No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• thefixisinonfixes
    thefixisinonfixes Posts: 9 Level 2
    There are a number of reasons that us active and long time players are upset and angry over this change. 

First, calling it a "fix" to a "known issue" is patently absurd.  You're telling us that in all these years, King couldn't find coders to correct this if it was indeed a "known issue"?  Poppycock!  Don't insult us with doublespeak and, frankly, bull(crap.)  King is successful due to the number of active players that can be "sold" to advertisers, and the money we spend on the game.  It's very insulting to attempt to deceive us with lies under the guise of a "fix."  On the surface it appears to be a money grab, one that I believe will backfire.

Secondly, what does King lose by not "fixing" a non-issue?  From what I've read, King was still highly profitable during the "issue" years and people were still spending plenty of money in the stores.  It may have prevented some players from impulsively buying lives and/or boosters but it clearly didn't stop in-app spending and King's profits.  Not to mention the ill-will and anger generated by this "fix" to a non-issue.  I have no doubt that some players will quit.  Most of the people I knew who played years ago quit years ago, and now King has potentially disenfranchised a large swath of Candy Crush loyalists. Less active players + bad reviews = disinterest among advertisers and less profit for King.

Which leads me to my last reason that this "fix" is incredibly ill-conceived and that's the potential negative financial impact this may have on King.  Once it dawns on players that backing out of a level to reshuffle the board causes them to lose both lives and boosters, who in their right mind will still purchase either?  I wouldn't, that's for certain.  Real life example:  I buy a shirt.  Try it on with a pair of pants and it's just not the right look.  Do I throw the shirt away?   No.  I reshuffle the outfit with a different shirt or bottom but I don't toss the whole thing out and proceed to jump out the window.  Extreme, maybe.  But your players are spending real money on digital items and you're expecting the players to accept that if the combo doesn't work that all should be tossed out.  People will buy LESS lives and boosters knowing that King does not value their purchases or their hard-earned money.  Not to mention decreased ad revenue as players leave.  Also, with the recent acquisition by Blizzard, I can't imagine that investors would be happy knowing that so many players are so vehemently opposed to this change that they're quitting altogether.  Not good PR when the cash-cow selling point for King has thoroughly disenfranchised those that made it profitable.

Didn't you have a cost-benefit analysis of how this could totally backfire, or were you all too blinded by glimmering dollar signs to think this through?
  • Ashaleene
    Ashaleene Posts: 4 Newbie
    I deleted this game from my phone I was at level 5826 or something like that and it was a nightmarishly hard level with no boosters and lives gone in minutes because of this ‘fix’, to preview the board without loss of life did not deter me from buying boosters etc I felt I got a good starting chance to try and beat a level... I consider myself a top player given the dedication I’ve given to this game and I feel that King is capitalising on what they presume to be addicts who’ll take this new change and continue to play. Wrong without us this game does not survive... without striving to get to the latest level you lost the loyal customers 
  • liviulaur
    liviulaur Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited December 2019
    **EDIT: Unsupported Language** Eu propun sa ii taxam cu o ⭐️In appstore sau google play și o recenzie negativă pana remediază. Eu am făcut-o deja.  Rușine Candy Crush de la lvl 5230 👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽
  • thefixisinonfixes
    thefixisinonfixes Posts: 9 Level 2
    AzMaz said:

I am extremely dissapointed about their lack of care for us, their long time devoted players. That is evident from the ridiculous guise that is their comment about “fixing the issue”. That is the most condescending comment I have, as a customer, ever received from a business.  
    I agree wholeheartedly with this, AzMaz.  It's terribly condescending and insulting to those of us who have played for years.
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,118 Level 5
    Pounawea said:

I would also like to confirm that, for now, there are no plans to undo this change in the game. However, due to your feedback, the Studio will be looking into this, we acknowledge the want to be able to preview the levels and will be looking into different ways on how we could incorporate that into the game. 

Last but not least, an open question: Can you think of a different way for us to preview levels in the game?
    If yes, please share it with us here and I'll be taking it to the Studio! Let's discuss together ideas and options that could be implemented to the game in the future!
    @Pounawea Like I said before, I don't especially mind if the shuffle ability is gone since one of my accounts never had that feature at all and I learned how to work around it. But I do feel members have voiced a valid criticism: if players choose to back out of a board and lose the life, fine. But they should not lose any selected boosters or layers from their Build-A-Bot/Space Dash/etc. event while doing so; incorporate that, King.

Also, thanks for voicing the above since I believe I was the first to mention being unable to preview levels and see your reply as acknowledging what I wrote. To be honest, the old way of previewing the level on the old Flash version was perfect; just do that.

And seeing this as a positive sign of being heard, I'd like to express another useful and wanted feature: trading in stored boosters for gold bars. Currently, players can buy boosters by spending a certain amount of gold bars; why can't we receive the same amount of gold bars for trading the booster in?

@JethrinaBodina You wrote: "Please, tell me, what happened to the option to watch videos for extra moves and boosters?? That inconsistency is mind-boggling," 
    On the subject of inconsistency, here's something you may not know: many players like myself never had this feature of being able to watch videos for extra moves or boosters. I believe it's something only iOS/mobile players have? But for sure it's not a feature in the Win 10 app. So to get consistency here, either everyone should have the feature you mention or no one should.

• Dinerboy
    Dinerboy Posts: 9 Level 2
    Ponder this from a player's perspective, within the context of buying boosts, because that's how King monetizes the game.

If you open a board and your boosts are located in lousy positions, you've just lost those boosts with no realistic expectation of them helping you beat a tough board.  If this is the norm, are you *more* or *less* likely to spend money on boosts?  The higher probability of having a booster simply go to waste will be a disincentive to spending money on them.

You already nerfed the game by eliminating all non-timed boost drops but the hammers from the Sugar Drops, meaning that players can't accrue an inventory of boosts to try and bull through some of the toughest levels.  Players seem to have adapted - I did.  It certainly changed how I play, for one thing.  Now, I put time into playing old boards, to collect my full batch of Sugar Drops, before playing the new boards, and start the timer when I get to a tough new board.  This style of play means I'm racking up a lot of game time in situations where I *won't * buy boosts (or gold bars for extra moves, which is where I typically spent my money).  I wonder if you've seen an increase or decrease in revenue from that change - I'd not be surprised if it were negative.

Now, you recognize that the new change has angered the player base, and have asked for suggestions as to how to preview boards without restoring the previous functionality.  Why?  Can't you admit it was a bad move and undo it?  Are you worried about some sort of precedent?  Is it such a bad thing to respond to the desires of your players?  

Here, full disclosure about my game play.

I'm  at the top of your game.  Every Wednesday, I complete the first of the three new episodes you drop, and collect my 5 gold bards for being first. Every Thursday, I complete the second.  Every Friday, I complete the third.  I play twice a day, morning and evening.  Each "session," I collect a full batch of 180 sugar drops, and start the 8 hour timer for the next one.  THEN, I play the new levels.  Saturday-Tuesday, I still play 2x a day, but mostly only run old levels and collect sugar drops so that I can restock on hammers (the only permanent boost that you left us from the Sugar Drops - you even did away with gold bars).  It's a bit boring those days, but it serves to kill time (I often play while watching television or listening to music), but restocking hammers keeps me in a position to play the game the way I like.

If your goal is to bleed out all my accumulated boosts and force me to buy more, well, you've failed.  I don't mind buying gold bars for extra moves from time to time, but now I won't even do that.  

I'll stick around another week or two and see if you guys come to your senses.  If not, I'm gone. A zillion other games out there.
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    Ashaleene said:
    I deleted this game from my phone I was at level 5826 or something like that and it was a nightmarishly hard level with no boosters and lives gone in minutes because of this ‘fix’, to preview the board without loss of life did not deter me from buying boosters etc I felt I got a good starting chance to try and beat a level... I consider myself a top player given the dedication I’ve given to this game and I feel that King is capitalising on what they presume to be addicts who’ll take this new change and continue to play. Wrong without us this game does not survive... without striving to get to the latest level you lost the loyal customers 
    PROOF POSITIVE, KING! PAY ATTENTION!
    This person PAID to play even with the reset option. When you are having fun and beating levels You are MORE likely to payto keep going because You are EXCITED! Now these players are just ANGRY, FRUSTRATED, and DISGUSTED. I think this can be described as the OPPOSITE of what you hoped to achieve because you "would rather we buy gold bars and boosters".
    Whoever you are, you really are the biggest IDIOT on the planet and have just started a revolt. You have driven your most loyal players to turn their back on ALL of your games, not just CCS. If this was the stock market, you would be hiding under a table as your stock plummets and your stockholders call for your head.
     You are effectively throwing money away by pissing off ALL of the players that spend money on your Nightmarishly Hard levels. I am stuck on 2420 and have been playing it for days with the boosters I have left. I won the Dexter race to Pudding Planet and have six hours with bombs and striped/wrapped candies. I run out of lives in 15 minutes and have gone through over 100. Yes, 100. I don't know why I haven't quit, but I was winning the race with other levels and hoped the boosters would let me get it. NOPE.
     I refuse to pay for unlimited lives, they will not help me get through this level. I need HAMMERS and extra moves and without VIDEOS I cannot get them. I cannot earn gold because I can't get through this level. 

I've watched this discussion go from 15 to 27 pages in 24 hours and this is only the beginning. The revolution has begun, your sponsors are being inundated with complaints about you and it's time run an audit to see how many players you've already lost so you can PLUG THE HOLE before it's a LOST CAUSE. Only YOU can save yourself from going down in history as the first gaming platform to be banned out of existence by it's own PLAYERS. STOP TAKING PLAYERS FOR GRANTED, it's a HUGE mistake to underestimate the POWER OF THE MASSES. Just ask Peloton...their stock lost a billion dollars OVERNIGHT after ONE person started a social media blitz over a stupid COMMERCIAL! 
  • howdu2u
    howdu2u Posts: 1 Newbie
    Cheers King, after years of addiction you have cured me, my last game today just short of level 5000, how to ruin a game in one silly update, good bye candy crush saga.
  • carlross
    carlross Posts: 1 Newbie
    Fix? Are you kidding? You have got to be joking! This is such a poor decision to implement a fix to something that isn’t actually broken, and then have the cheek to try and justify it.
    Please reverse this, it has such a negative effect in gameplay, and quite frankly makes me seriously consider uninstalling this game. 
    For someone who has completed over 4000 levels, that is not a path taken lightly.
    You have made a mistake, please use common sense and fix the mistake!!!
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,118 Level 5
    JLou1504 said:
    I need friends in here! Please add me if possible. :)

@JLou1504 Sure, what's your Candy Crush email account?
    I'll send you a friend invite on the King.com platform.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?