No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Comments

• nikosr
    nikosr Posts: 2 Newbie
    hi community 
    I am at level 5926, I have  spend time and money for this game 
    Piggy bank was 60 gold bars now is 30 but the price is the same 3.49€
    We can’t exit the board 
    we can’t use our boosters the way we want 
    we can’t win boosters playing “passing “ levels 

I think that king made big mistake with all this changes 
    I will wait for some days to see if king will listen the players 
    if they don’t I will delete it 

• Pounawea
    Pounawea Posts: 4,514 Community Manager
    Dear community,

I'd like to confirm that today we won't be publishing the official announcement. 

To answer @LuckyMe1189 comment, yes I will. 🙂   I'm trying to centralized all comments and feedback related to this topic here, so the official announcement will be published n this discussion thread, or at least I'll share with you a direct link to check the out.

Stay tuned. 
  • Florin4523
    Florin4523 Posts: 12 Level 2
    Hello community of Candy Crush Saga.My name is Bodea Florin and I'm from Romania.I play this game for a while.I played before too but now for about a year  I play daily.I always watch Mrs Suzy Fuller videos on youtube.Thanks to her I learned a lot of this game.I m level 2296 now thanks to her.Please give back the right to go back and change the board if we don t like it.People are complaining a lot about this feature on Facebook groups too.Please change again because you will have looses.Hope all will be fine.Greetings from Romania.
  • cathsocal
    cathsocal Posts: 3 Newbie
    Dear community,

I'd like to confirm that today we won't be publishing the official announcement. 

This is really becoming ridiculous!!!  Hey there King and all your little minions, we all know that you made this decision simply for money.  Just own up to your decision and let us players make the decisions for ourselves.  Today is the first day that I didn't sign on simply to get to spin the wheel???  King is keeping us swaying in the wind by having "pounawea throw us a hint or two every day or so.  They could have changed this a minute after they took it away and they're choosing not to.  We have to accept their decision.  To be honest...it's rather nice NOT to see any money come out of my checking account.  Time to spend money on Xmas presents for the people in our lives that we love...NOT some game that triggers our endorphins and makes us feel good for a couple of minutes.  
  • dannyfofanny
    dannyfofanny Posts: 4 Newbie
    Yup I’m over it!  It’s no longer enjoyable to me. I feel like I’m being nickel and dimed. Especially when you do spend money (not to mention I already feel stupid when I do). Now if I choose to buy boosters and you take away the option of screening the board. Just seems greedy to me. The game can already feel defeating already. Good luck!

ps my mom plays on her Samsung and she still gets to watch a video for boosters !!!  What’s up with the that. I’m an apple and I never got this option. And now I can’t even look at a board before i choose t to play??? Bad move period. 

• CPTBUC
    CPTBUC Posts: 8 Level 2
    edited December 2019
    @cathsocal, @Pounawea, we don't have to accept the change. The players built King and now King is screwing the players. So it's time to screw them back.
  • dkc
    dkc Posts: 6 Level 2

The whole point of this is that the reset (it seems) is almost exclusively used by those who have achieved very high levels.  It's a part of the game that allows us to preserve our boosters.  Sometimes these boosters have been purchased and sometimes they've been won.  Seeings how timed boosters have been part of the game that makes real boosters more important.  Also I've noticed that winning gold is very rare now.   The bottom line is that the ONLY reason to remove this is to FORCE us to BUY more from King.  That's fine.  I get it.  But don't blow smoke up our asses and tell us that it's something else.  This move makes me want to NEVER buy any boosters or gold.  Never.  What''s the use?  It has no payback if we're going to lose them on a board where we have zero control of placement.  
  • Jenn_Edward
    Jenn_Edward Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited December 2019
    A game that helped with my anxiety shouldn't be giving me anxiety!

There was no need to remove the feature to allow us to exit if we didn't make a move yet. It not like you're losing money by keeping that feature. 

I like brain teaser games like most of in this thread. It's sad that you are willing to lose players because of this change you name that no one asked for...  
  • imagwai
    imagwai Posts: 32 Level 2
    Pounawea said:
    Good morning everyone,

I totally understand the frustration that this change has created, this community topic is the most commented topic of the year already and it's been 'only' on for some days. The way we are used to play Candy Crush Saga has changed, 1 of these mechanics that has been there for a long time (and hasn't been changed for different reasons) so being upset and furious is also totally understandable. Let's face it, this is a very unpopular decision. But as for every decision that is taken, it has its reasons and this is exactly what the Studio will be sharing with us today. 

As I've been telling you during these days, your feedback and sentiment has been forwarded to the Studio, but not only that, also your suggestions and ideas for improvements. I really appreciate everyone's efforts for keeping this discussion 'civilized', for remaining calm and cooperate with the community. As for the ideas we have received, from the Boosters to the at least 1 chance to reset the board per day, they have been all shared and the Studio are taken them into account. 

As you all know, I recently joined this community and I'm still getting to know things about the game and, most importantly, to understand you, our players, your different games experiences and your feelings when playing the game. This discussion is very difficult, there are a lot of emotions and tension involved, but I'd like to share a little bring side: as a Community Manager, this discussion is teaching me a lot about you and about the game and I have the feeling that will unite more the community and I'm happy about that. These learnings are already helping me to understand and represent your voice and sentiment better.

Once again, thank you for being here and for all your feedback. Stay tuned, I'll be posting the Official communication from the Studio soon. 
    Please tell "the Studio" that it's too late. I've stopped playing and won't be coming back now, regardless of what they do. They should have engaged us before making the changes, not afterwards when they realized they'd made a mistake. It's not the first time it's happened either.
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?