No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• Jean_Rogers
    Jean_Rogers Posts: 6 Level 2
    xofxof said:
    Pounawea said:
    Last but not least, an open question: Can you think of a different way for us to preview levels in the game?

• Jean_Rogers
    Jean_Rogers Posts: 6 Level 2
    Pounawea said:

Last but not least, an open question: Can you think of a different way for us to preview levels in the game?

Did I read this right? Are WE being asked for a way to preview levels? Sorta not our job.

I replay levels to collect sugar drops. Without memorizing past levels or making an exhaustive list of "good" ones, I open levels and then close them again if they're not what I want to play. I'll blow through a lot of lives doing that if there's no preview or no free reset.

I'd prefer a free reset. But short of that, I'd like a preview. Otherwise, I'm plenty unhappy and am spending much less time on the game.

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    Pounawea said:
    Dear community,

open question: Can you think of a different way for us to preview levels in the game?
    If yes, please share it with us here and I'll be taking it to the Studio! Let's discuss together ideas and options that could be implemented to the game in the future!

Hi there, @Pounawea !     

Why ask for a different way of Previewing Levels when there was one that worked well for years until it was yanked on December 4?  I'll answer it anyway. The answer is Restoration of Free Board Reset! ❤️❤️❤️ Hey, Fellow Community Members, do you agree?
  • It’s bad enough that every time there is an update you seem to find a way to screw over the players but this is getting to be too much. What if I started a level and before I got to make a move needed to exit? Now I can’t exit without losing a life! Or what if I forgot to turn off boosters from the previous level I just won? Same problem, now I can’t exit! All we get is 5 lives and it already takes long enough to replenish all of those 5 lives and now we get one cut for a stupid reason. You guys should really fix this because this is messed up especially with the amount of money and time ppl put into this game. 
  • Tankergirl
    Tankergirl Posts: 19 Level 2
    Huh, all this time I didn't even realize this was a "thing"! Lol on me, I guess!
  • cathsocal
    cathsocal Posts: 3 Newbie
    For the last several days I've signed on hoping that this ridiculous decision was reversed.  It doesn't appear that it's going to happen.  I've won one game in the last 4 days and lo and behold I won level 3929 this morning! I used to win 5-15 levels every time I played.  I thought to myself...this isn't bad?  I almost bought into King's ridiculous business decision and spent some of my personal money (as I do every week) to buy extra's to help.  I stopped myself and decided that this game will no longer get another dime from me.  Maybe it's time to pick up a healthier distraction...like reading a book!  I absolutely hate greed!  And...I also hate this moderator making excuses for the people in charge!  Own up to what you've done King!!!
  • Michelle-69
    Michelle-69 Posts: 11 Level 2
    Pounawea said:
    Dear community,

I'd like to share with you some information in regards to a god old known issue of the game: 

as you may be aware, when we access a level, we don't use any move and we exit the level without playing it, we don't lose any life. 

This behaviour was not intended since the very beginning and very soon, this issue is going to be fixed. 

That means that, once it's fixed, if we access a level to check it out, we don't do anything and we decide to exit the level to go back to the map, we will be losing a life.

Thank you very much for your understanding 🙂

Have a delicious day and let's keep crushing!

Wow.  I have been a loyal Candy Crusher for years.  I have spent many hundreds of dollars playing the game despite the occasional frustration and glitch.  I will play this game far less now (if at all) due to this change! You should grandfather in the legacy users and make this rule applicable only to new players! Instead of being excited to play, I'm must frustrated on nightmarish levels and will probably just blow all my stored up boosters and quit for good. Not a good way to keep your base.  (Even Trump keeps his base and he's a terrible person). Way to go! Covfeve yourself!
  • kfdover
    kfdover Posts: 14 Level 2
    No more purchases from me!!! This is ridiculous 
  • Selenators263
    Selenators263 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited December 2019
    I have a big problem with candy crush i play candy crush all the time and now i can't go in and out my level by not doing a move without losing a life this is **EDIT: Rude** fix the **EDIT: Rude**  problem and hurry up and fix it now i can't get my levels without  
  • pawatkins75
    pawatkins75 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I am one of those players that actually pays money to play to get a little extra help so that I can keep passing levels, being able to enter and exit a game without losing lives or boosters was essential.   But no more, therefore I will no longer be giving money away to any King product.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?