No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited December 2019
    Sofia1992 said:
    Hi @mercerik.
    Of course I understand completely the situation and respect everyone's opinion but in the first pages in this discussion , everyone started to blame @Pounawea because he announced that sad change.
    I respect that everyone are mad now and everyone can tell their opinion here about it but seriously, why to throw the blame on @Pounawea?
    It's not his fault. He just announced that as community manager that he is.
    About the changes though, only studio has the upper hand to do this so everyone must understand this at least!
    @Sofia1992

Just for clarification, if members don't voice-out their opinions, the cause for bringing back the Free Board Reset will never happen. You don't have to defend the CM, he can handle himself perfectly. This is his job! He is the face of King Games and the Team. The comments are for him to relay. He is not an Intended Target. You have to understand that. My suggestion to you is, try not to stir anything here to divert the anger on you. Read my comments above. It might open your eyes and understand the facts.
  • noosha001
    noosha001 Posts: 2 Newbie
    This is such a low move. I’m on level 3867, this is where my journey ends, I guess. I’m deleting the app until I find out that this change was reverted. 
  • mercerik
    noosha001 said:
    This is such a low move. I’m on level 3867, this is where my journey ends, I guess. I’m deleting the app until I find out that this change was reverted. 
    Hi there, @noosha001 !  Welcome to the Community!

Just hang-in there. Don't make any hasty decision yet! It has only been 6 days since the Free Board Reset has been taken away. You might want to see the outcome of this cause. If all our attempts fail, then go ahead and do what you want to do. Give it a chance first before throwing in the towel. 
  • Sofia1992
    Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5
    That's all that you have to say to me @mercerik?
    Pfff...At least, I waited from you more understanding and not to scold me like that.
    Seriously, the only thing that I wanted was to balance both sides of community managers and players here after what happened but I guess that I failed right?
    What I was waiting about it?
    Noone will understand and listen my opinion afterall.
    I wish I have never opened my mouth for that thing.
    I...I just wanted to...to understand all of you.
    To understand that life goes on and that one day, everything will be fixed.
    That I am not naive and I really understand what's going on and how companies works even if I have never worked on one of them.
    But yes, I have never waited understanding from noone here.
    Since you find me unwanted and my opinion annoying, then I guess it's the goodbye from that CCS community.
    It's just really shame that noone respected me and all of you criticized my opinion with that way because it was alittle different.
    Seriously, shame of you. I'm done with this!
    See ya!
  • fosgate3
    fosgate3 Posts: 2 Newbie
    And not only do you lose a life when you out right exit a board but apparently you lose a life when you switch to another app on your phone. This just happened to me: I was in the middle of a round with my last life and needed to look up something online. I went to my home screen, then to Firefox and looked up whatever. When I returned to the game, it had to reload as if I just started it and my last life was gone. Thanks King for being retarded.
  • Awesomerat
    Awesomerat Posts: 1 Newbie
    I am a paying customer who spends money on the game to buy boosters, but I try to use them strategically. Being able to exit and try for a new board without losing a life has been key to my enjoyment of the game as it helps me pass some harder levels without having to use boosters or spend days at the same level. By removing this, King will be significantly reducing my enjoyment of the game. I won’t respond as King hopes by spending more money to buy boosters. I’ll respond by quitting the game, so they won’t get any money from me. If enough people do this along with me, King will find that this decision was counterproductive and costly for them. Hopefully they will then reverse it. 
  • mercerik
    edited December 2019
    Sofia1992 said:
    That's all that you have to say to me @mercerik?
    Pfff...At least, I waited from you more understanding and not to scold me like that.
    Seriously, the only thing that I wanted was to balance both sides of community managers and players here after what happened but I guess that I failed right?
    What I was waiting about it?
    Noone will understand and listen my opinion afterall.
    I wish I have never opened my mouth for that thing.
    I...I just wanted to...to understand all of you.
    To understand that life goes on and that one day, everything will be fixed.
    That I am not naive and I really understand what's going on and how companies works even if I have never worked on one of them.
    But yes, I have never waited understanding from noone here.
    Since you find me unwanted and my opinion annoying, then I guess it's the goodbye from that CCS community.
    It's just really shame that noone respected me and all of you criticized my opinion with that way because it was alittle different.
    Seriously, shame of you. I'm done with this!
    See ya!
    @Sofia1992

I don't know what you are up to but you seem not to understand any comments here other than yours. I don't know exactly which side you are on. Obviously, it is not ours! You seem to have a personal agenda. Whatever it is, is it worth it?

I don't have to be ashamed of anything. I am not looking for anything in return for supporting the members. What is your excuse? 
  • outragedK
    outragedK Posts: 8 Level 2
    We have this idea games are supposed to be fun diversions...or provide mental stimulation. And certainly CC was that for many of us for many years. But it seems the developers are intent to make games what they've been historically: practice battles for waging war. For they have certainly pitted the players against the CMs and Superstars. As a player, I don't want to be complaining; I want to be playing the game. If I were a King representative, I probably would have chosen the occupation in part to help provide a fun experience for people. But it seems the company has lost its ability to think about the best interests of its stakeholders.

If I were a CM or a Superstar, I would be questioning why King seems to be throwing its representatives under the bus, and what this means for the future. Because this very situation occurred before, back in May. But they handled it effectively. Within 5 pages of comments, the players reported the problem, the Superstars clarified the issue and reported it to the CM, the CM contacted the Studio, and the Studio reversed the changes. Find the proof of this assertion below...

https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/discussion/257933/eliminating-reset/p5

Back in May it was an A/B test for some unlucky people.   They then compared increased spending vs retention rates and made the decision to roll this out.    Maybe one or two of product managers felt like it may be a bad karma to reach this level of clownery, but year bonuses for increasing revenue targets would not pay themselves.  
  • Sofia1992
    Sofia1992 Posts: 2,526 Level 5
    ENOUGH!
    Stop to talk to me like that @mercerik.
    I totally understand the situation completely.
    I know that all the players are mad about that change thing but if you continue all of you to talk with that tone, then don't wait from King to listen you all.
    And I'm with both sides and I want the best...for you, for me and for everyone.
    When that change happened, everything went wrong.
    Our friends are gone from the game, no more lifes received from our friends anymore and no more events.
    Everything is a huge mess and I know that very well but to blame the wrong people about it is unfair.
    All of players should become a team instead of thinking which side to choose.
    It's not right and we should respect each other's opinion even if it's alittle different.
    I'm sure that more changes will gonna happen soon and all of us should wait alittle more before deleting the game. 
    We just have to wait and see about what will happen next.
    And about the current situation now, we will continue to talk to King until to find a way to bring back the game that it was before.
    But in order to do that, we must control our anger and talk to them directly and without hesitation. 
    Without any bad words or something... I'm sure that they will listen us when they noticed that most people are gone from CCS. Cause CCS will not be the same without their players who were loyal all these years!
    That's my excuse!
  • yewoody
    yewoody Posts: 1 Newbie
    Thank you, I’ve been trying to break my addiction and this has done it.  After finding out why I’ve lost boosters, I’ve deleted the game.  Level 3047.  Goodbye candy crush, your blatant money grab has lost this fan 
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?