No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• xoxolo
    xoxolo Posts: 16 Level 2
    Hey king thanks for burying my coconut wheel under a blocker on an extremely hard level.   We should be able to drop our boosters where we want them if we can’t reset the game. 
  • Rybray
    Rybray Posts: 1 Newbie
    This “fix” doesn’t even make sense. Anyone ever accidentally click on a booster you don’t really intend to use as you enter a level, and go “ooops...I didn’t want to use that”? 
    So you exit the level, unselect it, & go back in. 
    Not anymore apparently!! Now the choices are to play & waste the booster OR lose the booster AND a life?? 

Ridiculous!!! 
    :( 
  • kfdover
    kfdover Posts: 14 Level 2
    I’m not making another purchase unless they fix these issues   
  • freb
    freb Posts: 23 Level 2
    LMAO at the fools who implemented this "fix". Enjoy all the well-deserved hate, you inept dopes.

• pmor
    pmor Posts: 10 Level 2
    I have never posted here or on the helpblogspot but since I'm going to be quitting the game I decided to give my 2 cents. I have been playing for probably 4 years and am in the 4800s in terms of levels. I have seen lots of complaints on the blogspot but in general have always found a way to get the game to have some strategy vs just luck. At first it was in the games themselves, then as levels became ridiculously difficult, it became a strategy of which boosters to use, then sugar drops were changed and the bots added and it became a strategy of resetting the game to start with the combo I thought would best help me win. If all else failed I'd go to the blogspot and the servers behind the scenes would communicate "hey we made some $ off her with the ads" and I'd magically pass within the next time or two. I haven't spent any $ on boosters but have used blogspot a ton so the ads I've been served have made King plenty of $ via that mechanism. Now as the revenue model has increasingly become unsustainable (which any corporate idiot should have figured from the start would happen with the model they chose) they've taken away reset and basically we are left with a game of slots. Some people like slots - paying $ to play same thing over and over and over and over...not me sooooo boring. And of course with slots there's the ability to win cash - not with this game.$. So with quite a bit of regret I will stop playing because, well, it's soooo boring. 
  • wjgibbsy
    wjgibbsy Posts: 2 Newbie
    Katsby said:
    DomH said:
    King - You need to allow a player to restart or a bunch of us will quit the game.  Why would you make the game harder?

Simple.  To make more money for them.  We'd lose our boosters and lives quicker.  

• wjgibbsy
    wjgibbsy Posts: 2 Newbie
    4000 levels and after this "fix" it's jut not fun anymore. I am uninstalling today!!
  • lnj4ever
    lnj4ever Posts: 2 Newbie
    sari78 said:
    I found this site searching to see why this had changed... I’ve registered in this forum just to say I’ll be deleting the game now  :p it’s ruined it for me!!
    To funny, I did the same exact thing. Over the past month I spent a few hundred dollars on coins, well no more. I was already quitting the game to find another that is not as divisive when I found this forum, if anyone has suggestions please let me know. From the many reviews, it appears many other invested users will be doing the same. I’m sure King considered this and determined ultimately the return on investment (ROI) for the change was worth it, let’s see if their right!  My suspicion is they will be loosing more revenue then they expected, and I for one will not come back even if they revert the change, simply because of the way they presented it, calling it a fix when it was obviously a way to generate even more revenue (users will need to buy more coins to get more lives and boosts as they no longer can reset boards, created at “random”, lol). Sounds like the softening profits will continue to decline, and the “fix” intended to improve the falling profits will actually make it worse. Whoever came up with this “fix” should start polishing up their resume, in time the Executives are going to see this was a terrible idea. Farewell, best wishes to any remaining sheep, lamb is tasty. 😊
  • lnj4ever
    lnj4ever Posts: 2 Newbie
    It was definitely a “fix”, it just wasn’t a fix for a glitch, instead a fix to increase profits. ruined it for me!!

Over the past month I spent a few hundred dollars on coins, well no more. I truly enjoyed the game, and accepted the incremental changes that gradually eroded the quality and value in the name of profits, though this was the final straw. If anyone has suggestions on other games I can play to replace this please let me know.

From the many reviews, it appears many other invested users will be doing the same. I’m sure King considered this and determined ultimately the return on investment (ROI) for the change was worth it, let’s see if their right!  My suspicion is they will be loosing more revenue then they expected, and I for one will not come back even if they revert the change, simply because of the way they presented it, calling it a fix when it was obviously a way to generate even more revenue (users will need to buy more coins to get more lives and boosts as they no longer can reset boards, created at “random”, lol). Sounds like the softening profits will continue to decline, and the “fix” intended to improve the falling profits will actually make it worse. Whoever came up with this “fix” should start polishing up their resume, in time the Executives are going to see this was a terrible idea.

Farewell, best wishes to any remaining sheep, lamb is tasty. 😊
  • kfdover
    kfdover Posts: 14 Level 2
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?