No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• doctorfun
    doctorfun Posts: 18 Level 2
    Bring back game preview!! I'm on level 5421 and you're changing this NOW!!!???
    What's the your goal in doing this now?? 
    COME ON!!! 
  • AlanTuring101
    AlanTuring101 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Dinerboy said:
    Ponder this from a player's perspective, within the context of buying boosts, because that's how King monetizes the game.

If you open a board and your boosts are located in lousy positions, you've just lost those boosts with no realistic expectation of them helping you beat a tough board.  If this is the norm, are you *more* or *less* likely to spend money on boosts?  The higher probability of having a booster simply go to waste will be a disincentive to spending money on them.

Here's the most galling part, they've done this BEFORE. In this thread, https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/257933/eliminating-reset/p5 started (I think) May 28th of this year, players complained about the reset feature being removed. Shortly after, because of those complaints, King reinstated the reset function. And now, they've helpfully "fixed" it and removed it permanently. It is literally jaw-dropping that this blatant money grab was initially being sold to players as some "fix" -- when it clearly wasn't positioned as such in the past. 

Anyway, King listened back then. Now, we're all getting a big middle finger while they have a good laugh at our expense. Good luck with your 4Q profits, King. Never another penny from me! 

Same here.....what a scam
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,637 Sweet Legend
    edited December 2019
    Ok guys a lot of you know me and you also know that I am always here and available to help all of you whenever I can.  I almost stopped playing the game last week when trying to clear and finally clearing level 5971.  It really did me in and I am hesitant to see the new episode this week.

But that’s not my reason for writing here and now. I totally understand all of you and the level of anger that you all feel about these changes.  Please please try to understand that @Pounawea is just the messenger.  He is a middleman, like me, except that he is a step closer to the studio.  Please take a deep breath and try to understand where he is at.  He does not make these changes and I can tell you from past experiences that all the community managers are on your side and not their side.  He is not sitting at his desk twiddling his thumbs.  He is constantly in touch with them passing along your thoughts and feelings about these changes.  Then when the studio gives him an answer that might not go over well he still writes here to let you know what is going on behind the scenes.  Venting from you is ok but threatening to report King is something that I will not address.  

Please give @Pounawea a chance and please try to understand what he experiences too.  I can totally understand both points of view, as a Superstar who is a messenger, and as a player who also struggles with the game sometimes.  So how do I handle my stress from playing the game?  I come here and create stories for all of you to read and enjoy.  It helps me unwind and I can walk away from the game.  Another way to deal with it is to play all 4 candy crush games.  When I can’t deal with one of the games I just move on to the next and the next until I am all gamed out.  I also come here and make friends with a lot of you.  We introduce ourselves to each other and have a laugh or two.  I don’t expect you to follow in my footsteps because we are all different.  Now if anyone lives near me can you please bring me some wine?  I could use it right now.  I refuse to let this game control me.

Enjoy your evening and I am here in the community tomorrow if you need me but I will not walk alongside you and share in your anger.  Please try to see all sides and maybe together we can come up with some solutions.
  • Kazza-3
    Kazza-3 Posts: 215 Level 3
    @Elsa I appreciate your comment. My anger is in no way directed towards @Pounawea. I feel badly for him as, like you said, he is just the messenger.
    My anger & frustration is entirely towards King & this ridiculous “fix”.
  • _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,637 Sweet Legend
    Kazza-3 said:
    @Elsa I appreciate your comment. My anger is in no way directed towards @Pounawea. I feel badly for him as, like you said, he is just the messenger.
    And I can totally understand and feel your anger.  Maybe “fix” was the wrong word to use but maybe the studio called it that and our poor community manager did not know that we all went through this last year when they took it away and then had to put it back.
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    edited December 2019
    Elsa said:
    Kazza-3 said:
    And I can totally understand and feel your anger.  Maybe “fix” was the wrong word to use but maybe the studio called it that and our poor community manager did not know that we all went through this last year when they took it away and then had to put it back.
    So they threw him under the bus having already been through this less than a YEAR ago. They ASKED for this reaction to the message he had to relay to the masses. That is no way to treat an employee that has to do what the greedy corporate giant tells him to do or his family actually WILL suffer the consequences.

If there is justice in this world the giant asshats of King will suffer where it seems they live, in their wallets.

karma, people, karma. 
  • Angiehenry80
    Angiehenry80 Posts: 1 Newbie
    There's no point in buying booster packages anymore, boosters are officially useless without being able to view the board before hand.
    This may be a blessing in disguise for me, I spend waaaaay too much time playing candy crush.. well, at least, I did. 🤣

• cscotch
    cscotch Posts: 2 Newbie
    I HATE the change. Why in the world can’t we exchange a board we don’t like for one we do? The game is hard enough as it is, and it is really frustrating to have a bunch of earned or bought bonuses but not be able to utilize them. UNBELIEVABLY FRUSTRATING!!! I will quit playing. I need to spend my time more wisely anyway.
  • Gerry_S
    Gerry_S Posts: 7 Level 2
    Hi Everyone, Gerry S Here.   This is nothing less than a money grab.  This is NOT what the original King Company had in mind  for the game.  How does the new, and VERY GREEDY  King sort this out?  I Would Like to suggest a few things.

1  Make the game the same for every player (no matter which platform we play on.)

2 Give us ALL the chance to win REAL boosters once again (NOT THESE STUPID TIMED ONES.)

3 unfix THE FIX/ISSUE that never was.

4 OWN UP TO THE FACT THAT YOU ARE WRONG!

5 DO NOT TAKE THE LOYALTY OF YOUR PLAYERS FOR GRANTED!

6 In my opinion, you have not only shot yourselves in the foot with a pistol, YOU HAVE BLOWN BOTH FEET OFF WITH A CANNON. (Please remember that everyone thought that the Titanic was unsinkable , HOW WRONG THEY WERE!)

7 PLEASE INVITE ALL OF THE PAST, (VERY LOYAL), PLAYERS TO THE FUNERERAL.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?