💡 Please only post ideas on how we can improve the game Candy Crush Saga!
🔎 Before posting, check our ideas guide HERE
🚨 Looking for help? Head over to our Support and FAQ:s

Bring back the ability to reset the board

bearwithme
bearwithme Posts: 15,799 Candy Moderator
The recent change by the studio no longer allows players to reset the board without losing a life.  However it also means that any additional booster (CB/Stripe-wrap/fish/check mark) you may have started with will be lost as well as losing a level in your stocking/build a bot and getting a gold crown for finishing the first time. People who have been playing for many years have come to depend on this ability to reset the board.  Please vote if you wish the studios to bring back the ability to reset the board.
155 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• firebombmarkus
    firebombmarkus Posts: 13,110 Sweet Legend
    edited December 2019
    Hi @bearwithme I think this is a great idea! I've seen players not being so happy about this and I understand the frustration. The voice of the players needs to be heard! Thank you so much for posting this idea 🙏🏻 
  • pvalla2
    pvalla2 Posts: 50 Level 3
    Losing the option of being able to reset a board to get a more favorable setup just started for me yesterday at level 5901.  In the past, King has made other changes that negatively impacted  playing this game and I have patiently waited and continued playing while the players’ outcry finally resulted in King fixing the unwelcome change.  I have contacted King and am waiting on a response to this latest change.   If this doesn’t get fixed fairly quickly, it’s a game changer for me and I will cease playing. @Elsa can you help?  
  • Tzvi_Marcu
    Tzvi_Marcu Posts: 2,544 Level 5
    Me and many players think that in the last time, you are doing to many changes to the game that cause us to be stressful and angry instead to enjoy playing. It is important to Reset a board before you start without loosing a life or boosters of Build-a-Bot.
  • oliver56
    oliver56 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Losing the option to reset the board is totally unfair, for one losing lives or booster is enough but you make these changes when people should be able to decide if they want to play that unfair hard level and your boosters are blocked or lock and can't use them. I been playing for years now on level 5445 and buying booster this may be a game changer for me please return reset menu.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,638 Sweet Legend
  • portlandmorgan
    portlandmorgan Posts: 3 Newbie
    I agree with the my fellow crushers, this is a game changer for me. I've also been playing for a long time (Level 5064) and being able to be strategic is key in this game. Some of these levels are near impossible without taking a look at the board before I swipe away. Making us lose or waste boosters we've won or bought is a pretty lame way to thank us for playing. I'd love to see this fixed quickly as right now it feels like I'm just hacking away at a nightmare level, getting no where but frustrated. This seems punitive to the players and that's not a good look or feel. Please change asap
  • amandath
    amandath Posts: 8 Level 2
    I really don’t like that you can’t reset the board! I accidentally hit the wrong level (which I had just won) and it sucks that I’m either forced to play or lose a life if I back out before even making a swipe! This game just became a less enjoyable. And I’m on level 4605....I play quite a bit 😞
  • Rose_Petal
    Rose_Petal Posts: 22 Level 2
    edited December 2019
    Not sure what the advantage is to King to penalize players for resetting a board.  Players can't control what new boards will show and players should not lose their boosters when resetting.  It will just make me stop using boosters and ultimately will stop playing.  Not fun, not interesting, not fair, not player friendly.  
    Also, if I happen to open the wrong level, I lose a life when I quit and reopen the correct level?  This is just a poorly considered corruption to a long standing strategic feature.  King keeps taking away strategy for those of us who might have half a brain.  
  • satnam
    satnam Posts: 848 Level 5
  • Leigh_Ann-2
    Leigh_Ann-2 Posts: 8 Level 2
    It's not just about being able to reset for a more favorable board. If you accidentally open the wrong level you can either close and lose a life and possible booster or play and hope you win and keep it all. Also sometimes we like to open older levels just to look at them to help someone having trouble or see if it might be a good level for collecting various colors of candies for the different challenges. Sometimes you just need to open a level and look at it. Now we can't without being penalized.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?