful I’ll make it past the second round and there isn’t a chance to win the third round. I even went back and replayed a few old levels where I didn’t have 3 stars but I didn’t always succeed and when I did it was only an additional 1 or 2 stars - where I still won’t be able to compete with those at the lower levels. I would absolutely adore winning that prize and I will definitely cheer on my friends who are at the lower levels and wish them the best of luck. 
    Also I love all the holiday themes and appreciate the ‘stuff the stockings’ instead of the Build a Bot. 😊👍🐨💕
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    Options
    SagaR said:
     A four-year old maybe would be thrilled, but you seriously expect your adult game players to go for this?
    @SagaR You hit the nail on the head. It seems King forgets who their key demographic is. Kids put aside Candy Crush long ago and instead now play Fortnite and Pokemon. The average CCS players - adults - aren't interested in flashy designs. Tiffi could be a stick figure for all I care. :chuffed: Just give us more opportunities to get further in the game - with useful boosters.

@Pounawea I'm glad you clarified in your recent post that "At the end of each challenge, players in the top 10 positions will receive a chest with boosters as a reward." :open_mouth: Didn't expect that after all the hype about the grand prize being a chance to design a character - I figured that was the only reward.

I'm too far behind to catch up now (last place), but maybe this detail will convince others to participate. Would you happen to know what the booster rewards are exactly?

I also appreciate you mentioning "Also, I'm getting to know that some of you would like to have a way to navigate easily through the map and you already mentioned this idea in the past." since it sounds like you understand its significance. Yes, that's probably the #1 thing players would like since it'd save valuable time from our day. That I look forward to seeing (fingers crossed).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 15,585 Level 2
    Options

Here's my latest score!

Tell me everyone what do you think about my score? ;)

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    Options
    @Werner_Cichy I'll race you to last place. 😂 26 for me!
  • Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Hi @Pounawea

This event is nice, but in my case it's a worthless event. I'm always looking forward to the new level. So according to the timeline of the event, no opportunity was given for me. 😂
    I can't appreciate the event. 😉
  • SeraphicStar
    SeraphicStar Posts: 4,536 Legend
    Options
    Aw @Sukanta_Biswas , at least you are in top levels CCS O.o

I'm only like in the mid 1100's on there 😕

However, I will say I'm eager to see how this Cosmic Climb event shapes up, but I'm wondering who exactly gets to go to the Semi's based on rankings? Is it like only the top 3, top 5, or top 10 similar to how Dexter's Climb works?
  • Werner_Cichy
    Werner_Cichy Posts: 29,249 Crushing Legend
    Options
    @Deryck
    At least not the last place!  :(:( 
    28th place :angry:

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,845 Level 5
    Options
    Hey there @Pounawea
    Well let me be rolled in chocolate and dipped in sprinkles (like a Color Bomb). I made it to position number 7. Maybe I do not have a chance to win this contest but I definitely was able to participate in the 1st leg of the contest. 

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,952 Candy Moderator
    Options
    @SeraphicStar - you have to make it into the top 10 to progress to the next round.  @Deryck I made it to #3 and I received 30 minutes of a color bomb and a coconut wheel.  It looks like @MightyWolf made it to number 1 - so maybe he can share what the 1st place prize was.

I doubt I'll make it into the top 10 the next round since I only get 45 new levels each week and I went back to some old levels to get 1-2 stars here and there which got me to the third position (vice 5th) - but it was very slow going and I don't have many of those opportunities left.
  • Pounawea
    Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager
    Options
    Dear community,

congratulations to all of you that reached the top 10 of your rankings at the very end of the Round 1! 

Please keep sharing with the community your final scores. 🙂

Remember that in order to move to the next stage, it’s essential that you return to the game at the end of the first round to discover if you’re in the top 10 or not!

What's next? 

For players that qualified for the next round, let's have a look again at the Event Schedule:
    • The Semi-final round begins December 6th and it ends December 9th

For players that did not qualify? Stay tuned because very soon another event will start! Can you imagine which one? 

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?