No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• ShellzT
    ShellzT Posts: 1 Newbie
    BOOO!! Maybe a compromise, to make the gamers happy & satisfy whatever King’s motive was for making this change, would be that once a player is at a set minimum level, they can start to exit without losing a life & their boosters. It sucks when you get to the higher levels and it seems like 1 out of 5 levels are regular difficulty. The other 4 are hard, nightmarishly hard, or super hard. It takes days to pass a level!
  • SuzyFuller
    SuzyFuller Posts: 61 Level 3
    @ShellzT I like your thinking, that King has a perspective too and that maybe compromise can be reached. But I can't say I agree with your suggested compromise. Because people at the lower levels have already been significantly disadvantaged. (Some of those levels we beat awhile ago have had their moves reduced by 76%!) I would like to hear what King's perspective is, though. What do they stand to lose if they return this feature that they took away and then returned earlier this year?
  • carly1017
    carly1017 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I just signed up to the community so I could express my frustration at losing a life for exiting an unstarted game. 

I'm respectfully asking for that feature to be reinstated to all. 

I can't understand why King would chance a boycott and/or losing many long time purchasing players.

Reinstate the feature pleeease!

• Roxanne_R
    Roxanne_R Posts: 1 Newbie
    I have completed almost 4300 levels and I agreed w most comments in here- You guys suck at customer service! At least take responsibility for causing a glitch that screwed up games for many people.

I lost all boosters because of a glitch on your end- that occurred during this last update. I was logged out- and lost all progress...and if I’m going to start at level 1 again! I couldn’t log back in for three days and when I did- everything I had accumulated was gone.

All boosters- at least 5 of each, ufos , whatever that party popper is, my lollipops, and a switch. If that’s wasn’t enough to Piss me off- I emailed twice about my concern and the only responses I got were a link back to the community forum...🤦‍♀️.

Btw my game is still not working correctly and won’t Connect online- Therefore I cant collect boosters I’ve lost! Losing faithful customers isn’t  good look CC- I’ve been one since the beginning!!! And it def sucks that we can’t preview a level wo losing a life...listen to your players or u will lose them!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited December 2019
    Just game to say GOODBYE ya dirty *Deleted by CM - Rude and insulting*. DELETING your *Deleted by CM - Rude* game.

Pounawea said:
    Dear community,

First of all, thank you very much to all you for coming by and sharing your opinion with us and a warm welcome to the forum to all newcomers. 🙂

I wanted to let you know that your feedback has been shared with the Studio and we will be having more conversations around this change in the game during this and the upcoming weeks. Also, I've changed the title of this topic (thank you very much for the suggestion!) and pinned it as an announcement. 

I would also like to confirm that, for now, there are no plans to undo this change in the game. However, due to your feedback, the Studio will be looking into this, we acknowledge the want to be able to preview the levels and will be looking into different ways on how we could incorporate that into the game. 

With that being said, I cannot promise that something will definitely come into the game nor I can give you an estimated date, but I'll certainly keep the conversation going with the Studio so they know what's the community opinion. 

Last but not least, an open question: Can you think of a different way for us to preview levels in the game?
    If yes, please share it with us here and I'll be taking it to the Studio! Let's discuss together ideas and options that could be implemented to the game in the future!

Once again, I'd like to thank every one and each of you for sharing your feedback with the community. Please, keep it coming!

Have a delicious day  🙂

• Candy crush is a fun challenge for many... but certain levels are extremely hard. And without thousands of candy crush friends sending lives daily, gaining lives is very hard. Being stuck on a level for months is hard enough when we can keep re-entering the game to get a favorable board... if we can not do this, it will become very hard to get past those near impossible levels. Which would cause me to unfortunately find another puzzle game to support. 

Please reconsider your decision to take this feature away. Many love the game and we would like to keep playing for many years to come.
  • Pounawea
    Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager
    Good morning everyone,

I totally understand the frustration that this change has created, this community topic is the most commented topic of the year already and it's been 'only' on for some days. The way we are used to play Candy Crush Saga has changed, 1 of these mechanics that has been there for a long time (and hasn't been changed for different reasons) so being upset and furious is also totally understandable. Let's face it, this is a very unpopular decision. But as for every decision that is taken, it has its reasons and this is exactly what the Studio will be sharing with us today. 

As I've been telling you during these days, your feedback and sentiment has been forwarded to the Studio, but not only that, also your suggestions and ideas for improvements. I really appreciate everyone's efforts for keeping this discussion 'civilized', for remaining calm and cooperate with the community. As for the ideas we have received, from the Boosters to the at least 1 chance to reset the board per day, they have been all shared and the Studio are taken them into account. 

As you all know, I recently joined this community and I'm still getting to know things about the game and, most importantly, to understand you, our players, your different games experiences and your feelings when playing the game. This discussion is very difficult, there are a lot of emotions and tension involved, but I'd like to share a little bring side: as a Community Manager, this discussion is teaching me a lot about you and about the game and I have the feeling that will unite more the community and I'm happy about that. These learnings are already helping me to understand and represent your voice and sentiment better.

Once again, thank you for being here and for all your feedback. Stay tuned, I'll be posting the Official communication from the Studio soon. 
  • Jeprey
    Jeprey Posts: 2 Newbie

Just used 2 boosters there which were completely wasted.
    I had to wait until the keys were covered with chocolate with 4 moves left and trust luck and obviously I lost......again!
    That's over 100 lives gone and several boosters wasted,that's enough.
  • Donand
    Donand Posts: 3 Newbie
    You have now ripped me off of 8 gold bars! I had 38 now you are only offering 30 stating my piggy bank is full! Just not on!
  • Danilo666666
    Danilo666666 Posts: 5 Level 2
    so, how am I supposed to win this one? The yellow bomb that's necessary to win has been randomly replaced by a colorbomb! Before I could reset and try again, now I have to lose enough times to clear all my boosters. 
    If you make such an ill-informed change then make sure the levels are winnable! 
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?