No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited December 2019
    Just for Clarification

According to some people here in this Community, resetting the board has been
    existing for 8 years. It can't be because Candy Crush Saga was released on
    April 12, 2012. I don't know if it started on the day it was released.

I joined this Community early this year. I have been playing this game since
    its release but had no idea that people were resetting their board for years 
    till I joined a discussion where members were talking about it. 
    I started using it. It was really helpful in completing levels that are
    extremely difficult or impossible to pass without boosters,  
     especially when boosters are hard to come by.

Let's just hope that King Games and the Team will bring this back.

Hopefully soon! 
  • moconnor
    moconnor Posts: 3 Newbie
    I signed up for an account just to tell you that your 'fix' is the end for me. I have been playing Candy Crush since it was released and have been at the finish line for years.  I'm on 5889 now and I will not play another until reshuffle is reinstated.  The game is impossible without it at the high levels and you are crazy if you think dedicated players like me will ever reward you greed!
  • Backagarfen
    Backagarfen Posts: 1 Newbie
    As many others I registered here only because of the change that ment loosing life if quitting the game before the first move. For me the opportunity to look at the board ment both a thing that made the game more interesting - to choose a good starting board has very much became a special thrill in the game. Secondly I frankly is not interesting in playing boards I beforehand realize won’t work. It’s only boring and take time I don’t  have. 

The explanation that this update fixed a thing that you didn’t mean to have from start  is ridiculous and disrespectful - with that type of logic we wouldnt have penicillin, dynamite, cornflakes,  etc etc. None of them were ment to be. 

Of course you can choose to see the possibility to restart the game at starting point as a thing that strenghtens the game and keep the possibility -  if you want to. You are in control. 

Change it back. Please.
  • stewcam17
    stewcam17 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Like many I have created an account just to add to the voice of players who have said this change has ruined the game for them. I’m on level 5875 so I’m not too shabby at the game, but since this change a few days ago I have not passed the current level I am on which is just a ‘normal’ level. I know that unless the game’s algorithms decide, I am highly unlikely to pass this level any time soon. Being able to reshuffle a level to get a more favourable chance of passing it requires dedication and also a level of skill to understand the advantage you are gaining. My drive (addiction) has been to pass all new levels released each week and frankly without the reset opportunity this impossible. In a matter of days this ‘fix’ has sucked all the enjoyment out of the game with my enthusiasm waning fast. In reality if it doesn’t get ‘unfixed’ I’ll stop playing because what’s the point if it’s not fun? A really shame but maybe it’s a good thing so I do something else with my spare time. I’m not angry just disappointed.
  • TurboTim66
    TurboTim66 Posts: 49 Level 2
    Come on King - Where are you? Cat got your tongue? Speak up - admit you got this wrong.
    Let us see if you are good enough people to know when you messed up really badly. Imagine how many feel this way and could not be bothered to tell you, they just left. Everyone here is really not happy - you get that don't you.
    Whoever made this decision, you have introduced me at my age, to a new all time lowest ever level of stupid. Lets see if you listen to us - the ones who pay your wages.

Lets see if you respect your users.
  • Ravi10
    Ravi10 Posts: 2 Newbie
    I hate the change so much! angry
    I test it out and it's the worst thing I've ever seen in the game! confounded
  • Ravi10
    Ravi10 Posts: 2 Newbie
  • kvr1185
    kvr1185 Posts: 5 Level 2
    What I see is if you back out not only so you loose a life you also loose the selected boots. I made a mistake and went into a level with boosts checked.  I did not do any moves and immediately backed out and had one less of each boost 
  • bloodspitter2000
    bloodspitter2000 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited December 2019
    I signed up just like so many others to say **EDIT: RUDE** King!
  • xofxof
    xofxof Posts: 13 Level 2
    Yesterday I thought „give it a chance“ and picked up playing only to see me waste 4 coconut wheels because it was put on some impossible to use location in a row. That‘s frustrating as it takes such a long time To collect those boosters and then you just waste it for nothing. Why have starter boosters at all then?

changes in a game play should mean improvement or bringing extra joy to it, but this just frustrates and makes the whole game just much less fun. It doesn’t bring extra complexity to it which we could like for having more challenge. It just wastes boosters. I don’t even think that will lead to people buying more because paying money for something that gets randomly wasted makes no sense. 

King, change it back!

you See here people playing for years just signing into this forum only to say this. Hear the voices of your gamers that were loyal to this game for years and just change it back. You don’t loose reputation, you will gain it because you listen to your customers. 
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?