No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    Elsa said:
    Don't bother Elsa. Seriously - do you not get it? Welcoming people who only came here to tell you we're quitting because they loused the game up with ultimate greed and complete disrespect to loyal users of 6-7 years?

What is not to get?

Fix it or we leave. Restart levels, and go backwards to build up boosters. Its as simple as that - or your beloved platform will collapse.

We still paid money each month doing this, now CCS get nothing at all, and multitudes leaving. Within a short time, this will collapse if they do not 'unfix'.

Don't be fooled - the addicts will soon grow tired of propping you up, by then we the masses will be gone.

Really - it is that simple. Take that back to the money hungry disrespectful absolute total fools who messed the game up, sooner than later. You've already lost so many it is scary.

The delete option is far easier than continuously trying to get this through greedy thick skulls. Read the history of this one topic alone. 32 pages in how many days?

You idiots. You cannot defend this stupidity - to try makes you look as dumb as they are. (respectfully)

What do you think I am not getting?  @TurboTim66, you have been here in this community for how long?  I've been listening and reading complaints for how long?  Oh yes, 4 years as a Superstar plus another year prior to that.  Can I share something with you?  So many times in the past players came here threatening to quit.  Yet the data showed that the numbers never went down.  I found it hard to believe.  We are now up to 32 pages, should I take a count of how many have actually quit?  Ok, maybe this time you guys are really not playing this week but for everyone of you that chooses to walk away this week, a new player will join.  So I don't know how they collect their data but I was told many times that their data team always says that the numbers haven't gone done.  Yes, perhaps this time it will be the long time players who walk away, but for me, I am just cutting back.  Addicted or not, I can still enjoy the game when the levels are not insane.  I have never ever tried to reset a level because I didn't like it.  My brain never worked like that, just as it doesn't work like a lot of players who can look at the board to decide what my next move should be.  I see a possible 3 and go for it!  That is how my brain works.  I can tell you that most of the time I end the level half way through when I see that I won't be able to finish it.  I bet there are other players out there that do as I do but they just aren't coming here to express that.  I am! 

I don't know if I can say this or not but if I were part of a team who created the game, a programmer, I might take a different approach but I am not a programmer nor am I a part of their team.  We have to wait and see if the team does something about this.  Thank you for expressing your thoughts here.

Don't shoot the messenger & Get over it....??

It's completely understandable that saying "you" in the comments may feel like a personal attack to the "superstars" when, in fact, it's not and you know it. It's just easier to say then "the developers and King". However, the words USED my the messenger invoked the assumption of ownership. He said "WE would rather you buy gold and boosters". 

You said that the numbers of players never really takes a hit when the going gets tough and the loyal get going instead of going through the frustration of trying to beat ridiculously difficult levels. That may be true, but that's not the real point. The players that could were already spending money and now they are NOT. The more people come to the discussion to see why they can't reset, the more people spread the word, the greater the impact. 

I haven't been playing for years, I stopped because it was so difficult and was no fun. Friends Saga is way harder than necessary as well. I loved it until the day came that I had spent days trying to beat a level that wasn't even in the 1000's. I recently opened CCS again and was thrilled to see the ability to get boosters by watching video ads. I have been playing every day since. Now these videos are also gone. 
    The maddening part about that is the fact that no too players have the same game opportunities to win races, spin for extra moves, watch ads, or even build the Booster Bot. My Mom had no videos on her tablet but did on her phone. I had them on both. She has never laid eyes on Booster Bot or Tiffi's holiday boosters. That is simply not fair.
    It's also not fair for you to have contests to beat high scores when the Windows platform gives those players such a HUGE advantage over mobile players. They are able to score in the tens of millions while mobile players are lucky to just get into the low millions. 
    I didn't even know until a few weeks ago that you could back out of a level. As soon as I started using it and told friends, it was removed. 
    Someone made a valid point, though. Many of us go back to play lower levels to earn sugar drops and stars, etc. It's not like we can memorize the ones we want to play, so it's helpful to be able to leave a level that is not one that we want to use towards our goal. There are also times when we choose one accidentally, or forget to turn off the booster selection and want to go back to unselect it to save it. Not losing the boosters that are hard enough to obtain isn't too much to ask. Players are either rewarded with them or purchase them with hard-earned gold bars or hard-earned actual MONEY. Stealing them by burying them in useless spots on the board and when players back out is uncalled for and needs to change. Players are willing to sacrifice a life to back out and that should be good enough for King.
    Players HATE the timed boosters. Nine times out of ten they're awarded when they can't be used and the timers start anyway. THAT can also be changed to at least wait to turn on the timer when they are on a level that has it in the booster selections. Starting the timer when it's claimed is also basically stealing hard-earned rewards. What good is TEN minutes with a booster that isn't part of the level you're stuck on for days? Players are FORCED to claim them even though they're out of lives too, instead of being able to wait until they have the ability to play. That is by design as well, you try to force players to buy lives just to use the timed booster.
    I don't think players are asking for too much and King needs to hear them and unfix what they've actually broken. Those that pay to play will continue to do so and those that can't afford to pay will not be forced into doing so because they still can't afford to spend money on things that actually don't even exist in the real world. They will, however, spend money on things they see in the ads and taking those away was a HUGE mistake. Players are taking this mistake to the sponsors of those ads to let them know that they aren't getting what they paid for with King. On that note, King is also losing the "click to shop" revenue they most likely earn for running the ads. To compensate for taking the ads they've chosen to take even more from the players. 
    Bottom line is that it was a poorly executed plan that will hopefully backfire sooner than later. Lying to players by telling them it was an unintended part of the game is insulting and asking them how they would fix the reset problem is simply a lame attempt to give them something else to think about so they'll stop bitching about the reset removal.

The End
  • ApeyDawn
    ApeyDawn Posts: 1 Newbie
    I would also like to confirm that, for now, there are no plans to undo this change in the game. 

All I needed to know. You'll never get another dime from me either. This is absolute nonsense. Not only previewing the board, but if we accidentally open a level we've previously beaten and want to exit we lose a life and booster that we likely paid for!

Shame on you. Your customer service is a joke. 
  • eckyjo
    eckyjo Posts: 1 Newbie
    Just wanted to say thanks. I have spent hundreds, if not more, on boosters and gold bars. This change has made it easy for me to stop and has forced me to explore different games. I will never spend anoth
  • emdijk
    emdijk Posts: 1 Newbie
     After the so called “fix” ,  boosters are completely useless since you are not able to combine them the way you want to without losing a life or in some cases all your lives.
  • wwitch
    wwitch Posts: 1 Newbie
    I've played the game for years and because of this 'fix' it takes so long to complete an episode that I'm gonna have to leave.....coz I ain't go no time for that!!!! >:)
  • CarrieRN
    CarrieRN Posts: 1 Newbie
    Some of us invested money to get boosters. I just lost 3 that I had paid for. This needs to be fixed and we should be able to get some compensation for what we’ve lost. 
  • Sofia1992
    Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5
    Seriously everyone... for god's sake, STOP!
    STOP and LISTEN for awhile.
    Seriously, this went a bit too FAR this time.

The things that I will gonna write now is for all of us.
    As player that respect myself, I'm with both sides (and with community managers and with players too and not against them and all of you in this community) .
    And if someone doesn't like my opinion, then he/she can leave and not to read it.

First of all, stop blaming @Pounawea.
    As community manager that he is, he did the right thing to inform us and even he already knew that those news would made us upset, still he wanted to inform us since that's his job so thank you @Pounawea for doing this.
    Also, since that person is community manager, he can only share us info on what will gonna happen next in that game but about the changes in the game, only King and the ones that create those games can decide about them and not him so stop be mad with him.
    Also, @Elsa who is superstar, she is in our side too and she suggests to all of us solutions when we have problem in those games. So, please don't be mad with her too. 
    @Elsa was in everyone's side all these years so you should treated her with more respect!
    Both @Pounawea and @Elsa are doing their jobs and they do it right and the way that all of you treat them is UNFAIR!

And I will tell you this: Being mad with wrong person like community managers and superstars is just WRONG!
    If King want to listen us, they will listen us but in order to do, we have to slow down the tones a bit and express our opinion with a kind way!
    Ok....I waited that behavior from the new members of community and from kids.
    BUT...The most of you are adults and play this game for years so all of you should gave a better example for the new members and it's better to start it now before it's too late!!!

*sighed heavily*
    Listen!
    I know that the most of you might ignore me now and start to say 'Why to listen a member who is only 5 almost months in this community?'
    It's because, I understand.
    In 2015 I used to play Candy Crush Saga but I gave up cause I didn't like it to be honest and I didn't have the patience to complete those levels.
    But this year 2019 and that Summer, when they realised their 5000th level, I understand that in this company, they are still people who work so hard for all of us! They try and we players treat them like nothing. We should be shame of ourselves!

Now about what happened, I understand completely. I'm not excited about that change too but seriously, don't let it to make you sad. I'm sure that in the future, they will find an alternative solution so to exit from levels without to lose any lives like in Candy Crush Jelly Saga. A solution which is might be more better for all of us. A solution without issues or glitch...

Also, keep in my mind that all the games including and Candy Crush games of course are not 100% perfect but I still know that in King there are people who still agree with all of us and don't forget and community managers too. They are here to listen us...to help us and even to cheer us up.

Now if you ask me, I have two solutions right now that might help all of you:
    1) Before to enter in a level, always see if your boosters are checked or not. If they are checked, that means that you will use them in that level but if not, then you will not use it so you will not use it too.
    See the below example of the screenshot.
    As you see, the green circle on swedish fish means that this level I will use that booster while the wrapped candies next to swedish fishes will not be used it.

2) If you don't remember how a past level look alike, just type it in Youtube and check it.
    So simple! I know that it will take you time but it's better than nothing right?

Now about sending lifes to your friends and vice versa, in my own account they fixed the problem but I noticed that every time different players sent lifes. That's because some people are busy so they don't have time to play games so don't wait 100% that those certain players will send you lifes everyday. Deal with it!

And about transferring gold bars in your new device will not work cause it stored locally which means only inside your device and not in the game.
    It's sad I know but how knows? I'm sure that in the future, they will fix it too if we give them a second chance.

Final, about for fixing issue on exit in a level without losing lifes...well, people from King are trying all their best to fix their game. They are people like all of us and they will make their mistakes too.
    They thought that if they fix that issue, then the game will be fine.
    They didn't count though that this would cause trouble to all the players because the most of you who played from 2013 the game Candy Crush Saga, all of you used that way of playing.
    Seriously everyone, stop and think for a second how many good memories this CCS game gave you all these years. 
    Please everyone, they made a mistake and in the future, I'm sure that they will find an alternative solution about it cause they already know that Candy Crush Saga will be empty without us the players.

So please, don't let all of this to mess up your mood and your days and give them another chance.
    If not for them, at least for the people who work there and try all their best to create all those levels for us every week and for community managers who are here for us.

I know that alternative solution will gonna be late but remember, the good things are slow to get done and the patience is the greatest virtue a human can have in his life.
    Please, I know that all of you might disagree with my opinion and I know that it's hard but let's move on and wait for something cool and better in this game.
    Nothing is over yet!

And one last thing:
    Why all of you complain about Candy Crush Saga? The same almost thing that if you exit from the level, you will gonna lose a life, happens and in Candy Crush Soda Saga and in Candy Crush Friends Saga.
    The only difference was that CCSS and CCFS hadn't that issue and that thing was from their beginning (from their launch day of those two games) . In Candy Crush Saga though, that issue was there (I don't know if that issue was from the beginning) but there was.
    And I have proof too about CCSS and CCFS. Check this out:
    Let's start about CCFS Saga:
    As you will notice in the left upper screen, I have 5 lives.

When I will enter in a level, in the right below of the screen, there is a blue circle with white gear on it and if you press it, those settings will gonna appear .
    And If you press the first button (the red one)...

this message will appear below and in 3 seconds:

Ta-da. One Life is gone because you exit from the game without to play this level.

And in CCSS:
    I have 5 lifes in the game

If you press the green button with white gear in the right upper of the screen, those settings will gonna appear:

And if you press the red button, you will risk to lose a life and here too and if you press the red button with white 'X' , it will be like you gave up so..

I lost again a life here in that game too:

So, stop complaining so much about it and move on everyone!
    Life goes on and better day will come sooner or later!
    So, learn to deal with it! Life can be unfair sometimes but if you wait alittle,who knows?
    Might something good to happen!

• imagwai
    imagwai Posts: 32 Level 2
    In response to: "Last but not least, an open question: Can you think of a different way for us to preview levels in the game?"

1) Why not just put it back the way it was?
    2) Instead of selecting boosters to use before you enter a level, allow them to be added when in the level itself and placed.

This is not rocket science.
  • Sofia1992
    Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5
    Because the answer @imagwai is simple.
    1) As I said earlier, they might find an alternative solution without issues or glitches .

2)You are the player and it's your choice if you will select boosters for a certain level or not.
  • imagwai
    imagwai Posts: 32 Level 2
    Sofia1992 said:
    Because the answer @imagwai is simple.
    1) As I said earlier, they might find an alternative solution without issues or glitches .

2)You are the player and it's your choice if you will select boosters for a certain level or not.
    1) I never noticed any issues or glitches with how the game worked before.
    2) Exactly, so why not allow us to place the boosters where they will be useful (e.g. not in a corner where they can't be used). Then we wouldn't have to keep exiting the level and restarting.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?