No longer able to exit an unstarted board without losing lives - Information and feedback

Options

Comments

• Arez1693
    Arez1693 Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options

Pounawea said:

I would also like to confirm that, for now, there are no plans to undo this change in the game. 

Attention players: This is ALL you need to know. I won't EVER give another dime of my money to this company. 

*Edit: sharing a personal opinion

• Irene_Fowler
    Irene_Fowler Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Can you please bring back the ability to enter and exit the game ,please I love the game as it was .
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Pounawea said:
    Dear community,

I'd like to confirm that today we won't be publishing the official announcement. 

To answer @LuckyMe1189 comment, yes I will. 🙂   I'm trying to centralized all comments and feedback related to this topic here, so the official announcement will be published n this discussion thread, or at least I'll share with you a direct link to check the out.

Stay tuned. 

Compromise? Nah. 

Ransom demands? Yes. ;o]

It's evident by the stand that the majority of players are taking that compromise at this stage in the game will not be accepted with any less than having their demands met, and with good reason.

As the levels are passed they become increasingly difficult with new and more intrusive obstacles, not to mention the developers going back to them to lower the # of moves allowed and adding more of the following...

From bombs to conveyer belts, chocolate to multi-layered chocolate, special colored candies that need direct hits, spawners that shoot jelly and chocolate to eat everything before the candy is even done falling, and licorice that whiffs out candy that tries to go through it. These are on levels under 2500, so I can imagine what fresh hell awaits in levels even higher. It is expected to be challenging because at those levels you are assumed to be playing at near-expert level. While that may be true, removing the board reset as well as the ad videos (which no one seems to be able to address) effectively prohibits the players from succeeding, to keep passing levels at all. It's a senseless change and there really is no justifying it or throwing a bone at it.

Aren't the boosters THERE to assist the player? King has actually said that hoarding them doesn't do you any good and to use them to make the game "more enjoyable". It's hard to use them when they aren't available to use, for NO good reason, because every level can use some fish, coconut wheels, and check-mark candies.

1) Replace the board reset. There is no real compromise to that. A preview may give you a view of the board, but without seeing where the actual boosters will end up it's pointless. If you CAN see where the boosters will land, you are likely to still be stuck with an unplayable set of boosters that will be lost to the unreachable regions of that board.

2) Give players some control over the boosters they EARN and/or PAY for. That may be the only compromise players are willing to accept. Allow placement of them at the beginning of the level, before the first move is made. 

3) Let players start the timers on boosters, within a timeframe that'll expire and only a certain amount of time can be saved up, like 90 minutes. Timed boosters are not really a reward if they can't be used on every level. Ten to 45 minutes with a coconut wheel that can't be chosen as a booster for multiple levels in succession, much less the Hard one that you've been stuck on for days, the one that is just ASKING for a coconut wheel or some fish; THAT is enough make every player think "Thanks for nothing, so glad I worked so hard to grab those sugar drops (or whatever)". 
    Two candy hammers, a rarely seen UFO, hand switches would be more welcome than timers that run out in ten minutes.

4) Every player should have the SAME GAME with the SAME ADVANTAGES, especially if they're on the same game platform ie; Android, iOS, PC, etc. We should ALL have sugar drops, Booster Bot, Music boxes, Tiffi's holiday hats, stockings, doors, etc. My Mom has never laid eyes on the Bot or Tiffi and she's been playing for years while I've had them all along. We've updated, un- and reinstalled to see if it would help, NOPE. 

5) Make sure we ALL have the choice to watch AD VIDEOS if we want to waste time we'll never get back watching the same video over and over for days on end, to be able to get lives and boosters.  It's not FREE, it's being paid for by the sponsors and the players that visit those sponsor's websites, for which each click rewards King whether or not a purchase is made. It's REWARD to the player is INCENTIVE to keep playing. For the players that also pay to play, if they spin that wheel after spending gold bars, King is literally double-dipping profits.
    The "extra moves" wheel is a crap shoot with no guarantee of getting that one or two moves you need to beat the level. That's the one time I've been frustrated enough to throw gold at the wheel to spin again, at least if I don't get the moves I'll get a booster.
    Now, I don't even have THAT option. I am granted ONE spin per day and I don't see it again until the NEXT day. Yet another way that King has chosen to LOSE MONEY. Not to mention the fact that those videos cut into the precious ten minutes given with that timed booster you finally got to use. 

So that's my interpretation of the multitude of players, let's say DESIRES instead of DEMANDS. We all know what the inference is and that this discussion only represents those that have taken the time to use their voices. There are COUNTLESS others, across numerous social media platforms, that are not part of this particular thread. Don't think they aren't paying attention to it as well as taking action with repercussions dealt directly to King's (and their sponsors) bottom line. Seems that's what it's all about at the end of the day. 

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited December 2019
    Options
    To King Games & The Team

Please for the love of God, Restore the Free Board Reset!

Please Be A Hero for the Revenue That used to be Zero!
    I might put a Copyright on this Hero/Revenue Quote
    to get a royalty. Just kidding!

What are you waiting for, Christmas?
    Oh yes, Christmas is just around the corner!
    Please make it haste so we can go back to our normal lives!
    Please don't wait till this Thread reach 100 Comments.
    It is already making me drowsy swiping down just
    to read the comments! 

Please have love, compassion and charity!
    Sometimes wealth should be shared
    especially when you have accumulated way too
    many from people who've supported you.
    It is time to give back to the Community.
    The best place to do it is with
    your own Community,
    the King Community.
    Don't you agree?
  • AzMaz
    AzMaz Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options
    My Sad & Crushing Story

I had an hour of time this morning and fancied playing candy for a while with my coffee. 

Without the reset, I rapidly lost my lives as there was absolutely no chance - at all - of winning the levels without boosters. I was playing the waiting game. Waiting until King decided to give me a board where my skill of the game decided if I would win (or not), instead of the blatant futileness of the candies offered on the board at the start of each game.  

So I decided to buy 50 gold bars and an hour of boosters so that I could continue to play for the hour, because hey, I felt like relaxing and playing candy!

Unfortunately the boosters were placed in useless or inaccessible locations on the board for the majority of the games. Without the ability to reset the board (to have even a slight chance of playing more than a few moves), I used up the 50 gold bars I had just purchased, purchasing more lives. All in all, it took only a little over 30 minutes to spend my booty.  

Devastatingly, this meant I couldn’t keep playing for the hour AND I lost the remaining half an hour of boosters I had just purchased. Well, that is unless I purchased more, to allow me to play for the hour I HAD ALREADY PURCHASED!!! 

Hmmmm. I don't think I'll being making that mistake again. 

So sad to have lost my crush, my candy love. 
    I'll miss you. 
    :-(  
  • tony578
    tony578 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Pounawea said:
    Dear community,

First of all, thank you very much to all you for coming by and sharing your opinion with us and a warm welcome to the forum to all newcomers. 🙂

I wanted to let you know that your feedback has been shared with the Studio and we will be having more conversations around this change in the game during this and the upcoming weeks. Also, I've changed the title of this topic (thank you very much for the suggestion!) and pinned it as an announcement. 

I would also like to confirm that, for now, there are no plans to undo this change in the game. However, due to your feedback, the Studio will be looking into this, we acknowledge the want to be able to preview the levels and will be looking into different ways on how we could incorporate that into the game. 

With that being said, I cannot promise that something will definitely come into the game nor I can give you an estimated date, but I'll certainly keep the conversation going with the Studio so they know what's the community opinion. 

Last but not least, an open question: Can you think of a different way for us to preview levels in the game?
    If yes, please share it with us here and I'll be taking it to the Studio! Let's discuss together ideas and options that could be implemented to the game in the future!

Once again, I'd like to thank every one and each of you for sharing your feedback with the community. Please, keep it coming!

Have a delicious day  🙂

• tony578
    tony578 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Congratulations.  You did the one thing that is sure to kill the game.  You made it boring.  Without the level preview this game gets old real fast.  No fun playing anymore.  I for one will not spend one penny while this is in place.  Let's just hope you fix this before I find another obsession.  

PS.  I hope who made that decision is getting paid lots of money. So you can compare it to the money your losing. 
  • xyz123
    xyz123 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have decided to stop playing crush because of the recent changes... and your reply to all the complaints. There are so many games to choose from I don’t need to open this one to another change that’s happened  that’s not for the players... 
  • JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    edited December 2019
    Options
    CPTBUC said:
    @JethrinaBodina join me !!
    Where, on the dark side? Ha! I think I've summed it up sufficiently. I posted the reaction to it on Reddit, players were wondering what happened so I informed them there. It's getting the same reaction. I don't Twitter, only Facebook and I'm choosy with my choices to respect the family and friends that follow me. They aren't many! Can't afford to lose any, lol
  • teerex
    teerex Posts: 5 Level 2
    Options
    A screenshot for levels can be displayed by click just before the levels are started
This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?