No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• Gggrrrrr
    Gggrrrrr Posts: 7 Level 2
    I have been playing this every day since 2014. I am SO CROSS at the new change...not being able to reset a level without losing a life...I love this game, it's the only one I play. I am seriously considering leaving, and will NOT be buying any boosters. As many others have said it is unfair and will cost you customers, and those of us who play will no longer be able to recommend this as a fun and good value game. Reputational damage is hard to undo...
  • Gggrrrrr
    Gggrrrrr Posts: 7 Level 2
    Also I have never had the opportunity others do to watch videos and earn boosters....why ? 
  • Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,121 Level 5
    @Gggrrrrr I think that feature's only for iOS/mobile players. I saw it on my nephew's iPad once. It's not in my Win 10 app though.
  • Mim_
    Mim_ Posts: 636 Level 4
    I have reached level 6005 without buying boosters. I have to do some levels over and over again as I have only very few boosters that I've earnt each week. I will not buy anymore. @Sukanta_Biswas does what he can to help when theres a glitch as those levels cannot be done without many many boosters. The worst thing they could of done now is to take away the chance we had to restart the game without losing a life.
  • Benni_Jones
    Benni_Jones Posts: 34 Level 2
    Wrote King, no answer. Played a few levels today, won 2, won't keep trying on the third. I'm in the 3600's, CC was a fun thing to do, now I feel they are playing me for a sucker. I have other games I can play. 
  • Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Candy Moderator
    Hi @Mim_
    I've been playing since the birth of the game, but never got the chance. However, I've been listening to many and thought it was a test feature.😉 I later confirmed it was a error that game studio has been successful in solving.
    I think the error will not come back.😂
  • crankinbeat
    crankinbeat Posts: 53 Level 2

Regarding this so-called “fix” (I keep trying to post this comment, but for whatever reason it won’t post):

I’ve been playing this game off and on since 2013. I recently came back last year (2018) after a very long sabbatical and started with the 1st level as a kind of challenge.

In the past year or so, I’ve learned a lot about the game in terms of how to get free boosters and gold (i.e. including how to very efficiently in a fast way - do sugar drops twice a day; something that long time users should definitely know about, but I guess some don’t for whatever reason), winning various contests and so on (this also includes a way to - at times - get unlimited boosters by signing in and out of Facebook if on a mobile, something that I’m pretty sure 99% of the people are likely unaware of). If anyone needs advice on any of these tips and tricks, just message me, although I’m sure MANY people will now be quitting (sorry to digress).

However, I believe that this so-called “fix” [sic] - AFTER 6+ years (!) - is total BS. The only thing I can think of as the reason that King came out with this so-called “fix,” is greed and the fact that they just want to make MORE money. I’m glad that unlike many/most (?) other players, I did not spend any money (only because I was fortunate enough to know a lot of tips and tricks in terms of how to get free boosters, gold, lives, etc). But of course, I would probably be even way more peeved - and I already am as it is - if I did spend a lot money. 

I’m one of the players like many of the other veterans here, that waits each week for new levels to be added. I just completed the highest level (5915) a few days ago (the highest for iOS as of 12-9-19), but with this “fix,” I definitely don’t think this will be as fun as it used to be - it’s already VERY hard as it is - and I definitely feel that King has pulled off a big “con.”

But I especially feel bad for all of the people that either haven’t advanced as high as I have, or people that just started playing a few months ago. 

Hey King: please listen to all of your customers and do the RIGHT THING. Reverse this totally horrendous decision regarding this so-called “fix” (that was NEVER an issue for over 6+ years! 🤔) - and bring back our ability to exit the board/reset the board and not lose a life if not making a move - otherwise, many people definitely will be quitting. And less customers = less money, right?

Thanks for letting me speak my mind and thanks for reading my “vent.”

• probabilitycloud
    probabilitycloud Posts: 15 Level 2
    I joined this forum only to find why roughly 20 gold bars disappeared from my account. I stumbled across the “fix” controversy and said my 2 cents (never pay & now never watch the revenue-generating ads for any benefit, boosters or lives). It’s refreshing to be playing so much less. I’m reading a book!

Now, CC has given me an “insight giver” badge. I’ve no idea what this is, nor whether it somehow benefits me - and I don’t care. I hereby give it back to any CC employee who can answer my original question: Why did 20 bars disappear?
  • mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited December 2019
    @Pounawea

Good! You finally changed your first misleading Thread Title!  Was it that hard to put an appropriate title to this topic? Grammatically, your new title is still not right. Why not hit this topic straight to the heart by saying Resetting The Board Will Cost You A Life and Probably More? Wouldn't that sound better?  

By the way, if this change is permanent, stop giving the Community Members false hope! It is not making the situation any better.

Let's be honest, the Free Board Reset was not and has never been an unintended issue as you claimed. It was placed on the board for years for a purpose of getting the players hooked on it. It wasn't an oversight! An oversight in plain sight for 7 long years is questionable. Don't you agree? This is a business strategy! Everything done in Candy Crush Saga are interrelated from Free Board Reset to level moves reduction, making levels harder - - to asking members for individual feedback on what they like and enjoy in the game - - to the 2 recent Video Contests with winners randomly selected to win prizes. These were all used to collect data on how addicted the players are. From what it seems, although the timing was unfavorable, since you have sufficient reason to pull the plug, being a Holiday Season is not a cause of concern on your part.

Please tell King Games and the Team that the only way you can make this right is by putting this Free Board Reset built-in feature back in the game to save face. It is not too late to do the right thing. If the Grinch can change, why not King? I am sure these players/members will be forgiving. Besides, this is the Holiday Season! Please don't dampen anyone's Christmas spirit! You don't want to end this Holiday and Year on a bad note. I am sure you don't want to start the year with players not trusting you. Please don't show them that money is all you care about!
  • crankinbeat
    crankinbeat Posts: 53 Level 2
    edited December 2019
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?